£900 for Medical Assessment

spangley

I was quoted £900 yesterday to have myself, my wife and my 2 yr old daughter medically assessed for our 189 Visa.

Does anyone know how much you'd typically pay in the UK or Germany, and would the Immi office accept an assessment outside your country of residence? We are in Switzerland.

With thanks.

I am not sure if the rules permit it, but I don't think it would be worth it. Our medicals were nearly £250 per person in the UK and that was 6 years ago. So I doubt you would save much. Add in it may complicate your visa, I would just pay up. In the grand scheme of the cost of emigrating it's fairly small

Sounds about on a level with UK. My medical was £300 plus less than a year ago. Children were about £200. Doubt you will save anything really.

You can do it anywhere. In December, we got invited for a visa and we had already planned a trip to Bulgaria for the holidays. So, we did our medicals there. $350 Canadian dollars for 3 adults all together and the results are uploaded the next day, if everything is normal. We made an appointment over the phone before we left Canada. If you are in Switzerland, it might be worth the trip as it is close and there are low cost carriers everywhere in Europe or even driving is an option.

I paid £316 each yesterday at Spire health in Edinburgh, straight forward medicals just Chest x ray and Blood.

Was that adults each, or including children as well? We're expecting to pay around £1k for our family of 4 which is 2 adults and 2 children under 12.

I was quoted £900 yesterday to have myself, my wife and my 2 yr old daughter medically assessed for our 189 Visa.

Does anyone know how much you'd typically pay in the UK or Germany, and would the Immi office accept an assessment outside your country of residence? We are in Switzerland.

With thanks.

That's a lot! I paid only 200euros per adult in Germany (Frankfurt) 7-8 months ago...

I'm wondering if maybe some of the differences in price are because some of you were doing medicals for the purposes of a temporary visa? Much less involved in those medical exams. Medicals for permanent visas are more involved and therefore more costly.

is it worth paying for a full medical even if its a temporary visa?? I have applied for Subclass 300 (PMV) AND NEED TO BOOK A MEDICA FOR BOTH MYSELF AND MY SON (17 YRS) , my closest approved clinic for this is only 10 miles away? the web site says £225 , plus I have 1 tattoo so will I need extra bloods taken ?

thanks in advance for any feed back :)

The PMV is not technically a temporary visa - it is a provisional visa. You HAVE to have the full medical for the PMV. I can't help with the tattoo/extra bloods. I know you already have to have a blood test anyway for the full medical.

thanks for the reply, its good to know that i would still need a full medical. i would rather have peice of mind knowing its a complete medical and (hopefully) pass with no issues.

im not concerened iof i do need extras done, and tbh the only reason i asked was because in a previous post , a forum member had said they needed extra bloods..

ill ring the bridge clinic this week and book my medicals and ask then if i need extra. :)

Archived