457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I already have my 457 visa but I am still not in Australia yet. I became pregnant and had to wait until the birth of my baby. Now we are getting ready to go and plan to leave on Aug 12th. We submitted the visa for the baby on the 7th of July. Here is her timeline. My question is this, Because we submitted the visa already would we be able to get a bridging visa or something to bring her over on while we wait for her visa? Any information is helpful! Thanks!

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 10/07/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]View your receipt details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 1[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 22/07/2013[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Further medical results received

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hello, I already have my 457 visa but I am still not in Australia yet. I became pregnant and had to wait until the birth of my baby. Now we are getting ready to go and plan to leave on Aug 12th. We submitted the visa for the baby on the 7th of July. Here is her timeline. My question is this, Because we submitted the visa already would we be able to get a bridging visa or something to bring her over on while we wait for her visa? Any information is helpful! Thanks!

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]View your receipt details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Further medical results received[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi congratulations on you're latest addition! I'm not sure on a bridging visa but a tourist visa may be an option with her only being a baby they should know she definatly won't be working! Depending on where your visa is being processed there is a number you can ring to check general enquires I would give that a shot and see what they say! Don't understand why it's taking so long for you're daughter I would of thought it was straight forward! Anyway best of luck and hope all works out kepp us updated... :)

thanks, I emailed them and this is what they had to say to me. :( AARRRG!!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

The application about which you are enquiring is awaiting allocation to a case officer for assessment.

The 457 section received a very high volume of applications in June and we appreciate your patience as your application/s progresses in the queue. Please do not send any further status update requests so we can devote our time to processing applications.

If any further information is required in support of your application, your case officer will contact you directly.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablecolour, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]28/05/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Application received - processing commenced [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 28/05/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Application fee received [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 18/06/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Application being processed further [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 03/07/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Health requirements finalised [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 16/07/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Information received [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 03/07/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Further medical results received [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This is my history.......still no news!

Hi guys, whilst we were waiting for our 457 to be approved we were told that they won't approve visas too far in advance from a start date at work. Ben isn't due to start work until August 18th, our visa was lodged beginning of May, they weren't going to look at it until our recruitment agent called them and said he was starting work May. Hang on in there, it's difficult waiting, I had to wait a whilst because I have a criminal record (no prison time - I was given an Absolute Discharge) I kept busy by going through each room of my house and literally stick or twisting with everything. I was brutal!! Half our furniture would look out of place in an Aussie house anyhow. This process definitely makes you less materialistic :D

Hi guys, whilst we were waiting for our 457 to be approved we were told that they won't approve visas too far in advance from a start date at work. Ben isn't due to start work until August 18th, our visa was lodged beginning of May, they weren't going to look at it until our recruitment agent called them and said he was starting work May. Hang on in there, it's difficult waiting, I had to wait a whilst because I have a criminal record (no prison time - I was given an Absolute Discharge) I kept busy by going through each room of my house and literally stick or twisting with everything. I was brutal!! Half our furniture would look out of place in an Aussie house anyhow. This process definitely makes you less materialistic :D

I'm not trying to be mean but is this definitely true? How can anyone plan for a move, what kind of timescales are we talking? Not that I think mine is held up like this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even been submitted!! :(

I don't this is the case, unless a start date has been put on an application if it was the case surely everyone would put the earliest date so the visa would go threw quicker? Lou why don't u ask for a trn off ur ma? This way you know you're visa has been submitted and can then begin to track the visa. I'm just sending the additional info required then another wait for an answer hopefully not much longer. Still can't believe you have been waiting since may? What job is it you're doing, you're co may have gone on maternity leave or anything so why don't you give them a ring they seem very inconsiderate towards ppl awaiting visas harsh really considering you're life is now in their hands!! Keep us updated..

Finally received some updates with my application. My nomination got approved today! YAY... The 457 should be on its way right? Given we lodged both at the same time!

hi I hope it comes right away , fingers cross for u . but we did the same we lodged the nomination and 457 visa together our nomination got approved on 19th and co asked for my docs eg medicals on 20th but been 2 months no news till now.

I don't this is the case, unless a start date has been put on an application if it was the case surely everyone would put the earliest date so the visa would go threw quicker? Lou why don't u ask for a trn off ur ma? This way you know you're visa has been submitted and can then begin to track the visa. I'm just sending the additional info required then another wait for an answer hopefully not much longer. Still can't believe you have been waiting since may? What job is it you're doing, you're co may have gone on maternity leave or anything so why don't you give them a ring they seem very inconsiderate towards ppl awaiting visas harsh really considering you're life is now in their hands!! Keep us updated..

hey sarah u absolutely right it feels like they r the gods for us this time and will decide our destiny which is very cruel. I mean the case officer in my case indicated to my agent that they happy to finalise the visa once we send the medicals through and we did in 5 days which is a very good time for getting medicals done concidering its so busy in Melbourne with medicals . so I don't understand we submitted everything in 5 days y aren't they approving it. I check mt trn status everyday n its the same nothing changed . so sad and depressed

hi I hope it comes right away , fingers cross for u . but we did the same we lodged the nomination and 457 visa together our nomination got approved on 19th and co asked for my docs eg medicals on 20th but been 2 months no news till now.

When was the last time you emailed your MA? If they ask for Medicals then it means you are 95% there :)

I've just received an email from my MA that even though the sponsorship and nomination been approved in June, DIAC now review it again so getting loads of papers from my sponsor I hope the outcome will be positive.

So maybe that's the reason why you guys got no news either.

I've just received an email from my MA that even though the sponsorship and nomination been approved in June, DIAC now review it again so getting loads of papers from my sponsor I hope the outcome will be positive.

So maybe that's the reason why you guys got no news either.

Why do they need to review again? Were there some rules changed from July 1st that earlier applications have to follow?