457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

Why do they need to review again? Were there some rules changed from July 1st that earlier applications have to follow?

Yes lots of things changed at 1st of July. There is a minim wage now. And now try have to prove that it's not sufficient for them to hire someone local and train them do to cost. And other changes too...really annoying and frustrating. But hopefully my training and experience will help.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changes :

<font color="black">All subclass 457 visa applications lodged before 1 July 2013 but not finalised, will be subject to the new visa requirements. Your case officer will request further information if<font color="black"> required.

<font color="black">All subclass 457 visa applications that are lodged after 1 July 2013 will be subject to the new visa requirements. The majority of subclass 457 visa applicants will not be affected by the changes.

<font color="black">In some circumstances further evidence to demonstrate claims for a subclass 457 visa may be required. Visa applicants should note the changes to the English language and skills requirements.

Hey Apickerell, My company's MA submitted my Nomination application on the 14th June, and then my visa application on the 21st. Yours?

I already have my 457 visa but i am waiting for my new baby's visa, We got ours last year but had to wait to come to Oz until after she was born. We submitted hers July 8th. Hope we hear soon because i am supposed to start in less than 2 weeks....

Morning all

I've just submitted more info to CO, now how long do I have to wait for my visa to be granted?

Any indication?

Thanks I'm going crazy now. :frown:

Hey little best of luck hope soon, not trying to be mean but I was asked medicals in june 18th n I submitted results in 7 days . Till now haven't heard anything. Hope everyone gets it asap

Hey little best of luck hope soon, not trying to be mean but I was asked medicals in june 18th n I submitted results in 7 days . Till now haven't heard anything. Hope everyone gets it asap

Thanks for your reply Jazz.

Also, today after I sent more docs to the CO, the MA told me that the "job description got approved"

I have no idea what does that mean? Could anyone tell me?

Anyway still have to wait...:nah:

Thanks for your reply Jazz.

Also, today after I sent more docs to the CO, the MA told me that the "job description got approved"

I have no idea what does that mean? Could anyone tell me?

Anyway still have to wait...:nah:

That means for example if you apply as a mechanic they check your job description to make sure you not doing a cleaners job :)

You have to have a job offer from the company who is sponsoring you describing your task and job title. And you have your occupation on SOL/CSOL.

For example your occupation is a mechanic which is on the list with an anzso code number.

This occupation and number will be on your visa application.

Then they will have a look at your job offer and check it that make sure that you will do a mechanics work not of a panel beaters or cleaners job.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, usually it would be nomination approved.

The CO doesn't have to tell whether job description's got approved or not?

I can't check my timeline coz I don't have the TRN.

No he doesn't have to but probably he is telling you just to show you that he is giving you information about your processing. Still better than keep emailing him for little bits of info.

Your CO won't email you but your MA will.

Hi All,

I need help!! can anybody tell me the whole process from start to finish please,

I submitted all my paperwork just over 5 weeks ago now, i never seem to be getting any infomation back from the migration company, i have read some of the threads on here and a few people have said they had there medicals within days of starting the application, i have been sponsored by a company in perth and they have asked me for updates, but i would of thought they would be involved in the process aswell as they will have to nominate me wouldn`t they?? i e-mailed the migration company only yesterday and now they have asked me for more information which they havent even told me what information they require from me, the last e-mail i had from them (5 weeks a go) was them was saying that they had all the information they needed from me, so i replied yesterday asking what else they need from me but no reply, is this normal or is it just my case? it is all so confusing to me to be honest and i dont know what to do with it all at the moment.

I am moving to OZ on my own so i would of thought it would of been a quick process, it is all so confusing to me to be honest and i dont know what to do with it all at the moment.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for reading this thread.

Hi All,

I need help!! can anybody tell me the whole process from start to finish please,

I submitted all my paperwork just over 5 weeks ago now, i never seem to be getting any infomation back from the migration company, i have read some of the threads on here and a few people have said they had there medicals within days of starting the application, i have been sponsored by a company in perth and they have asked me for updates, but i would of thought they would be involved in the process aswell as they will have to nominate me wouldn`t they?? i e-mailed the migration company only yesterday and now they have asked me for more information which they havent even told me what information they require from me, the last e-mail i had from them (5 weeks a go) was them was saying that they had all the information they needed from me, so i replied yesterday asking what else they need from me but no reply, is this normal or is it just my case? it is all so confusing to me to be honest and i dont know what to do with it all at the moment.

I am moving to OZ on my own so i would of thought it would of been a quick process, it is all so confusing to me to be honest and i dont know what to do with it all at the moment.

Thanks for reading this t.

Hi I think it all depends on what job you are going over Doing? Medicals is normally if you are in a hospital or child environment and what country your from. For instants I'm from the uk and no need for medical a however been asked for additional information which is proof of skills, previous job references and cv. Then passport details etc.. If you have sent all this I'm not sure what else they could need unless you have qualifications and they require the proof? They want to know the ins and outs of everything! Rest assured if all is above board and you're skills and experience is relevant then ur visa will be granted, best of look I hope they hurry up for you... Keep us updated...:)

Hi All,

Thanks for reading this thread.

hi best of luck, hope u get ur visa soon .

In relation to your process ur migration age ants are supposed to tell u war exactly is happening with ur case also they are answerable to the company which is sponsoring u . And they must also tell u in details Wat they want from u and within Wat time Frame you must also ask them about ur applications TRN NUMBER soy can check ur files progress online Andstay in touch of the sponsor , as the processing is taking alot of time these days I would say its normal that ur file might sit there for long , they asked me fr medicals n till now no update. Hope it will help .

Hi I think it all depends on what job you are going over Doing? Medicals is normally if you are in a hospital or child environment and what country your from. For instants I'm from the uk and no need for medical a however been asked for additional information which is proof of skills, previous job references and cv. Then passport details etc.. If you have sent all this I'm not sure what else they could need unless you have qualifications and they require the proof? They want to know the ins and outs of everything! Rest assured if all is above board and you're skills and experience is relevant then ur visa will be granted, best of look I hope they hurry up for you... Keep us updated...:)

Thanks Sarah,

I am a fork truck engineer (mechanic) i have scanned,signed and sent back passport,qualifiactions,references,certificates and my CV the lot, just another thing they have also taken out a month`s BUPA medical payment aswell is this normal procedure ?

Thanks

Thanks Sarah,

I am a fork truck engineer (mechanic) i have scanned,signed and sent back passport,qualifiactions,references,certificates and my CV the lot, just another thing they have also taken out a month`s BUPA medical payment aswell is this normal procedure ?

Thanks

It's normal. You only pay one month and once you tere you start to pay monthly n