6 minutes ago, LaurenUK said:

Been scrolling this looking for someone similar to us. We are in NSW and just about to lodge our 186. My partner is a carpenter, I’m defacto and we have also have two babies (born in Australia) but we are all British citizens.

hope your visa gets approved soon! 

Thank you! Haven't found many people in our situation (carpenter etc) surprisingly! Good luck too!

16 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Sorry to interrupt you, but please do not spread negativity here.

Our restaurant is operating well since covid, not even close for a single day. Our dine in sales declined by 10% maximum but our take away and delivery sales massive increased since Covid issue. My boss and her partners have 5 restaurants in this region and have same facts & figures no restaurant close the operations.

AND as far as i know, same situation is in whole Sydney region no restaurant has been fully closed. Even dine in sales declined but they're still operating. And almost all staff members same working as before with COVID-19 precautions.

Exactly same at my restaurant. We have actually the most busy winter since last few years...

19 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Sorry to interrupt you, but please do not spread negativity here.

Our restaurant is operating well since covid, not even close for a single day. Our dine in sales declined by 10% maximum but our take away and delivery sales massive increased since Covid issue. My boss and her partners have 5 restaurants in this region and have same facts & figures no restaurant close the operations.

I'm very happy for you, but that is not what the government is hearing and it is not what the public is being told.  You have to remember that our Prime Minister is very sensitive to public opinion.  

https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/news/restaurant-news/coronavirus-hospitality-industry-australia-save-18462

• Like 3

I have a question regarding the language test. My partner and I both did TOEFEl TEST at the beginning of July, right before we lodge our visa application. At the time, due to the pandemic we did the home edition of the test. However, today when logging in to immiaccount I a saw the following comment among other comments which appear before logging in:

Some Visa applications ask that you provide evidence of English proficiency in the form of an English test result. Please do not use test you can take at home, such as TOEFEL iBT- Special Home Edition, and IELTS indicator. 

In July, when I did the exam I did not see such information on their website. Do you have any suggestion? Shall we just go ahead and take the exam again or wait until they react? Is there  a way that I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for you help.

On 11/09/2020 at 11:06, Marisawright said:

I'm very happy for you, but that is not what the government is hearing and it is not what the public is being told.  You have to remember that our Prime Minister is very sensitive to public opinion.  

https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/news/restaurant-news/coronavirus-hospitality-industry-australia-save-18462

Thank you for your reply, but this article been written on 24th March, al most 6 months ago.

While there are situations changing every day.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, A.N. said:

I have a question regarding the language test. My partner and I both did TOEFEl TEST at the beginning of July, right before we lodge our visa application. At the time, due to the pandemic we did the home edition of the test. However, today when logging in to immiaccount I a saw the following comment among other comments which appear before logging in:

Some Visa applications ask that you provide evidence of English proficiency in the form of an English test result. Please do not use test you can take at home, such as TOEFEL iBT- Special Home Edition, and IELTS indicator. 

In July, when I did the exam I did not see such information on their website. Do you have any suggestion? Shall we just go ahead and take the exam again or wait until they react? Is there  a way that I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for you help.

To be honest, I think you should do exam again and the sooner the better for you. Immi never accepted home tests, and now they clearly mentioned that do not accept it and I think it doesn't matter if that was on the login page earlier or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam B said:

Immi never accepted home tests, and now they clearly mentioned that do not accept it and I think it doesn't matter if that was on the login page earlier or not. 

Were there any home versions of English language tests before the pandemic?

According to @paulhand in the topic Home Edition TOEFL here on Pomsinoz, in May there was no decision on this matter. But according to @mariaandmike, it looks like the decision was there in June.

P.S. My spouse took the TOEFL iBT Home Edition in the first wave, in the beginning of April, that’s why we are also thinking whether the second test should be taken.