14 hours ago, Nneeri said:

currently I am on 457 visa which is going to expire in one month time. My employer is positive to nominate for 186 but it will take some time. Meanwhile they asked me to lodge 482 application

Are you sure they are being honest with you?   Why did they not prepare in good time to submit the application?    

56 minutes ago, devProgShub said:

We've a similar timeline, hope we get our grant soon!
Btw did you use an agent for your application or lodged it yourself?

Agent... but I don't think there is difference if you lodge by yourself. Agent can't do anything, the only thing they can do is asking me to be patient and wait.

13 minutes ago, hiral said:

Does anyone know, if your Nomination approved and you are waiting for your Visa approval, but your restaurant closed for permanently due to covid pandemic, is there any chance your visa get approved??  

I have the same question , my restaurant is operate only  as take away (due Victoria  lockdown )  ,and I’m with leave without pay (stood down)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Micgeo said:

I have the same question , my restaurant is operate only  as take away (due Victoria  lockdown )  ,and I’m with leave without pay (stood down)

Hi.

dont know what will be our future?

not even one application approved from Hospitality sector and even no one knows when immigration will start to process Hospitality sector applications?

on there website and Immi account says delay due to Covid-19 but how many months delayed??? 

frustrating..😡

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hiral said:

Hi.

dont know what will be our future?

not even one application approved from Hospitality sector and even no one knows when immigration will start to process Hospitality sector applications?

on there website and Immi account says delay due to Covid-19 but how many months delayed??? 

frustrating..😡

I know very Frustrating ,have you speak with your Immi agent?

On 29/07/2020 at 11:25, Tech Sales Rep said:

It depends. If your first 457 visa was lodged before 18th April 2017 then you are eligible to go from a new 482 onto a 186 TRT through provisional/grandfathering arrangements. Speaking from similar experience. Only thing is are those arrangements still valid or have they expired ? iI'm not too sure. I heard they were due to expire early 2020.  

My opinion would be to somehow apply directly with 186 nomination application and visa application which will get you the bridging visa at least and then you/your company can attach more docs as you have them ready but should be done soon after lodging.  There's a risk involved here that they may decide soon after the application is submitted based on the docs provided.  

grandfathering arrangements are still in place. 

I am seeing one last option which is don't submit medicals for 482 until I get clarity on 186, which will delay 482 process and I remains on Bridging A

Or, I need to check is it OK to apply 186 trt even if I am on 482 visa with occupation in STSOL?

On 29/07/2020 at 16:12, Marisawright said:

Are you sure they are being honest with you?   Why did they not prepare in good time to submit the application?    

Yes as far as I can see the efforts they are making and funding is the reason for delay.

13 minutes ago, Micgeo said:

I know very Frustrating ,have you speak with your Immi agent?

yes i did.

but they are also hopeless, just saying wait N watch.

i am sure, i am not the one person in this forum who's facing this kind of problem, they are thousands...

immigration needs to give fair decision, we work hard and paid lot of tax to this country 

Hi,

I am newbie to this website. Lodged my application on 28/7. How long does it take to get the case officer assigned?

Nomination application is lodged by migration agent. Can we see the status of nomination based on the TR or do we need to ask the MA only?

Visa : 186 TR

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 28-Jul-2020

Medicals - Were cleared as part of 482 visa

Onshore : Yes

Role : Software Engineer

Visa Status - Received

Hello,

I joined today but I was silent reader. My partner got english score Aug 2019 and we are still waiting visa grant. I just wonder that partner english score is 1year expire so do we need to get score again? I am also frustrated as I keep waiting.

186 TRT

Nomination apply: 15 Oct 2019

Nomination approved: 18 Feb 2020

Visa apply: 18 Feb 2020

State: WA

Just to let you all know. We got the nomination approval and s56 yesterday. Occupation: Mechanical Engineer. I'll create and show you my whole timeline tomorrow. Basically, we applied for nomination in March and for visa in February.

1 hour ago, Saper said:

Hi,

I am newbie to this website. Lodged my application on 28/7. How long does it take to get the case officer assigned?

Nomination application is lodged by migration agent. Can we see the status of nomination based on the TR or do we need to ask the MA only?

Visa Status - Received

Have you done your skill assessment?

Is 482 visa applied with the same occupation as a Software Engineer?

From the website, 186 medicals are different from 482. Did u check with MA?

2 hours ago, Jaecook said:

Hello,

I joined today but I was silent reader. My partner got english score Aug 2019 and we are still waiting visa grant. I just wonder that partner english score is 1year expire so do we need to get score again? I am also frustrated as I keep waiting.

186 TRT

Nomination apply: 15 Oct 2019

Nomination approved: 18 Feb 2020

Visa apply: 18 Feb 2020

State: WA

English score is valid for 3 years (regardless of what stated on the test report). 

Edited by sonhcnet

2 hours ago, Saper said:

Hi,

Visa Status - Received

You cant' import nomination application. Check with your agent only.

I'm also curious about the medical exam. Did you take full check (including HIV) for 482, and how old was it?

Edited by sonhcnet

Hello Friends,

just wanted to ask you that my MA is asking to do police check for my visa as I’ve done my AFP check last year in Nov 2019. So Is police check from my home country necessary and the place where I was leaving overseas? Or CO can process without having overseas? 
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated...

Thanks

33 minutes ago, SidFarooqui_20 said:

Hello Friends,

just wanted to ask you that my MA is asking to do police check for my visa as I’ve done my AFP check last year in Nov 2019. So Is police check from my home country necessary and the place where I was leaving overseas? Or CO can process without having overseas? 
Your prompt response would be highly appreciated...

Thanks

DHA: We may ask you to provide a police certificate from every country you lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10 years. Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date. 

If you dont want to delay your visa grant, apply PPC asap.

9 hours ago, sonhcnet said:

English score is valid for 3 years (regardless of what stated on the test report). 

FOI,  English test for the evidence of functional English ability for secondary visa applicants is valid for only 1 year. It might be valid for 3 years for other immigration purposes but not for partner’s functional English ability.