44 minutes ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

Hey guys, 

Do you think this would affect already submitted PR applications (link below) or just restrict new ones? Fingers crossed its the latter! 

I hope they see sense and release we bring economic stimulation to the table. During a recession, cutting spending and immigration furthers a recession and creates austerity - which has been proven time and time again not to work. Unfortunately, the old political rhetroic of 'immigrants take jobs' and we'll solve that by 'stopping them' is a popular fictional story adored by the less educated. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532619/amp/Australias-radical-immigration-shake-Skilled-visa-list-significantly-reduced.html

Do you believe everything the daily mail prints?  😛

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

During a recession, cutting spending and immigration furthers a recession and creates austerity - which has been proven time and time again not to work. Unfortunately, the old political rhetroic of 'immigrants take jobs' and we'll solve that by 'stopping them' is a popular fictional story adored by the less educated. 

Yes, and you can rely on politicians to go for what's going to get them votes rather than what's most sensible for the country.   So I very much doubt they will "see sense"

As for who will be affected:  I think any employer-sponsored visas which are currently in the pipeline will be in jeopardy.  As you know, those visas rely on the employer proving a local candidate can't be found.  I think the government will want to make employers revisit the job market in the light of the changed conditions.  For instance, if Melbourne is anything to go by, there will be heaps of chefs and cooks available for hire. 

Edited by Marisawright

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, and you can rely on politicians to go for what's going to get them votes rather than what's most sensible for the country.   So I very much doubt they will "see sense"

As for who will be affected:  I think any employer-sponsored visas which are currently in the pipeline will be in jeopardy.  As you know, those visas rely on the employer proving a local candidate can't be found.  I think the government will want to make employers revisit the job market in the light of the changed conditions.  For instance, if Melbourne is anything to go by, there will be heaps of chefs and cooks available for hire. 

What about those who have already have nomination approved and waiting only for visa decision

Edited by Micgeo

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Very well said

On 30/11/2018 at 18:22, TDW said:

Hi guys,

Just got introduced to this forum today after submitting my application earlier this week. Decided to start following this thread and hopefully share some information with you lovely people here.

Can the mod add me to the list please:

Nomination Submitted: 26th November 2018

Application Submitted: 27th November 2018

Category: 186 DE

No. Applicants: 1

Processing team: NSW PSE

One question, the university HR told me that they needed to declare that they will offer me full-time employment for 2 years at the outcome of the nomination, but my supervisor can only commit a 2 years contract starting 1/1/19. With the current processing time for nomination, does that mean I will get into some trouble when a CO looks at the nomination application? I am getting mixed message regards to this issue, friend who got his 186 approved earlier this year says the 2 years starting at nomination lodge date is fine.

Hi, can you clarify some of the points below:

1. What visa was you on when applying for the PR?

2. When you got the visa granted, how many months left in your contract? 

TRT 186 (457-186 grandfathering arrangement ) Roof tiler

14 Dec 2019 -Nomination and visa application lodged

24 April 2020 -S56 request for form 80 and dependent's police check & English competency & form 80

18 May 2020 submitted all requested doc 

No updates so far 

We are getting mentally stressed during the wait, especially seeing the situation getting more unfriendly to overseas workers. Worked so hard for years and still working hard at the moment, now the future seems uncertain. 

What can we expect next?

• Like 1

hello all! We applied for 186 DE offshore (from the US, we're Brits) in late April; my husband is a university researcher.

Our lawyer has gone alarmingly quiet and we're hearing rumors that offshore/DE 186 processing has been suspended. Has anyone been granted an offshore 186 since the start of May?! 

Another nervy day in paradise! Chaos and uncertainty with speculation of upcoming immigration policy review and predictions! No or minimal approval in last few days making more nervous!! But something to be optimistic, there are no news of any refusal either unless there had been instances of refusal but people tend not to disclose the news of rejection here in public forum! Please! Do share your stories, experience and opinions! This can ease the pain to some extent!
Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi 

Can someone please also advise on processing times , after you have won an AAT appeal and Nomination finally being approved in May but final visas still not issued ? CO asked for further info which was provided in May as well.

does the file again go back in the pool after AAT win and same 4-7 months time-frame applies ?

Common sense says that should not be the case but cant find a confirmed answer anywhere.

Thanks

I have put in a new details sheet, since the old one has been inactive for some time. Please feel free to update. And would appreciate silent readers to update too if possible.

Active member in here pls include link in signature so new members can see it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Note : it is a open sheet, so pls be careful while editing.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

I have put in a new details sheet, since the old one has been inactive for some time. Please feel free to update. And would appreciate silent readers to update too if possible.

Active member in here pls include link in signature so new members can see it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Note : it is a open sheet, so pls be careful while editing.

it says view only for me.

My 186 nomination with the previous employer was rejected in 2017 as they didn't submit some required documentation and there was no visa application submitted from my end, as i wasn't sure if they would really sponsor me. Hence i said to them to let me know once the nomination is approved so that I can launch 186 visa application with the TRN. During this period i was on 457 visa working for them. 

Coming to present- I am working for a new company from the last two years on 482 visa and they are sponsoring my 186 DE. Will the previous employer's nomination refusal has any impact on the current 186 nomination application and subsequent 186 visa application? 

Hi Everyone.

Job-keeper and Job-seeker payment extended until March 2021 so we immigration will not proceed any application which leading to PR unless & until you are working on Health sector or for Big company.

or we will see grant for those applications who's not reliable on government subsidy plans and immigration priority lists.

that's my thoughts, i could be wrong.

but i am quite sure Hospitality sector applications gonna hard  hit.

37 minutes ago, hiral said:

Hi Everyone.

Job-keeper and Job-seeker payment extended until March 2021 so we immigration will not proceed any application which leading to PR unless & until you are working on Health sector or for Big company.

or we will see grant for those applications who's not reliable on government subsidy plans and immigration priority lists.

that's my thoughts, i could be wrong.

but i am quite sure Hospitality sector applications gonna hard  hit.

On the jobkeeper employee nomination form,  it states you must be Australian citizens or PR on 12 March 2020, which means anyone approved PR after that date is not eligible. 

However, for jobseeker, I'm not sure about the eligibility standards.

That said, there are still many other upcoming subsidy and grants to help individuals and businesses which may apply to new PR grants and therefore may somehow slow down PR applications, which is unfair to people worked here many years, paying tax, and just inches away from the PR....

32 minutes ago, Roof tiler said:

On the jobkeeper employee nomination form,  it states you must be Australian citizens or PR on 12 March 2020, which means anyone approved PR after that date is not eligible. 

However, for jobseeker, I'm not sure about the eligibility standards.

That said, there are still many other upcoming subsidy and grants to help individuals and businesses which may apply to new PR grants and therefore may somehow slow down PR applications, which is unfair to people worked here many years, paying tax, and just inches away from the PR....

Totally Agree with you.

we paid lot of tax and now when we are inches away from PR, they Hold our files and dont know when they gonna open? and another fear what will be there new requirement??

most of the businesses on lose and they will take time to recover at least a year.....

and when Immigration ask for updated BAS and L&P statement of course its gonna be negative and thats afraid most....

most of the applications again will be refuse on that basis and again people like us gonna feel pain...

My nomination approved in March 2020, but no correspond from immigration after that....

• Like 1