15 minutes ago, Toto said:

Hello folks, 

New here but did some reading of this site when I prepared our application. We had what felt like a long wait for nomination but then after we submitted application, it was very fast, which was not what I expected at all and we were delighted. Our case was straight forward apart from having an adult daughter at university. Therefore we completed the application ourselves with one trip to see a registered migration lawyer who helped me understand the breadth of evidence needed to ensure my daughter would be likely considered dependent. He also helped us interpret "de facto" as she has a uni boyfriend. We had asked for NSW Health to use the Labour Agreement Scheme for our nomination but they refused on the basis that as Kiwis we "had no need for permanent residence". This was a blow as we knew DE would be longer. That cost us six months. As Kiwis we can live and work here but we cannot vote or access uni fee loans and are excluded from certain civil service jobs, as well as other things.  There is also always the risk that later changes could undermine our right to be here and we felt a parental responsibility to try and secure PR (and ultimately citizenship) for the children we had brought here. We waited two years when we arrived because currently Kiwis in Oz count their time on the special category visa toward citizenship (this may change) and also after two years with same employer we avoid skills assessment including English assessment. The feeling when we got the emails was a fantastic mix of delight and relief - good luck to everyone else waiting. Our wait was only 14 months from immi in the end, but an extra 6 months getting the nomination submitted by employer.

Rough timeline (I didn't keep track exactly)

• State: NSW
  • Birth Country: UK
  • Stream: 186 DE
  • Number of applicants: 4
  • Nomination applied:  February 2018 (initially requested employer to sponsor under Labour Agreement in July 2017)
  • Nomination approved: Early December 2018
  • Visa applied: Early February 2018
  • Asked to attend medicals: Early May
  • Visa granted: 24 hours after medicals cleared.
  • IMMI Status: Finalized

Hi Toto

Thank you for sharing so much information.

May I ask if you were requested for new NZ police certificates? They are only valid for 6 months, so I suppose that yours were expired during the processing.

Do you still remember when was the last time that you updated your NZ police certificates on your application?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigbasin said:

Hi all, I m pleased to share my timeline.

10 million turnover hotel manager 

VIC

HR country

186 TRT (been working for 5 years) 

3 applicants

visa n nomination applied 1 April 2018

docs requested: 16 April 19, submitted on 1 may 19

VAC2 payment requested 10 May 19. Payment settled in the same day.

186 granted today

thank you all for sharing the info and encourage, wish all of you like me had a best of luck.

Congratulations mate. Did your myVEVO app visa description change from bridging to PR?

• Congratulations 1

31 minutes ago, 123stella said:

No issues with the afp check.

My partner has criminal records in Italy from over 10 years ago, that's why it took so long! They sent his file to another agency for further investigation! 

What was the crime ? Was it a big deal or a minor one ? 

Congrats friend!could you please tell us what did you include in your complaint,did you just say that the waiting time has been too long or did you say some other reasons like,the bridging visa is very convenient or something? Could you please give us some tips,because I have lodge a complaint online and they just replied me with:“

Global visa processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe only. Processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, and incomplete applications.

We have now closed this case. However, we have referred your feedback to the relevant business area. While no further response has been requested, business areas may exercise their discretion and provide additional comment.”

🤣No one is following my case since then....

Hi dear
I just called global feedback unit and said that it has been almost two years and what have the immigration has been doing on my file? I want a definate date they will be deciding my application. I wqs reqlly angry and literally crying. My lawyer said to call them and just say whatever I want to say. I just did that.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TA87 said:

Congratulations mate. Did your myVEVO app visa description change from bridging to PR?

Thx mate.

i tried to log on by using my 457 visa TRN, a windows popping up saying doc number invalid. 

So yes, once 186 is granted, your current visa will be disable.

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi Guys, I have received the golden email today, almost 2 months and I can only count my blessings! and would like to share my details since I have been threading on this forum, which is very helpful.

Birth Country: LR

Number of Applicants: 2

Application submission: 26th March 2019

ENS Approval: 23rd April 2019

Further Request Infor ( Police Clearance & Health Check): 23rd April 2019

Final submission: 21st May 2019

Visa Grant: 25th May 2019

Good luck to those who are still waiting ! good news will come very soon for you all !

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 12

1 hour ago, bigbasin said:

Thx mate.

i tried to log on by using my 457 visa TRN, a windows popping up saying doc number invalid. 

So yes, once 186 is granted, your current visa will be disable.

Sweet thanks mate.

Is the 28 days normally from the request or when the docs are submitted?

• Congratulations 1

Can't even believe I'm typing these words! I haven't got my golden email yet but the silver one has arrived yesterday 😊

Long journey, here it goes:
Business turnover: around 7 million
Staff: We have 3 sites, I manage the biggest one and have around 50 staff under my watch. Only 2 other people on 457 Visa (cooks, soon applying for their 186 TRT)
1st 457 approved: August 2014
2nd 457 approved (changed employers): April 2015
Lodged 1st 186 TRT Visa and Nomination: May 2017
Nomination refused without any documents request: June 2018 (apparently business wasn't financially strong enough to keep me for another 2 years)
Visa application withdrew before being refused: June 2018
Lodged 2nd 186 TRT Nomination: July 2018
Lodged 2nd 186 TRT Visa: August 2018
Received famous email on April 4th 2019 regarding Nomination being allocated to CO soon and on April 5th also received email regarding Visa being allocated to CO soon
Medical exams done on April 2019, right after receiving both emails above
Nomination approved without any further documents request: May 24th
Waiting on Visa approval. Immi has requested home country police clearance again, which we will submit on Monday 27th. Looking forward to good news!

Once my 1st Nomination was refused I have lodged AAT as well (did at the same time my 2nd Nomination and Visa applications were lodged. With Immi you can never be too safe I guess). My MA said that I can ask for AAT fee refund, might do so once Visa is approved.

What a happy Friday it was!!! 😍

Edited by Deh
  • Congratulations 7

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, i just checked in the immi website that stated "Applications for visa subclasses 186,187, 189, 190 or 489 which are lodged through SkillSelect will be given the highest priority within each priority processing group."

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/priority-processing

Can someone explain this to me, what is the difference between normal 186 and SkillSelect 186 applications?

Thank you

10 hours ago, Chelsea98 said:

What was the crime ? Was it a big deal or a minor one ? 

It was a big deal, he was sentenced to 12 months in jail, he did 5 months and then went to rehab! Now he's helping young people that have been through his same troubles!

Morning everyone 

Just received my GOLDEN EMAIL. 

good luck for everyone waiting . I have submitted my new NZ police clearance and NZ MOJ on 18th April . Waited 37 days . 

@Fungyour,s will be next 

13th March requested for my NZ police clearance and NZ MOJ consent uploaded on 16th March

12th April - Requested NZ police clearanace and NZ MOJ for my husband - uploaded on 18th April

25th May - Visa grant 

more details in my signature 

Thanks 

Edited by Tjacob
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 12

4 hours ago, Deh said:

Can't even believe I'm typing these words! I haven't got my golden email yet but the silver one has arrived yesterday 😊

Long journey, here it goes:
Business turnover: around 7 million
Staff: We have 3 sites, I manage the biggest one and have around 50 staff under my watch. Only 2 other people on 457 Visa (cooks, soon applying for their 186 TRT)
1st 457 approved: August 2014
2nd 457 approved (changed employers): April 2015
Lodged 1st 186 TRT Visa and Nomination: May 2017
Nomination refused without any documents request: June 2018 (apparently business wasn't financially strong enough to keep me for another 2 years)
Visa application withdrew before being refused: June 2018
Lodged 2nd 186 TRT Nomination: July 2018
Lodged 2nd 186 TRT Visa: August 2018
Received famous email on April 4th 2019 regarding Nomination being allocated to CO soon and on April 5th also received email regarding Visa being allocated to CO soon
Medical exams done on April 2019, right after receiving both emails above
Nomination approved without any further documents request: May 24th
Waiting on Visa approval. Immi has requested home country police clearance again, which we will submit on Monday 27th. Looking forward to good news!

Once my 1st Nomination was refused I have lodged AAT as well (did at the same time my 2nd Nomination and Visa applications were lodged. With Immi you can never be too safe I guess). My MA said that I can ask for AAT fee refund, might do so once Visa is approved.

What a happy Friday it was!!! 😍

Wow, what an ordeal Mate. Good going !! Congratulations and best of luck.

On 23/05/2019 at 19:30, Anajmi said:

Hi,

Should the employer provide the nominee's work experience at the time of submitting the nomination application?

I would be appreciate if anybody know respond to this question.

Hi, I dont have much knowledge about nomination, it was completely handled by my MA. But, I believe employer has to give a detailed  letter about the employee's work for his nomination. It's best to let the MA handle the nomination application.

16 hours ago, Fung said:

Hi Toto

Thank you for sharing so much information.

May I ask if you were requested for new NZ police certificates? They are only valid for 6 months, so I suppose that yours were expired during the processing.

Do you still remember when was the last time that you updated your NZ police certificates on your application?

Hello. You made me realise a MASSIVE mistake in my timeline - we applied in 2019 not 2018, so sorry!

17 hours ago, Toto said:

Hello folks, 

New here but did some reading of this site when I prepared our application. We had what felt like a long wait for nomination but then after we submitted application, it was very fast, which was not what I expected at all and we were delighted. Our case was straight forward apart from having an adult daughter at university. Therefore we completed the application ourselves with one trip to see a registered migration lawyer who helped me understand the breadth of evidence needed to ensure my daughter would be likely considered dependent. He also helped us interpret "de facto" as she has a uni boyfriend. We had asked for NSW Health to use the Labour Agreement Scheme for our nomination but they refused on the basis that as Kiwis we "had no need for permanent residence". This was a blow as we knew DE would be longer. That cost us six months. As Kiwis we can live and work here but we cannot vote or access uni fee loans and are excluded from certain civil service jobs, as well as other things.  There is also always the risk that later changes could undermine our right to be here and we felt a parental responsibility to try and secure PR (and ultimately citizenship) for the children we had brought here. We waited two years when we arrived because currently Kiwis in Oz count their time on the special category visa toward citizenship (this may change) and also after two years with same employer we avoid skills assessment including English assessment. The feeling when we got the emails was a fantastic mix of delight and relief - good luck to everyone else waiting. Our wait was only 14 months from immi in the end, but an extra 6 months getting the nomination submitted by employer.

Rough timeline (I didn't keep track exactly)

• State: NSW
  • Birth Country: UK
  • Stream: 186 DE
  • Number of applicants: 4
  • Nomination applied:  February 2018 (initially requested employer to sponsor under Labour Agreement in July 2017)
  • Nomination approved: Early December 2018
  • Visa applied: Early February 2018
  • Asked to attend medicals: Early May
  • Visa granted: 24 hours after medicals cleared.
  • IMMI Status: Finalized

Argh, sorry folks: it should read VISA applied: Early February 2019, Medicals May 2019.  That's why it was fast. Can't edit the original post.

• Congratulations 1

On 21/05/2019 at 13:26, Irfan sam said:

Hi All, finally got a golden email this morning as a cook TRT

applied 30 june 2017 nom and visa both.

nom refused 29 may 2018 because of benchmark.

visa refuse 28 june 2018.

applied AAT for nomination 18 june 2018.

applied AAT for visa 16 july 2018.

AAT call over meeting on 12 feb 2019 and ask for all documents within 2 week.

AAT set a side decision(in my favore) and subtitute nom with approval on 12 April 2019.

same day remit visa application to immi and immi asked for medical, AFP and oversea police check with deadline of 10 may, which provide on 5 of may and today got it.

finally being in aus since 2007 its look very different today, hope u all get visa soon.

Best of luck everyone

Hi irfan sam

congratulations for your victory.As i am travelling in the same boat could you please let me know the exact reason for your refusal because i got that the training benchmark was not paid on sbs approval time and was instead paid just before the lodgement of application and which state from did you apply

thanks

Hi, 

I am a newbie in this forum and your case seems to be similar to be mine. I will really appreciate if you can assist me from beginning did you lodge application by yourself or through an agent if you can share agent details would grateful to you. I am about to start ens 186 but have numerous doubt. 

Regards

cammy

On 25/05/2019 at 00:31, PSC88 said:

Hi Guys, I have received the golden email today, almost 2 months and I can only count my blessings! and would like to share my details since I have been threading on this forum, which is very helpful.

Birth Country: LR

Number of Applicants: 2

Application submission: 26th March 2019

ENS Approval: 23rd April 2019

Further Request Infor ( Police Clearance & Health Check): 23rd April 2019

Final submission: 21st May 2019

Visa Grant: 25th May 2019

Good luck to those who are still waiting ! good news will come very soon for you all !