Bridging visa type A    05/03/2020

Medical                         29/01/2020

UK police check          04/02/2020 

Requested more information about nomination 02/06/2020

Information provided 18/06/2020

Nomination approved 23/07/2020  

S56 request                 23/07/2020

S56 info provided       24/07/2020

getting closer, any idea how long until I hear back now ? 
Are there any tradies on here or anyone in similar situation 

thanks 

You are way better than many of us 😅

I’m a carpenter and they didn’t even saw my application 

1 hour ago, Dcdasilva1 said:

You are way better than many of us 😅

I’m a carpenter and they didn’t even saw my application 

Always good to share information, at least now you can be prepared for when they ask you for evidence of genuine need for nomination 

B29CF911-6074-4FD2-B31E-F7CA975520A4.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shanewcov said:

Always good to share information, at least now you can be prepared for when they ask you for evidence of genuine need for nomination 

Don’t they ask all this when you send the nomination ? Because I remember the migration agent asking all of this for the employer nomination 

10 hours ago, Dcdasilva1 said:

Don’t they ask all this when you send the nomination ? Because I remember the migration agent asking all of this for the employer nomination 

Yes and I’m not sure if my immigration lawyer provided it in the first place.

bu I think they will still ask you to show there is still a genuine need to see if covid has effected the business 

11 hours ago, Shanewcov said:

Did they ask you all this info before you get nomination approve or after?

my nomination has been approved waiting for visa but unfortunately business is open only for takeaway due lockdown so I’m temporarily on leave without paid (stood down)

Edited by Micgeo

17 hours ago, Shanewcov said:

Nationality: British 

Nomination submitted  22/11/2019

186 application             16/01/2020

Bridging visa type A    05/03/2020

Medical                         29/01/2020

UK police check          04/02/2020 

Requested more information about nomination 02/06/2020

Information provided 18/06/2020

Nomination approved 23/07/2020  

S56 request                 23/07/2020

S56 info provided       24/07/2020

getting closer, any idea how long until I hear back now ? 
Are there any tradies on here or anyone in similar situation 

thanks 

Hi, 

Extremely new to this forum, and just signed up.  I'm also a british citizen with plumber occupation.

I'm applying for other visas and EOIs for them but curious about 186 Visa.  Did you get a sponsor while offshore or are you based onshore?

I'm offshore and desperate for any permanent visa.  At present I have just received state nomination for 491 from SA which is obviously temporary.  I haven't lodged application as yet and praying for 190 at least.  Would love guidance how 186 visa works and how to get sponsor, thanks

7 hours ago, RD there is light said:

I'm offshore and desperate for any permanent visa.  At present I have just received state nomination for 491 from SA which is obviously temporary.  I haven't lodged application as yet and praying for 190 at least.  Would love guidance how 186 visa works and how to get sponsor, thanks

States are not issunig 190's very often these days.  The whole point of the 491 is that they're fed up of people getting a 190 and then going off to live in another state. The 491 is a way of putting you on probation, so you have to stay in the state or lose your visa. If they've offered you a 491 then they're not going to offer you a 190.

It's true the 491 is only temporary, however unlike any other temporary visa, it has a clear pathway to a permanent visa.  

Look at it this way. For the other temporary visas (student and 482), they're letting someone come to Australia to fulfil a temporary role.  The government wants those people to go home at the end, so they make it difficult to transition to PR. For the 491, it's the opposite.  The government really, really wants you to stay at the end of the 491, so provided you can meet the criteria, you're in.  Yes, you're temporary for 4 years but you've got that carrot at the end. 

It's so very difficult to get a visa for Australia right now, I would not be turning my nose up at the offer you've got.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Hi All, I am a silent reader from and finally our wait over. We have received golden email today :) 

Hope all of guys will get this golden email soon !!

here are my timelines

Visa: 186 DE (2 + years on 457)

Nomination and Visa applied: 12/March/2020

Onshore: Yes (3 applicants)

Role: Analyst Programmer (261311)

Nomination: Approved on 16/March/2020

Visa Status: Grant (Golden email on 27/July/2020)

Thanks

• Congratulations 7

29 minutes ago, RaviA said:

Hi All, I am a silent reader from and finally our wait over. We have received golden email today 🙂

Hope all of guys will get this golden email soon !!

here are my timelines

Visa: 186 DE (2 + years on 457)

Nomination and Visa applied: 12/March/2020

Onshore: Yes (3 applicants)

Role: Analyst Programmer (261311)

Nomination: Approved on 16/March/2020

Visa Status: Grant (Golden email on 27/July/2020)

Thanks

Congratulations!! Lots of DE from early March processing it seems!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sld999 said:

Congratulations!! Lots of DE from early March processing it seems!

Yea, in earlier this month, there were also a few March applications granted. I hope Januanry applications are not forgotten. 

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

States are not issunig 190's very often these days.  The whole point of the 491 is that they're fed up of people getting a 190 and then going off to live in another state. The 491 is a way of putting you on probation, so you have to stay in the state or lose your visa. If they've offered you a 491 then they're not going to offer you a 190.

It's true the 491 is only temporary, however unlike any other temporary visa, it has a clear pathway to a permanent visa.  

Look at it this way. For the other temporary visas (student and 482), they're letting someone come to Australia to fulfil a temporary role.  The government wants those people to go home at the end, so they make it difficult to transition to PR. For the 491, it's the opposite.  The government really, really wants you to stay at the end of the 491, so provided you can meet the criteria, you're in.  Yes, you're temporary for 4 years but you've got that carrot at the end. 

It's so very difficult to get a visa for Australia right now, I would not be turning my nose up at the offer you've got.

Hi Marisawright,

Thank you.  I am definitely not going to turn the ITA for the 491S.  My preference would be a permanent visa as would so many others, but at least there is a pathway to PR.  The reason I posted was the earlier poster was also a plumber and keen to understand his/her background and circumstances as I know not many tradies are getting a look-in at all on any vissa type.

Thanks once again.

30 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

Good news, got my grant just now. Nomination and visa approved same time... All the way to finalised from Received status.

Hang in there guys your too would come soon.Thanks for all the support.

OMG!!! Con-grads!

Sincerely happy for you.

Everything seems to be worthy now. Open a champing, you deserved it!

• Thanks 1