12 hours ago, JenniferSiders said:

My 186 nomination with the previous employer was rejected in 2017 as they didn't submit some required documentation and there was no visa application submitted from my end, as i wasn't sure if they would really sponsor me. Hence i said to them to let me know once the nomination is approved so that I can launch 186 visa application with the TRN. During this period i was on 457 visa working for them. 

Coming to present- I am working for a new company from the last two years on 482 visa and they are sponsoring my 186 DE. Will the previous employer's nomination refusal has any impact on the current 186 nomination application and subsequent 186 visa application? 

No, it won't effect.

Please update your timeline in signatures.

16 minutes ago, hiral said:

Totally Agree with you.

we paid lot of tax and now when we are inches away from PR, they Hold our files and dont know when they gonna open? and another fear what will be there new requirement??

most of the businesses on lose and they will take time to recover at least a year.....

and when Immigration ask for updated BAS and L&P statement of course its gonna be negative and thats afraid most....

most of the applications again will be refuse on that basis and again people like us gonna feel pain...

My nomination approved in March 2020, but no correspond from immigration after that....

Hi @hiral

please update your timeline and occupation in your signatures.

Hello everyone,

I keep reading all your post here and they seem very negative for hospitality positions. Immi keep approving positions, which are convenient for them at this stage. But eventually they have to get back to us, right? 
It’s very difficult to stay positive, but thanks to all of you I keep my mind open and not stressed! I really appreciate all your support and updates. 

Thank you guys!

Edited by Nora93

My nomination has been approved at Restaurant manager too in mid January still waiting for Visa part.

When only the visa part remained,Can the CO go back to our employer and re-request financial documents ? 
Or can we assume that we are kind of “Safe” because it’s already been approved?

if anyone got an answer for that or info from their MA please share 

16 minutes ago, Emix said:

My nomination has been approved at Restaurant manager too in mid January still waiting for Visa part.

When only the visa part remained,Can the CO go back to our employer and re-request financial documents ? 

My MA said that nothing what is happening around shouldn’t have any affect on my case. Just the process has slowed down. 

hopefully...

5 minutes ago, Emix said:

Hi Emix.

same answer i am looking for??

everyone has different different opinion.

Hi All

immigration contacted me this morning to advise they are trying to contact my nominating employer; they have had no response from my employer. I think the person who lodged my nomination no longer works for the company and immigration are probably contacting his email address. 

Any advice? 

3 hours ago, Emix said:

A visa can be refused at any stage before the final grant

10 minutes ago, l4ur3n said:

Hi All

immigration contacted me this morning to advise they are trying to contact my nominating employer; they have had no response from my employer. I think the person who lodged my nomination no longer works for the company and immigration are probably contacting his email address. 

Any advice? 

Contact the employer yourself, find out the correct person to speak to and let Immigration know

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

A visa can be refused at any stage before the final grant

That’s right no doubt with that.

But in our case only on Character or Health reasons,Language requirement etc.They give decisions based legislation.

Hello,

My University's MARA will be submitting nomination and visa application for me soon (186 DE, Onshore, University Lecturer). However, I am concerned about the "2 years requirement" on contract by DHA.

Currently, I still have 2 years and 4 months left on my contract. Does it mean that I have only 4 months of "breathing room"? If reviewing time is beyond 4 months, is there any chance that my application will be refused?  

In other words, is the "2 year requirement" counted from lodgement or approval date? 

Edited by sonhcnet

3 hours ago, Emix said:

That’s right no doubt with that.

But in our case only on Character or Health reasons,Language requirement etc.They give decisions based legislation.

Take it easy mate, eventually you will get your PR, just the endless waiting time is killing people.

The government treats people with temporary visas as a toilet, they need tax payer they ask more people come to Australia like they need a toilet are anxious to pee.

After they finished the pee they said to everyone toilet is dirty and people with temporary visas took the jobs from local.

Maybe some media can help the people like us, hope so....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Micgeo said:

It’s a long time what’s your immigration agent saying?

I didn’t applied both at the same time 

July 2019 for Nomination 

End of January for Visa so it’s been like 6 months.

1 hour ago, Prplease said:

Is there anyone who already lodged the nomination and visa both, but due to COVID-19, has been stood down by employer?

In such case, will the application be rejected by Government?

one of my friend is facing such an issue, so asking here.

I guess there is a big chance immigration would be asking if the applicant is still working and to provide proof for the same. 

2 hours ago, Prhope said:

I guess there is a big chance immigration would be asking if the applicant is still working and to provide proof for the same. 

Thanks for the response, do you mean if Employee been stood down the government will get to know? Or the government will not know.

5 hours ago, Prplease said:

Is there anyone who already lodged the nomination and visa both, but due to COVID-19, has been stood down by employer?

In such case, will the application be rejected by Government?

one of my friend is facing such issue, so asking here.

If the employee is stood down and not laid off 

There’s nothing to worry about it

EEB4946E-F65F-4FED-BF1A-262FB4277D46.jpeg

Edited by Micgeo

I have been a silent ready and got my 186 DE grant today

Nomination: 9th June 202

Nomination approval: 29 June 2020

Visa lodged: 23 June 2020

S56 request for medical : 24th june 2020

Responed 1 july 2020

Granted: today

onshore.