Hi guys, I have been a silent reader since last month. I am wondering how many of you are currently offshore, and have any offshore nominations and visa applications been approved since the outbreak of the COVID-19? I have heard from both the HR and other sources that offshore applications have been processed pretty slowly (if have been processed at all). I will really appreciate other offshore applicants sharing their experience!!!

• Like 1

Hi guys i have a question regarding the work experience eligibility. Do the 3 years work experience have to be full time and after you graduate your course? I have only 2 years full time work after graduating and another 2 years part-time work while i was studying. It does not say clearly on DHA website and i'm really stressed out about this. Can anyone let me know please? Thank you

8 minutes ago, Datnguyen said:

Hi guys i have a question regarding the work experience eligibility. Do the 3 years work experience have to be full time and after you graduate your course? I have only 2 years full time work after graduating and another 2 years part-time work while i was studying. It does not say clearly on DHA website and i'm really stressed out about this. Can anyone let me know please? Thank you

Hi Datnguyen,

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skills-assessment in Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) section you can read:

You must also have been employed in the occupation full-time for at least 3 years, at the level of skill required for the occupation. A skills assessment obtained for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) visa is not a valid skills assessment for the subclass 186 visa.

2 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Hi Datnguyen,

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skills-assessment in Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) section you can read:

You must also have been employed in the occupation full-time for at least 3 years, at the level of skill required for the occupation. A skills assessment obtained for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) visa is not a valid skills assessment for the subclass 186 visa.

Hi Adam! Thanks a lot for your help. I'm just wondering that if my 2 years part-time could be counted forward on a pro-rata basis like how i got my skill assessment? U know what i mean? I just passed my skill assessment with TRA which required 3 years full time equivalent, they added my 2 years part-time as an additional 1 year full-time, just don't know if it works the same way when i apply for the visa with DHA 😞

4 minutes ago, Datnguyen said:

Hi Adam! Thanks a lot for your help. I'm just wondering that if my 2 years part-time could be counted forward on a pro-rata basis like how i got my skill assessment? U know what i mean? I just passed my skill assessment with TRA which required 3 years full time equivalent, they added my 2 years part-time as an additional 1 year full-time, just don't know if it works the same way when i apply for the visa with DHA 😞

Datnguyen,

I think that the problem is a bit different, they start counting your work experience from the point when you acquired skills assessment . So if you just passed you need an extra 3 years full time work experience ;/ But it is better to get profesional opinion about that, however this is how they calculated my experience.

Just now, Adam B said:

Datnguyen,

I think that the problem is a bit different, they start counting your work experience from the point when you acquired skills assessment . So if you just passed you need an extra 3 years full time work experience ;/ But it is better to get profesional opinion about that, however this is how they calculated my experience.

Damn so its going to take a while for me lol, but thanks for your help Adam! All the best

On 15/08/2020 at 02:41, Nneeri said:

Hi,

I don't see any option while booking medicals about this question "if I am intended to apply for PR in the next 12 months"?

I am booking through with BUPA Medicals, Can you please let me know where exactly you selected this option to include HIV and other exta tests for PR

Hi, Sorry for the late response. But I don't recall where exactly. It may be when doing Health Declaration in the Immi account. If you choose this option there, it will automatically suggest additional tests. Based on the HAP ID, BUPA will add those tests.

31 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Lucky you 🙂

The application has gone through the initial checks. Please check correspondence for any additional information you may need to provide.

Sorry bro What is that mean. How I am lucky. I don't have much knowledge about these stages. Can you explain please

1 minute ago, Kewalch said:

Sorry bro What is that mean. How I am lucky. I don't have much knowledge about these stages. Can you explain please

It means that your case has been assigned to case officer( which in general is good as someone works on your case), and you should ask your agent if they got e-mails from IMMI, or you can check it in messages under immi portal.

Hi

I've been a silent reader to this forum. I wanted to let you know that we got our visa granted today.

Visa: 186 DE 
    Nomination and Visa Applied: 28  Feb 2020
    Onshore: Yes     
    Health exam: 05/03/2020                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    State: VIC
    No. of applicants: 4
    Profession: Metal Machinist (First Class)
    s56 Request FInancial documents and position availability: 27 July 2020 / submitted : 10 august 2020
    Nomination Status: approved 19 august 2020
    Visa Status: granted 20 august 2020

It has been a long and tough process but our golden email has finally arrived.

Hope everyone can have their visa approved soon. All the best to all of you !!!

•  
  • Congratulations 9

3 minutes ago, Adam B said:

It means that your case has been assigned to case officer( which in general is good as someone works on your case), and you should ask your agent if they got e-mails from IMMI, or you can check it in messages under immi portal.

Thanks for the reply, but I have been waiting for invoice since march 2020. And my MA could not get invoice for second payment. I think my status is same from  5 months.

40 minutes ago, Carolina E said:

Hi

I've been a silent reader to this forum. I wanted to let you know that we got our visa granted today.

Visa: 186 DE 
    Nomination and Visa Applied: 28  Feb 2020
    Onshore: Yes     
    Health exam: 05/03/2020                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    State: VIC
    No. of applicants: 4
    Profession: Metal Machinist (First Class)
    s56 Request FInancial documents and position availability: 27 July 2020 / submitted : 10 august 2020
    Nomination Status: approved 19 august 2020
    Visa Status: granted 20 august 2020

It has been a long and tough process but our golden email has finally arrived.

Hope everyone can have their visa approved soon. All the best to all of you !!!

•  

Hi Carolina,

Congratulations....

What are the financial documents asked? And what is ur company turnover? It will helpful gor me proceed for my visa. Currently i have submitted nomination. My company turnover is around 300-400k

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Devl Prog 186 DE said:

Hi Carolina,

Congratulations....

What are the financial documents asked? And what is ur company turnover? It will helpful gor me proceed for my visa. Currently i have submitted nomination. My company turnover is around 300-400k

Thanks

Hi, Thanks!

I don't know what is the turn over of the company. Sorry about that.

However, I can tell you that they asked for a Tax return 2019 and Quarter financial information for 2020. 

Regards,

6 hours ago, Patricius said:

Hi guys, I have been a silent reader since last month. I am wondering how many of you are currently offshore, and have any offshore nominations and visa applications been approved since the outbreak of the COVID-19? I have heard from both the HR and other sources that offshore applications have been processed pretty slowly (if have been processed at all). I will really appreciate other offshore applicants sharing their experience!!!

Hey Patricius,

I am also in a similar situation. I am planning to go to ACT as a university lecturer. My nomination and visa have been applied on June 22 and July 20, respectively. However, the status is received. I am not sure whether they are processing the offshore applicants or not.

6 hours ago, Patricius said:

Hi guys, I have been a silent reader as well. Here is my status 

186 DE

Position: University Lecturer

Onshore: No

State: ACT

Number of applicant: 4 (all offshore)

Nomination applied: before 15 April 2020

Visa applied: 15 April 2020

Health check completed: 5 March 2020

Patricius, I am in a similar situation, although my visa was applied earlier. I was told by the agent that the Department is processing offshore 186 visa applications but quite slowly. You might check up the statistics for March-June 2020 the Department provides on the official website. The statistics, however, does not sound optimistic for us, university lecturers, because zero 186 visas were granted to offshore university lecturers during the period April-June 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgbspender said:

Hi guys, I have been a silent reader as well. Here is my status 

186 DE

Position: University Lecturer

Onshore: No

State: ACT

Number of applicant: 4 (all offshore)

Nomination applied: before 15 April 2020

Visa applied: 15 April 2020

Health check completed: 5 March 2020

Patricius, I am in a similar situation, although my visa was applied earlier. I was told by the agent that the Department is processing offshore 186 visa applications but quite slowly. You might check up the statistics for March-June 2020 the Department provides on the official website. The statistics, however, does not sound optimistic for us, university lecturers, because zero 186 visas were granted to offshore university lecturers during the period April-June 2020.

Kgbspender,

how can I find the statistics on immigration website ?

i tried but can’t find any information regards Visa grant statistics?

16 hours ago, Patricius said:

10 hours ago, A.N. said:

Hey Patricius,

I am also in a similar situation. I am planning to go to ACT as a university lecturer. My nomination and visa have been applied on June 22 and July 20, respectively. However, the status is received. I am not sure whether they are processing the offshore applicants or not.

A very long waiting time passing as offshore applicant... Jun 2019 to Aug 2020... don't know the waiting to end with grant? or Refused? However, What I know that exceptional critical cat professions are getting grants but other cat professions are kept on hold until border opens formally. My MA also mentioned the same, but do you have any update?

Edited by M A Z

2 hours ago, Kewalch said:

Hi Guys

Did you hear any news regarding new rules coming up in October 2020. Any idea? People who already applied 186.  Last time when I applied 457, my file was in process and I had to follow new rules.

Hi mate, which rules? Can you tell more?

3 hours ago, Kewalch said:

Hi Guys

Did you hear any news regarding new rules coming up in October 2020. Any idea? People who already applied 186.  Last time when I applied 457, my file was in process and I had to follow new rules.

The rule is apply on time you apply, if you already applied then you follow old rule. Its grandfathering law.

23 minutes ago, Lgorhollism said:

The rule is apply on time you apply, if you already applied then you follow old rule. Its grandfathering law.

As I said before When I applied 457, government used to give 4 years visa and  my file was already in progress, still new rules applied on me. I got 2 years visa. After that I never believe that if your file is already being processed,  old rules are applicable. I might be wrong  for future but that was my experience. 

• Like 1