1 hour ago, Laura Zorzi said:

From date of visa approval.

If you had only transferred your 457/482 visa to your current sponsor (who also is the nominator for your 186/187 TRT), then the 2 years start from the date of nomination approval.

Thanks mate.

I am going for 186 DE. My contract is 3 years, 7 months has gone. Now I am concerned that my visa grant might not be made in 5 months time. Anyone experience this?

Edited by sonhcnet

Hey guys,

Good news here:

Visa 186DE - Civil Engineer
08/05 - Application 
09/05 - Nomination approved 
18/05 - Request for information - police clearance
11/06 - Health Examination
24/06 - Request for information - police clearance again (I sent the wrong document before - police check)
23/07 - Visa Granted

Thank you guys

Cheers

Edited by Madalena Ribeiro
  • Congratulations 9

29 minutes ago, Madalena Ribeiro said:

Hey guys,

Good news here:

Visa 186DE - Civil Engineer
08/05 - Application 
09/05 - Nomination approved 
18/05 - Request for information - police clearance
11/06 - Health Examination
24/06 - Request for information - police clearance again (I sent the wrong document before - police check)
23/07 - Visa Granted

Thank you guys

Cheers

Congrats mate!!

Wow, nomination approved in 1 day. Really impressive.  Is that because of your employer big company or something? Can you please share?

Hey guys

Just get my PR approved today, here is below time line.

Visa 186TRT - Mechanic Engineer Technician

10/12/19 - Application 

25/05/20 - Request for information - oversea police clearance & Health Clearance

18/06/20 - Health Examination

23/06/20 - Request for information - oversea police clearance (Extend another 28 days)

30/06/20 - Nomination approved 

09/07/20 - Submit oversea police clearance

23/07/20 - Visa Granted

See quite a lot visas granted today, things keep on moving, stay tuned.

• Congratulations 10

2 hours ago, devProgrammer said:

I guess it doesn't matter... Mine is accredited sponsor still file not picked up 7 months and counting.

It should be "accredited BIG sponsor". There are about 3000 accredited sponsors, and they are not at the same level. I suspect top 10% will be processed first.

11 hours ago, sonhcnet said:

It should be "accredited BIG sponsor". There are about 3000 accredited sponsors, and they are not at the same level. I suspect top 10% will be processed first.

Never heard of accredited BIG sponsor. I guess even if there is something like that I am pretty much sure my employer would come in that category.

23 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

Never heard of accredited BIG sponsor. I guess even if there is something like that I am pretty much sure my employer would come in that category.

How about company with revenue > $1B? That is how the sponsors are classified. How about your company?

31 minutes ago, sonhcnet said:

How about company with revenue > $1B? That is how the sponsors are classified. How about your company?

Yes that is where my company fits in.... But I guess accredited sponsorship has less effect on 186 applications. It is mainly for 482 visa, to fast track those visa, Mine has come in couple of days when I had applied.

I guess my application got lost in the pile. 😞

Edited by devProgrammer
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

Yes that is where my company fits in.... But I guess accredited sponsorship has less effect on 186 applications. It is mainly for 482 visa, to fast track those visa, Mine has come in couple of days when I had applied.

I guess my application got lost in the pile. 😞

That makes sense. We are in same boat now.  My offshore 482 was also finalised in 5 days. 

No worry, if you look around (this forum and expat forum), it seems they are moving the backlog now. A lot decisions(approval or refusal) for various kind of visas have been made recently.

On 16/07/2020 at 12:47, aussie_lover said:
I have been a silent reader all these days , and I received my golden email this morning ! 😀

Nomination & Visa lodged: 10 March 2020
Applicants: 4 (onshore) 
CO said PCC is not of correct format : 30 April 2020
New PCC sent to CO : 15 May 2020 ( Even though it is exactly of the same format as the older one. Attached an email from Consulate explaining the format is standard)
Visa granted: 13 July 2020
Agent emailed me the visa grant: 16 July 2020 😖 😂

What a relief ! I didn't even had an account, so just created an account today to update you guys to send some positive vibes.
What I see is they have started processing all the backlog in past 1-2 weeks as we can see lots of grants recently.

God bless you all, and soon you will all receive the golden email destined to you !
Good luck !

Congratulations mate. My nomination and visa was lodged earlier than your for the same role but no status update yet. 😞

Hi, I’m new here but have been reading the posts the last few weeks and I wondered if anyone could answer a query for me...

I have a 186 DE visa application which was lodged on 28th June, my employer had lodged the nomination a few days earlier and told me I could go ahead and lodge the visa application.  The company sponsoring me is Ramsey healthcare if that makes any difference to anything. 

Within a few hours of lodging the visa more info was requested which was my husbands police check (Which was uploaded 4 days later) and also my sons birth certificate (Which had already been uploaded with the original application but I attached again anyway). Our medicals were completed and uploaded 8th July. 

My query is that If the request for further information doesn’t ask about work experience am I right to presume they are happy with that?  

would you think I am just waiting for the grant now?

thanks in advance for any advice 😊

Nationality: British 

Nomination submitted  22/11/2019

186 application             16/01/2020

Bridging visa type A    05/03/2020

Medical                         29/01/2020

UK police check          04/02/2020 

Requested more information about nomination 02/06/2020

Information provided 18/06/2020

Nomination approved 23/07/2020  

S56 request                 23/07/2020

S56 info provided       24/07/2020

getting closer, any idea how long until I hear back now ? 
Are there any tradies on here or anyone in similar situation 

thanks