457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me either Sarahsara however, we got news from oh's employer yesterday to say they are putting it back an expected 5 weeks so we wouldn't be travelling till October! We are devastated! Especially as we will be homeless from end of August! Hope you get your visa soon :) , I'll keep my fingers crossed for you-less of a rush for me now. :(

Hi all,

Pretty new here but just thought I'd let you know that I am also in the same boat! My 457 visa was submitted on 10/06 and still no news! :( ...There was an update on 11/7 to say that it was being processed further though. It's good to know I'm not the only one in limbo! Finger's crossed it comes through soon for us all!

Edited by katie3736

Hi all,

Pretty new here but just thought I'd let you know that I am also in the same boat! My 457 visa was submitted on 10/06 and still no news! :( ...There was an update on 11/7 to say that it was being processed further though. It's good to know I'm not the only one in limbo! Finger's crossed it comes through soon for us all!

With progress further it means you have a case officer I think so yours will be anytime soon hopefully. Ours is still at first stage!!!! Good luck and ill keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Thanks Babs! I really hope it comes through soon as I need to get out there & started in the job! Has anyone considered going out on a tourist visa and waiting out there for the approval to start work? It's crossed my mind, but there's always that element of doubt that it might get rejected (although not sure why it would!). Just want to get settled etc! :)

Thanks Babs! I really hope it comes through soon as I need to get out there & started in the job! Has anyone considered going out on a tourist visa and waiting out there for the approval to start work? It's crossed my mind, but there's always that element of doubt that it might get rejected (although not sure why it would!). Just want to get settled etc! :)

We have thought that too but came to the decision it's best to wait as we have two under 5! It's horrible to not feel in charge of your own future!!! :)

We will be just west of Brisbane. Just had a chat with my brother who is in Sydney, he went out on working holiday visa then was employed as a mechanic and sponsored on 457. He submitted an app on 10 June was put on a bridging visa and received an email from a case officer last Saturday requiring more info. He sent that yesterday and received his visa today!!! Hope for us all yet. X

we will be just west of brisbane. Just had a chat with my brother who is in sydney, he went out on working holiday visa then was employed as a mechanic and sponsored on 457. He submitted an app on 10 june was put on a bridging visa and received an email from a case officer last saturday requiring more info. He sent that yesterday and received his visa today!!! Hope for us all yet. X

just want to ask u all they saying that the files which were alloted case officers in june but decisions not made till july 2013 will be considered in new laws and new polices will appy ..

I hope that doesnt happen as if that happens thousands of peoples future will be spoiled these people. N i ll sue them. As i have never heard this happening people lodge their pr's n takes 3 yrs to approve but their file is considered under the laws which were in effect at the time of lodgement.

My friends lodged pr in 2005 and most of them got it in 2011 or 2012 n in that time frame thousands of laws changed but their file was processed according to 2005's laws .

Any one knows wats happening with 457's

just woken up by my husband and lots of emails from ma!!! We have our visas!!!!!! So excited! So happy! X good luck to everyone else! :)

hi babs2012 very happy for u , just wanted to know when did u guys applied ur visa and wat occupation if u dont mind thanxz

i know u must be excited n might not get time to reply but ill wait for ur reply ta

hi babs2012 very happy for u , just wanted to know when did u guys applied ur visa and wat occupation if u dont mind thanxz

i know u must be excited n might not get time to reply but ill wait for ur reply ta

Hi,y husband is sponsored as customer service manager. Our MA applied for us on 20th in Brisbane. I kept checking the immi site waiting for progress further but it never changed then was woken up to emails from the MA saying it has been granted. Took 5 weeks exactly. Hope you hear soon. What is it your being sponsored to do? When did you apply? :)

I applied in may 20th both nomination and sponsor , nomi approved 17 jun 18 june my file opened - medicals req- 26 medicals done I think 2 may medicals approved since then nothing . Occupation project administrator

Im sure you will hear very soon. We didn't have to have medicals! Not sure on status of our sponsor and nomination either at time our application was submitted! I presume all was ready. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

just want to ask u all they saying that the files which were alloted case officers in june but decisions not made till july 2013 will be considered in new laws and new polices will appy ..

I hope that doesnt happen as if that happens thousands of peoples future will be spoiled these people. N i ll sue them. As i have never heard this happening people lodge their pr's n takes 3 yrs to approve but their file is considered under the laws which were in effect at the time of lodgement.

My friends lodged pr in 2005 and most of them got it in 2011 or 2012 n in that time frame thousands of laws changed but their file was processed according to 2005's laws .

Any one knows wats happening with 457's

I really hope thats not the case...

Congratulations on you're visa! We have also had some news today requesting further information!! So I'm going to get that sent off and fingers crossed I won't be far behind you! This may seem a silly question but do I scan the information they require into an email back to my case officer? I'm not 100% sure!! Anyway will you keep you updated and wish everyone well who have had there's granted hope everything works out x

Congratulations Babs! Still no news for me! Arghhh. My application was submitted directly by my employer and me, so not through a migration agent - has anyone else had any experiences of submitted a visa this way? It's taking so long! Getting on for 7 weeks...:(

Not for me either Sarahsara however, we got news from oh's employer yesterday to say they are putting it back an expected 5 weeks so we wouldn't be travelling till October! We are devastated! Especially as we will be homeless from end of August! Hope you get your visa soon :) , I'll keep my fingers crossed for you-less of a rush for me now. :(

Lou so sorry to have to read that!! Hope everything works out for you I'm sure it will, just remember these are just little hurdles, once you are out there all this will seem like a distance memory, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep me updated and let me know how you're getting on. Is there no way once you have you're visa you still fly out and you find a job whilst your partner waits for his start date? I think you have so much time before work has to commenced? I'm not 100% sure on that, hope something works out soon, best of luck x

Congratulations Babs! Still no news for me! Arghhh. My application was submitted directly by my employer and me, so not through a migration agent - has anyone else had any experiences of submitted a visa this way? It's taking so long! Getting on for 7 weeks...:(

Hi katie that's how our application was submitted on 11th June, today is the first contact we have had from our case officer requesting further information in order for her to make a decision on the visa. Now we submitted both the visa and nomination at the same time but with no evidence for the visa so she's just asking for that at the minute, I am thinking if you have applied for your visa did you include all the relevant evidence to support your visa such as qualifications etc? If so then I guess you are only awaiting a grant from them that's possibly why you haven't heard anything? Hope this is the case, I have a feeling your going to wake up tomorrow with an email with a visa grant! Will keep my fingers crossed and keep thinking positive, keep us updated x

Hi katie that's how our application was submitted on 11th June, today is the first contact we have had from our case officer requesting further information in order for her to make a decision on the visa. Now we submitted both the visa and nomination at the same time but with no evidence for the visa so she's just asking for that at the minute, I am thinking if you have applied for your visa did you include all the relevant evidence to support your visa such as qualifications etc? If so then I guess you are only awaiting a grant from them that's possibly why you haven't heard anything? Hope this is the case, I have a feeling your going to wake up tomorrow with an email with a visa grant! Will keep my fingers crossed and keep thinking positive, keep us updated x

Thanks Sarah! That's good to know - I was starting to wonder whether this was making a difference perhaps! My app was lodged on 10th June and I uploaded all my documents in the same week, so hopefully you're right and it's just a case of waiting for approval! I guess with all the bits in the news about this visa though I'm just getting abit nervous about rejection, espec having given up my job, house here etc.

If you don't mind me asking are the emails from the immigration department quite obvious (i.e. does it have a particular subject line?) Just so I know what i'm looking out for! :)

Will keep you posted and likewise the same with your app x