20 hours ago, JenniferSiders said:

Yes, the new employer can sponsor directly 186 DE. I was in more or less similar situation but on a different skill set.

Agree, but you will not be able to work with the new employer until:

- the 186 DE is granted

OR

- you transfer your 482 to the new employer first (i.e. when the new nomination is approved)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laura Zorzi said:

Agree, but you will not be able to work with the new employer until:

- the 186 DE is granted

OR

- you transfer your 482 to the new employer first (i.e. when the new nomination is approved)

Laura,

If he/she apply for 186DE should automatically get Bridging Visa A(in case of the onshore application) with the same rights which has his/her current visa ( 482 - full work rights), however is inactive at the beginning.

So if he/she change employee  in theory his/her 482 visa won't be valid anymore, but he/she still should be able to work on bridging visa with the new employee ? 

Edited by Adam B

38 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Laura,

If he/she apply for 186DE should automatically get Bridging Visa A(in case of the onshore application) with the same rights which has his/her current visa ( 482 - full work rights), however is inactive at the beginning.

So if he/she change employee  in theory his/her 482 visa won't be valid anymore, but he/she still should be able to work on bridging visa with the new employee ? 

The bridging visa will come into effect only at the expiry of the 482. It will carry the same conditions anyway (8607 included - see below)

If he changes employer, he needs to transfer his 482 (new nomination) as his 482 will continue to have condition 8607 (work only in the nominated occupation and for the nominating business). Not transferring the visa but working for a new employer will be a breach of the visa condition which can possibly lead to cancellation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Laura Zorzi said:

The bridging visa will come into effect only at the expiry of the 482. It will carry the same conditions anyway (8607 included - see below)

If he changes employer, he needs to transfer his 482 (new nomination) as his 482 will continue to have condition 8607 (work only in the nominated occupation and for the nominating business). Not transferring the visa but working for a new employer will be a breach of the visa condition which can possibly lead to cancellation.

I don't think it will carry the same conditions, from portal "Bridging visa conditions No conditions", however I agree that there is information about activation date "Active after Temporary Skill Shortage ends on XXXX-XX-XX", so in theory if you are close to the expiration date of your 482 visa your bridging visa should be activated even if it has been lodged by another employee ? This is just a theory 😉 

Anyone with ideas how long it takes after submitting the second s56 response?

• 3 July: s56 requesting more AFP certificates with alternate name spellings (due to international characters in middle name)
  • 11 August: s56 requesting more AFP certificates for my daughter with different first- and lastname combinations (ie. LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME and alternate ones with MIDDLE NAME LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME)

I submitted the requested AFP's today - a total of 6 for my daughter, 4 each for the rest of us - so no less than 26!! AFP certificates. AFP actually cancelled one of the certificates as they felt my daughter kept applying in error, which caused some unnecessary delay 😂

Edited by Michael P

Hi Guys I have been silent reader for 4 months there are a lot of helpful but also a lot of scary and Misinterpretation of information on the forum. ( especially for work experience and skill assessment. for a moment i thought i lodge my application without being eligible for it reading all those posts).

However, I just wanted to share my good news with all and wish you all the best waiting for the golden email.

I would say the key is lodging a Complete Application both for Nomination and visa  ( with all required even some extra documents ) so they have no reason to  delay the grant or say no.

Full company Financials for last ended Financial year and All up to date Bas Lodgements  up to the moment of application. for the nomination.

All income tax NOA, tax returns, Payments summaries, payslips, and employment reference from all relevant employees, for the visa applicaiton. 

• Nominated Occupation: Accountant
  • Stream: 186 DE (onshore with 457 1.5 years in the moment of lodgement) 
  • Applicants: 3 then 4
  • State: NSW
  • Nomination Lodged: 13 March 2020
  • Primary Application Lodged: 13 Mar 2020
  • Medical Examination: 28 Mrch 2020
  • Nomination Approved: 29 Jul 2020
  • Application Request: 29 Jul 2020 (Had a newborn beginning of July and they asked for letter from GP and Passport for the newborn)
  • Provide documents on 06/08/2020
  • Visa Granted: 27 Aug 2020

European country.

• Congratulations 3

Hello guys, 

I need opinion from you guys. I applyed application after nomination was granted as I had some problem. The thing I wonder is I applyed visa on February and my wife's english score was expired 8 Agust 2020. Do you guys think we need to exam again or immigration would pass this? Any case around you guys? By the way my occupation is cook I am waiting 11 month total with nomination processing. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Jaecook said:

Hello guys, 

I need opinion from you guys. I applyed application after nomination was granted as I had some problem. The thing I wonder is I applyed visa on February and my wife's english score was expired 8 Agust 2020. Do you guys think we need to exam again or immigration would pass this? Any case around you guys? By the way my occupation is cook I am waiting 11 month total with nomination processing. Thanks.

Scores count on date of application. If they are valid when applying for visa then not a problem. You will be right.

Cheers

2 hours ago, ki@cu said:

Hi Guys I have been silent reader for 4 months there are a lot of helpful but also a lot of scary and Misinterpretation of information on the forum. ( especially for work experience and skill assessment. for a moment i thought i lodge my application without being eligible for it reading all those posts).

However, I just wanted to share my good news with all and wish you all the best waiting for the golden email.

I would say the key is lodging a Complete Application both for Nomination and visa  ( with all required even some extra documents ) so they have no reason to  delay the grant or say no.

Full company Financials for last ended Financial year and All up to date Bas Lodgements  up to the moment of application. for the nomination.

All income tax NOA, tax returns, Payments summaries, payslips, and employment reference from all relevant employees, for the visa applicaiton. 

• Nominated Occupation: Accountant
  • Stream: 186 DE (onshore with 457 1.5 years in the moment of lodgement) 
  • Applicants: 3 then 4
  • State: NSW
  • Nomination Lodged: 13 March 2020
  • Primary Application Lodged: 13 Mar 2020
  • Medical Examination: 28 Mrch 2020
  • Nomination Approved: 29 Jul 2020
  • Application Request: 29 Jul 2020 (Had a newborn beginning of July and they asked for letter from GP and Passport for the newborn)
  • Provide documents on 06/08/2020
  • Visa Granted: 27 Aug 2020

European country.

Bro congrats. I applied visa and nomination together with complete docs in feb. I got my nomination approved in 2 days onlyBUT Still visa is not processed yet. It’s just about luck, when your application is picked. I m not able to understand how they are working. It’s seem like they are doing only lucky draw. 

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure whether you already know about this or not. Anyhow, the link below provides some information on the number of nominations/visa applications lodged/granted during March-July. I thought you might find it useful. (It seems the number of visas granted has increased in July. Hopefully, this is going to continue.)

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200700041-document-released.pdf

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, A.N. said:

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure whether you already know about this or not. Anyhow, the link below provides some information on the number of nominations/visa applications lodged/granted during March-July. I thought you might find it useful. (It seems the number of visas granted has increased in July. Hopefully, this is going to continue.)

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200700041-document-released.pdf

Hello mate, I could not find the February month on that data. Please help.

thanks

10 hours ago, LBLBLB said:

some positive news for people with occupation on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/employer-subsite/Pages/pmsol.aspx

Maybe someone know answer how it will works for already lodged nominations, however not accepted yet?

The purpose of LIN 20/156 is to amend LIN 18/036 to include an additional requirement for the manner in which labour market testing is required to be undertaken. Specifically, LIN 20/156 requires for nominated positions to be advertised on the Government’s Jobactive website. This measure would be in addition to advertising in at least two advertisements in one or more of the mediums already outlined in subsection 8(3) of LIN 18/036.

https://migrationalliance.com.au/images/easyblog_images/5725/LIN20156-Explanatory-Statement.pdf

6 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Maybe someone know answer how it will works for already lodged nominations, however not accepted yet?

The purpose of LIN 20/156 is to amend LIN 18/036 to include an additional requirement for the manner in which labour market testing is required to be undertaken. Specifically, LIN 20/156 requires for nominated positions to be advertised on the Government’s Jobactive website. This measure would be in addition to advertising in at least two advertisements in one or more of the mediums already outlined in subsection 8(3) of LIN 18/036.

https://migrationalliance.com.au/images/easyblog_images/5725/LIN20156-Explanatory-Statement.pdf

Ok, I found an answer:

The legislative instrument will apply to nominations made after 28 days from the commencement of the instrument. The commencement of the instrument is the 3 September 2020.

Therefore the new requirement will apply to all nominations made on or after the 30 September 2020.

1 hour ago, Adam B said:

Ok, I found an answer:

The legislative instrument will apply to nominations made after 28 days from the commencement of the instrument. The commencement of the instrument is the 3 September 2020.

Therefore the new requirement will apply to all nominations made on or after the 30 September 2020.

I agree and also found some more information on below link

https://ministers.dese.gov.au/cash/supporting-australian-business-fill-critical-skills-needs

Specifically below line for all the occupations,

Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and visas will still be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.

On 31/08/2020 at 22:28, Adam B said:

I don't think it will carry the same conditions, from portal "Bridging visa conditions No conditions", however I agree that there is information about activation date "Active after Temporary Skill Shortage ends on XXXX-XX-XX", so in theory if you are close to the expiration date of your 482 visa your bridging visa should be activated even if it has been lodged by another employee ? This is just a theory 😉 

My biggest apologies (above all to you Adam), you are right about the conditions on the bridging visa.

I am so inundated with 186s TRT – where remaining with the sponsor is a must – that I missed the point and focused on changing employer/sponsor! I had a very similar case some years ago, where the 457 visa holder was getting nominated for a 186 DE by another entity (although he never accessed his BVA as the 186 was granted before the 457 expired).

The 186 DE is a permanent visa so NIL conditions on the BVA. Given the current scenario, the 186 DE nomination must have a strong case though. So need to be very careful.

I hope you can forgive my (human) oversight and still appreciate my contribution to this forum 🙂