You are entitled to apply Medicare.

I have got my medicare covered since 1st day i applied 186. and my private insurance has agreed to refund the gap back go me(i decided cancel Private insurance).

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-and-get-started-medicare/enrolling-medicare/how-enrol-medicare-if-youre-australian-permanent-resident

bests,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AmberD. said:

You are entitled to apply Medicare.

I have got my medicare covered since 1st day i applied 186. and my private insurance has agreed to refund the gap back go me(i decided cancel Private insurance).

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-and-get-started-medicare/enrolling-medicare/how-enrol-medicare-if-youre-australian-permanent-resident

bests,

I feel so stupid right now, have paid for a private insurance that does not cover a thing for extra 6 months.hoping to get refund of them as I am under 30 .

Hi there,

I got my 186 visa granted today. It's been a bit rough to get there. The point-based system for 189 went to crazy arm race soon after I got my 65 points. And then my first attempt on 186 nomination was rejected due to tech startup financial roller-coaster. Meanwhile,  the country I came from has been trying to screw up the world by all the ways it can.

I hope you all will get your positive response shortly! Wish you all safe and sound through this crazy time.

@restaurant.manager As a silent reader, I saw a lot of your depressed comments. I felt the same, most of the time. I just want to give you a virtual hug and pray for you.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

55 minutes ago, Nora93 said:

Hi guys,

my 457 have expired, so currently I’m on bridging visa for 186.

do I have to keep paying the private insurance?

i already have medicare

thank you

You didn’t have to pay even when Your 457 wasn’t expired after you got Medicare. 

1 hour ago, Yadav M said:

2 hours ago, Nora93 said:

Hi guys,

my 457 have expired, so currently I’m on bridging visa for 186.

do I have to keep paying the private insurance?

i already have medicare

thank you

I guess it would be better to keep the insurance so not to breach visa conditions, ideally during bridging all the visa condition of previous visa is still applicable. I am not aware of any exception not to have insurance when medicare is there during bridging.

Edited by devProgrammer

5 hours ago, theramenpro said:

Hi there,

I got my 186 visa granted today. It's been a bit rough to get there. The point-based system for 189 went to crazy arm race soon after I got my 65 points. And then my first attempt on 186 nomination was rejected due to tech startup financial roller-coaster. Meanwhile,  the country I came from has been trying to screw up the world by all the ways it can.

I hope you all will get your positive response shortly! Wish you all safe and sound through this crazy time.

@restaurant.manager As a silent reader, I saw a lot of your depressed comments. I felt the same, most of the time. I just want to give you a virtual hug and pray for you.

Thank you bro and God bless you.

I'm very happy for you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, devProgrammer said:

I guess it would be better to keep the insurance so not to breach visa conditions, ideally during bridging all the visa condition of previous visa is still applicable. I am not aware of any exception not to have insurance when medicare is there during bridging.

Hello, my MA just told me that once you have bridging visa active, you don’t need private insurance and you can have only medicare.

22 hours ago, theramenpro said:

Hi there,

Hi Mate,

I was a silent reader in this forum from last 1 week. I have applied for 186 DE nomination on Developer programmer in last week. My company is start up (which was started in 2016) and there revenue nearly USD 230k per annum and also they have investors which are investing around USD 300k per annum. I have a question that the amout and turnover would be enough to approve my nomination? What was ur start up company turnover ? In which year i been applied from them? What are ur thoughts on my case. I appreciate if anyone share their experience on this situation.

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Devl Prog 186 DE said:

Hi Mate,

I was a silent reader in this forum from last 1 week. I have applied for 186 DE nomination on Developer programmer in last week. My company is start up (which was started in 2016) and there revenue nearly USD 230k per annum and also they have investors which are investing around USD 300k per annum. I have a question that the amout and turnover would be enough to approve my nomination? What was ur start up company turnover ? In which year i been applied from them? What are ur thoughts on my case. I appreciate if anyone share their experience on this situation.

Thanks.

I think it's up to multiple factors, not just yearly turnover and investments.

In my case, the first company got nomination rejected due to "can't afford me in the next 2 years" had about 10m turnover and signed up for 30m as series B. But the gross profit and bank deposit didn't look beautiful. But that company survived the financial turbulence and I think my position would be pretty safe even in COVID-19. My current company had about 10m turnover, but never takes any investment since seed funding because the profitability is quite healthy. I applied right after probation ended.

I think there is no straight answer here. I'm not even convinced for the first rejection and so we put a case in AAT. Since you have lodged nomination, let's hope for the best.

2 hours ago, theramenpro said:

I think it's up to multiple factors, not just yearly turnover and investments.

In my case, the first company got nomination rejected due to "can't afford me in the next 2 years" had about 10m turnover and signed up for 30m as series B. But the gross profit and bank deposit didn't look beautiful. But that company survived the financial turbulence and I think my position would be pretty safe even in COVID-19. My current company had about 10m turnover, but never takes any investment since seed funding because the profitability is quite healthy. I applied right after probation ended.

I think there is no straight answer here. I'm not even convinced for the first rejection and so we put a case in AAT. Since you have lodged nomination, let's hope for the best.

Thanks mate. For the first nomination, have u applied through MA or company?

And which year u have been applied for first nomination ?

For others on this forum, Appreciated if anyone shares their experiences on my situation.

On 07/08/2020 at 17:32, Devl Prog 186 DE said:

Thanks mate. For the first nomination, have u applied through MA or company?

And which year u have been applied for first nomination ?

For others on this forum, Appreciated if anyone shares their experiences on my situation.

I applied through MA. And I applied on the 3rd year after joining the company.