I am waiting my 186DE since April  as a chef.

visa and nomination applied 6th of April 2020.

Immi account shown received, and also  I have done my medical 7th of may since then no update on both part visa application and nomination.

As I heard they are not considering any hospitality related case.

guys please share your ideas and latest update if you have.

Waiting ...game is frustrating every one! Now what will be impact of this on employer sponsored visas? Will the existing application affected? Looks like no any grants after announcement of this scheme!! Worried!!!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australian-school-leavers-and-job-seekers-to-gain-access-to-free-courses-under-new-jobtrainer-plan?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent reader, just wanted to let you know that I received the Golden Email 2 days ago! 🙂

My details are in the signature.

Thank you for all the great info here and the support to everyone. This forum and the contributors are an amazing help to cope with the excruciating waiting. Thank you and please keep up this great work!

I really hope everyone here gets the Golden Email very soon!

Fingers crossed, Good luck!

• Congratulations 4

1 hour ago, PRayer01 said:

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent reader, just wanted to let you know that I received the Golden Email 2 days ago! 🙂

Thank you for all the great info here and the support to everyone. This forum and the contributors are an amazing help to cope with the excruciating waiting. Thank you and please keep up this great work!

Congratulations mate ! 🥳

Wow, seems as i heard from MA they request salary level now because they only choose nomination from higher Tax Payers can get Grant PR ! Thats why most hospitality sector been hold. 

1 hour ago, PRayer01 said:

Hi Guys,

Congratulations!!!!!! 

What date did you respond to RFI? I'm trying to figure out how long it took them to review additional information for approval. 

16 hours ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

Congratulations!!!!!! 

What date did you respond to RFI? I'm trying to figure out how long it took them to review additional information for approval. 

Thanks!

We responded in about 3 weeks after the request came, however, they waited till the 28 days (what they set for response time) expired.
As I learnt it from my MA, the visa applications are randomly assigned to case officers by a computer system, but only for one view. Meaning, when you get a CO first they check it and if they had any additional request your application goes back to an internal pool until the set period (28 days) expires, due to legal reasons for you to have the full time to respond, so you can't say "but I still wanted to upload some more docs" (therefore they won't continue on your case while the 28 is pending, although my MA says there are exceptions in rare cases).
Then the computer will reassign your visa application to a different CO (so you won't have the same CO as it used to be in the old times).

17 hours ago, Cahyadi said:

Congratulations mate ! 🥳

Wow, seems as i heard from MA they request salary level now because they only choose nomination from higher Tax Payers can get Grant PR ! Thats why most hospitality sector been hold. 

Thanks!

I hope restaurants will be back on full capacity soon and there will be a huge demand on managers and staff. Fingers crossed!

18 hours ago, Cahyadi said:

I don't believe that.  Salary level is an indication of how senior and how highly-skilled you are.   They only want the most senior and highly-skilled applicants now, because they want to try to fill lower-skilled positions through training local people.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I don't believe that.  Salary level is an indication of how senior and how highly-skilled you are.   They only want the most senior and highly-skilled applicants now, because they want to try to fill lower-skilled positions through training local people.

What cut of salary are we talking here 🤔

8 hours ago, PRayer01 said:

Thanks!

We responded in about 3 weeks after the request came, however, they waited till the 28 days (what they set for response time) expired.
As I learnt it from my MA, the visa applications are randomly assigned to case officers by a computer system, but only for one view. Meaning, when you get a CO first they check it and if they had any additional request your application goes back to an internal pool until the set period (28 days) expires, due to legal reasons for you to have the full time to respond, so you can't say "but I still wanted to upload some more docs" (therefore they won't continue on your case while the 28 is pending, although my MA says there are exceptions in rare cases).
Then the computer will reassign your visa application to a different CO (so you won't have the same CO as it used to be in the old times).

you are right ,  now my case is with 5th CO. Ridiculous! But Still  waiting.

6 hours ago, Micgeo said:

What are they requesting?

They would have asked all docu together in one or two S56 req but demanding present Employer permission, Overseas PCC (outside home country), character declaration as stayed overseas, Overseas ID card supporting docu etc separately which delayed my case for another 10 months. However very recently in the last month the dept asked for position availability letter from nomination/sponsored company. 

Edited by M A Z

15 hours ago, PRayer01 said:

Thanks!

But i think, CO won't change.

Whoever asks further documents will check the info you provide.

21 hours ago, PRayer01 said:

Thanks!

Oh! That is what they are practising now? How about this? Does the new CO assess only the documents requested or could possibly go through all the documents previously assessed by predecessor CO?

On 15/04/2020 at 15:36, donkeyoz said:

186 DE granted today. Less than a month.

University Lecturer.

Nomination: 17 March

Submission: 31 March

Meds: 7 April

Granted: 15 April 

Hi. Can you please tell if it is required to do skill assessment for University Lecturer (Research Fellow in particular)? Thank you

Hey guys, 

Do you think this would affect already submitted PR applications (link below) or just restrict new ones? Fingers crossed its the latter! 

I hope they see sense and release we bring economic stimulation to the table. During a recession, cutting spending and immigration furthers a recession and creates austerity - which has been proven time and time again not to work. Unfortunately, the old political rhetroic of 'immigrants take jobs' and we'll solve that by 'stopping them' is a popular fictional story adored by the less educated. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532619/amp/Australias-radical-immigration-shake-Skilled-visa-list-significantly-reduced.html

• Confused 1