457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

Can you tell me your occupation and location?

Desktop Support Analyst, Sydney. My sponsorship and MA were paid for and arranged by my Employer, there wasn't a lot a had to do apart from supply the documents my MA was asking, once this was done it was just a few days before I was announced that the Visa had been granted. My start date is 2nd September.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am planning to move to Melbourne by this year end. Can you please help me understand what would be ideal income for decent living in Melbourne. Is $50K annual package is enough for small family, myself, wife and kid ?

My lifestyle is not very luxurious, please help.

Regards

Akshay

I can't wait for the morning!

Hi Chubbs,

Will you be able to help me with below plz. Thanks in advance.

I am planning to move to Melbourne by this year end. Can you please help me understand what would be ideal income for decent living in Melbourne. Is $50K annual package is enough for small family, myself, wife and kid ?

Regards

Akshay

Hi Chubbs,

Will you be able to help me with below plz. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Akshay

Well to be honest I'm not sure it's enough. I'll be south of Sydney and will be on 60k. In order to save few hundred bucks a month I need to find rental for under $350 a week.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Regards

Akshay

You'll be on a very tight budget for a family of three.

I think that money would be enough for everyday expenses but you won't be able to save any money.

However, if your wife is able to work that would be the way you can earn extra income and finally you'll be fine.

Hope that helps by the way I live in Sydney.

It looks like application for 457 lodged from Australia, are quickly approved.

From overseas it takes ages ...

I'm waiting since more than 6 weeks

Not true, I'm based in Melbourne and I've been waiting for 2 months now!

I think all the applications lodged before 31/06 are being treated differently than the ones lodged afterwards! My current visa runs out Mid-September. I just hope they sort it out before it expires!!

Not true, I'm based in Melbourne and I've been waiting for 2 months now!

I think all the applications lodged before 31/06 are being treated differently than the ones lodged afterwards! My current visa runs out Mid-September. I just hope they sort it out before it expires!!

That's long! Hope it will be approved soon! Can't you get a bridging visa?