4 hours ago, Saper said:

Hi,

Does the application (186 TRT) stay in 'Received' status until it is finalised? Are there any other statuses? Is it possible to know if the case officer is allocated to my application?

There are other statuses as well, like Initial assessment, further assessment and I guess one more not sure what was it.(i guess finalised)

There is no way to know if a CO is allocated or not unless there is a request for further document is done or status change.

But hey, how about the good news, So much application goes straight to finalized from received status. So worry not Hang in there will come soon .fingers crossed

1 hour ago, devProgrammer said:

There are other statuses as well, like Initial assessment, further assessment and I guess one more not sure what was it.(i guess finalised)

There is no way to know if a CO is allocated or not unless there is a request for further document is done or status change.

But hey, how about the good news, So much application goes straight to finalized from received status. So worry not Hang in there will come soon .fingers crossed

thank you for the clarification.

20 hours ago, devProgrammer said:

That is a difficult question, I guess you won't be able to do medical again in same hap id(not 100% sure on this), given current situation I guess you can only present for medical once CO requests for it(not sure if this has changed recent days/weeks). 

On other note I wouldn't do medical again until CO requests it again, mainly because the processing has been going slow these days, so there is a chance CO might understand your medical would have  been valid in normal processing times as well they might need not overwhelm medical system again unless there is a genius reason for retest. Another one is the expense for sure...so I would suggest let us wait and see, you can check with your MA as well.

Thanks for your reply. Can I create new HAP-ID and do medical on that and can update this HAP-ID in application?

10 minutes ago, PRWaiting4u said:

Not sure, check ur medical section under visa application, if it says medical examination required you can get a hap id, but if that is not the case not sure if you can an hap id by the way we used to get before covid. Would be a good idea to check with your MA as well, since they are the experts.

• Like 1

Happy to see the invites and grants amid this freakin pandemic.

Just a question, I know everything is negotiable, but how would I ask my employer that I need to go and leave the company after they have sponsored my TRT?

My case is: I have been working for the same company over the last 5years,  I already asked them for 186DE last week, unfortunately, they couldnt do it at the moment as I have been stood down since we havent reopened our venues yet(international airport).  Next plan is just ask them for 186TRT after 1yr. As I still have 1yr to finish my "3yr requirement" for the TRT while on 482TSS.  And hopefully by that time we already have reopened 🤞

I dont want them to think that I used them to get my PR, thats why I wanted to talk to them beforehand and inform them of my plan.

I just would like to get some of your thoughts on how to approach with the conversation with them.

My reason for leaving the company after the PR is I have been on the same area of my field as a chef, and wanted to upgrade(Bistro/Pub to fine dining). I want to leave the company both in good terms.

Im just so stuck with planning for my PR since I am also awaiting for invites for 189 and 190(closed atm. submitted EOI December2019)  😞 then 186DE rejected since we still havent reopened.

This is driving me crazy, i hope we all do the right thing and just follow rules, so we can end this pandemic soon 😔

Thanks for any response.

17 hours ago, chefkento said:

Happy to see the invites and grants amid this freakin pandemic.

Just a question, I know everything is negotiable, but how would I ask my employer that I need to go and leave the company after they have sponsored my TRT?

My case is: I have been working for the same company over the last 5years,  I already asked them for 186DE last week, unfortunately, they couldnt do it at the moment as I have been stood down since we havent reopened our venues yet(international airport).  Next plan is just ask them for 186TRT after 1yr. As I still have 1yr to finish my "3yr requirement" for the TRT while on 482TSS.  And hopefully by that time we already have reopened 🤞

I dont want them to think that I used them to get my PR, thats why I wanted to talk to them beforehand and inform them of my plan.

I just would like to get some of your thoughts on how to approach with the conversation with them.

My reason for leaving the company after the PR is I have been on the same area of my field as a chef, and wanted to upgrade(Bistro/Pub to fine dining). I want to leave the company both in good terms.

Im just so stuck with planning for my PR since I am also awaiting for invites for 189 and 190(closed atm. submitted EOI December2019)  😞 then 186DE rejected since we still havent reopened.

This is driving me crazy, i hope we all do the right thing and just follow rules, so we can end this pandemic soon 😔

Thanks for any response.

That's a really hard one mate. There's not much you can do but just speak to employer directly and  inform him of your plans. Obviously its a big risk as he may then say  well there's nothing in it for them at the end. It basically depends on your current relationship with them and how understanding you think they are. It also depends on who paid for the entire process. I am in quite a similar situation and I had made my intentions clear about quitting once I get PR before applying for the 482. We were in agreement as long as I bear the visa application charges and MA charges (MA recommended by me to the company). I've been with this company for 5yrs as well only difference is we're considered a essential business so haven't' stopped full time work even for a day through this period. I know exactly how you feel about wanting to maintain good relations and leaving on a good note. 

Maybe just be honest with them and tell them what you would like to do and then maybe work out a deal. They may say put in another year after PR and then you can quit.   

Hi, Could you please help with my query?

My 457 visa was expiring last month (July), so my company applied for extension (482 visa) in April. While the application is in progress, just on the day 457 visa was expiring last month, I have applied for 486 TRT visa. So I have two different bridging visas now. I am not sure if both can be active at the same time or the latest one only is effective. As soon as 486 visa was applied, when I checked, the bridging visa status was active (probably because my 457 was expiring on the same day). When 482 visa was applied in April, my bridging visa status was mentioned as it will be active after 457 visa expiry date.

- Which bridging visa is active now, 482 or 186?

- Is it advisable to withdraw 482 visa now?

- Will it not cause confusion to case officer to have multiple visas applied at the same time?

- Even though it is not likely to happen, is it good to keep 482 visa lodged, as there is always chance that 186 may not be successful?

6 minutes ago, Saper said:

Hi, Could you please help with my query?

My 457 visa was expiring last month (July), so my company applied for extension (482 visa) in April. While the application is in progress, just on the day 457 visa was expiring last month, I have applied for 486 TRT visa. So I have two different bridging visas now. I am not sure if both can be active at the same time or the latest one only is effective. As soon as 486 visa was applied, when I checked, the bridging visa status was active (probably because my 457 was expiring on the same day). When 482 visa was applied in April, my bridging visa status was mentioned as it will be active after 457 visa expiry date.

- Which bridging visa is active now, 482 or 186?

- Is it advisable to withdraw 482 visa now?

- Will it not cause confusion to case officer to have multiple visas applied at the same time?

- Even though it is not likely to happen, is it good to keep 482 visa lodged, as there is always chance that 186 may not be successful?

- if you already lodge no need to withdraw.

- it will not effect Immigration decision, (you can lodge many of visa at same time).

- if your 186 refuse you still have 482 as backup

This same advice from My MA before but I decided not to lodge 2 visa at same time. It safe but cost you more.

Hi, Can anyone help me with this (Re: 186 DE)?

My national ID (including DL, Tax ID/PAN card) does not have a surname whilst passport, matriculation certificate, all other Australian documents have a surname. I am waiting to hear back from my MA.

The immi website states

Also provide:

• a national identity card, if you have one
  • proof of change of name

Documents that prove a change of name include:

• a marriage or divorce certificate
  • change of name documents from an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or the relevant overseas authority
  • documents that show other names you have been known by

My question is can I get away with providing passport, my matriculation certificate (with the surname) and a marriage certificate (which also includes surname)?

If not, what are my options as I cannot update names cause I cannot travel to the home country and names can only be changed in person.

7 minutes ago, arzh2 said:

My national ID (including DL, Tax ID/PAN card) does not have a surname whilst passport, matriculation certificate, all other Australian documents have a surname. I am waiting to hear back from my MA.

The immi website states

My question is can I get away with providing passport, my matriculation certificate (with the surname) and a marriage certificate (which also includes surname)?

If not, what are my options as I cannot update names cause I cannot travel to the home country and names can only be changed in person.

Do not have the accurate answer to this, but - my MA told me that they don't really need any other national ID other than the passport. In other words, any other ID is optional.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wait-iti said:

Do not have the accurate answer to this, but - my MA told me that they don't really need any other national ID other than the passport. In other words, any other ID is optional.

Thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to know if anyone has faced the surname problem before. 

Hi, 

Can anyone confirm do we need any registration or license to apply for 186 DE visa as an external auditor. I have got 3 years of work experience and positive skill assessment as an external auditor. Not sure if we need registration, Can someone advise. Thanks

Hi guys, 

The golden email came through today. I wish all of you get the good news soon.

• Visa : 186 DE
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 26 Feb 2020
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: WA
  • No. of applicants : 3
  • Role : Spatial Scientist
  • Nomination Status - Approved 19 May 2020
  • s56 Request for More Information -  20 May 2020
  • Information provided -  05 Jun 2020
  • Visa Status - Further Assessment  05 Jun 2020
  • Granted - 05 Aug 2020
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

5 hours ago, arzh2 said:

The immi website states

Not sure if the secondary national id is mandatory or not, but you can do below just in case:

1. There would be a section in application which asks the applicant known by any other name, you can fill in there. It is not mandatory to give name change certificate, but you would have to do below.

2. Make a statutory declaration saying both names belong to same person and get it certified by JP along with supporting documents.

The above are suggestions, follow what MA says coz they are the experts.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have a medicare related question.

While you are waiting for the visa approval,and if you have a valid visa( example a post grad work visa, so your bridging is not activated) are you entitled to Medicare between the time you applied for the 186 and visa grant date?

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Farim said:

Hi Guys,

I have a medicare related question.

While you are waiting for the visa approval,and if you have a valid visa( example a post grad work visa, so your bridging is not activated) are you entitled to Medicare between the time you applied for the 186 and visa grant date?

Thanks in advance.

Yes @Farim you are entitled for medicare irrespective of your bridging is activated or not.

• Like 1