457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

Does this mean your visa won't be looked at until abit further down the line? As soon as the visa is granted I shall be booking flights and going so ASAP I have never experienced wanting something so much and waiting so nervously for something!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Chubbs we didn't use a ma some people claimed we was silly in doing so and then a few other people claimed they are a waste of money and up to now I'm glad we've done it ourselves, I just hate the waiting but believe in the saying good things come to those who wait. I seems unfair having to have it all reviewed etc but hopefully once your sponsors prove what they need to you will recieve your grant an all this will be a distance memory!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to get references with the list of tasks. They didn't sponsor before. Since the 1st of July changes they need to prove that is cheaper for them to take me on than train someone up to my level.

But apparently all info is with DIAC now and we waiting for approval.

Yes I'm using MA but they are a pain to communicate with them. They are in CIC somewhere :)

What job is it you will be doing? So do you have alot of experience rather than qualifications.

Does this mean your visa won't be looked at until abit further down the line? As soon as the visa is granted I shall be booking flights and going so ASAP I have never experienced wanting something so much and waiting so nervously for something!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Chubbs we didn't use a ma some people claimed we was silly in doing so and then a few other people claimed they are a waste of money and up to now I'm glad we've done it ourselves, I just hate the waiting but believe in the saying good things come to those who wait. I seems unfair having to have it all reviewed etc but hopefully once your sponsors prove what they need to you will recieve your grant an all this will be a distance memory!!

Once it's granted they won't looking at it again. Yes soon as mine granted handing my notice in and booking tickets :))

If I would do this again I wouldn't use MA would do it myself cause its not that complicated.

We also lodged 190 NSW SS and using MA for that cause that's more complicated.

little did you not have to prove any qualifications etc or did you have the experience rather qualifications :)

Thank you Sarah

Yes, I did submitted my qualification to DIAC in the first place so the didn't ask me that again

Hope yours will come soon.

xx

Hi everyone,

Share my situation:

I am changing employer/sponsor with a current valid 457, so only nomination required. It should be the most straightforward case. My new employer's MA lodged nomination application on 15th July, and no news ever since. I wrote to DIAC today and got a reply that my case is waiting to get CO assigned.

My start date was delayed twice because of unexpected lengthy processing time. If they are aware of this situation, would my case get priority? what do you guys think? Or any possible way to speed it up? I am jobless because of this as you can imagine :(

Hi can't imagine you would have priority as there may be many cases awaiting the same as yourself and it wouldn't be very fair on other people, think you should expect to be waiting a few more weeks I hope this isn't the case, I waited 7 weeks for a case officer others even longer! Aren't you currently working for you're new employer? Surely this is allowed as they are sponsoring you? Hope it all works out and something gets sorted soon :)

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that a case officer contacted my employer and told them about the TSMIT changes and that they had to be met for the nomination to be considered for approval - so they are complying with the new changes against existing applications. I'm fortunate in that my employer has increased my salary to meet the new threshold, however that doesn't guarantee me approval. Will just have to wait & see! Just hoping a decision is not too far away :/

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that a case officer contacted my employer and told them about the TSMIT changes and that they had to be met for the nomination to be considered for approval - so they are complying with the new changes against existing applications. I'm fortunate in that my employer has increased my salary to meet the new threshold, however that doesn't guarantee me approval. Will just have to wait & see! Just hoping a decision is not too far away :/

Hopefully you're grant will be on it's way, so it does seem they are using the new rules for applications lodged before 1st July!! Doesn't seem fair but glad you're employer has agreed,does this mean you will be recieving a pay rise? Sorry I'm not too clued up on what this means...

Yes I would definitely say so, and yes it is a pay rise! :-) However its not just my salary that needs to meet/be above the new TSMIT, the market rate does also (I.e. the salary of an Australian citizen currently doing the same job within the company) - so fingers crossed that is the case also!

Hi can't imagine you would have priority as there may be many cases awaiting the same as yourself and it wouldn't be very fair on other people, think you should expect to be waiting a few more weeks I hope this isn't the case, I waited 7 weeks for a case officer others even longer! Aren't you currently working for you're new employer? Surely this is allowed as they are sponsoring you? Hope it all works out and something gets sorted soon :)

No, I am not working for the new employer because ppl are not allowed to work without proper visa plus visa conditions by law.

Won't you be on a bridging visa awaiting sponsor visa for the company? Oh I thought that was allowed sorry

Hi Sarahara Bridging visa was also an option I looked at, but it went nowhere eventually. I was advised that I am eligible for a bridging visa only if my current visa is to expire. But I am transferring sponsorship and my visa is not expiring.

Edited by bali6688

Just found this info :

http://migrationalliance.com.au/home/new-457-visa-legislation-will-no-longer-be-imposed-retrospectively.html

So don't really understand why are they fiddling with my application still ??

Yes it seems unfair!!! Maybe now this has come into place your application won't be under as much scrutiny an your grant will be on it's way soon. Hope you hear something soon

Hi all!

After abit of toing and froing between my employer and the case officer about my salary, my visa has finally been granted today!! :D . Finger's crossed they are picking up speed again with everything now following the changes, and everyone else gets their visas soon also!

x

Hi all!

After abit of toing and froing between my employer and the case officer about my salary, my visa has finally been granted today!! :D . Finger's crossed they are picking up speed again with everything now following the changes, and everyone else gets their visas soon also!

x

Congrats ! Well done !