457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

My employer nominated me 15/07/13 and it says processing commenced...

Can i begin my 457 visa application before the nomination is approved? If I have to wait, how long will I be waiting. I will be working in Sydney so i suppose they receive quite a high application rate. Any help appreciated, i may be being impatient but want to know if i am doing the right thing!!?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can lodge a decision ready application, however you need the trn of the nomination to apply for you're visa but you're visa won't be looked at until the nomination is approved. Not in Perth yet my partner is so just waiting for the go ahead for myself and our young daughter to join him! With the health care I'm not 100% on that as I thought the uk and aus had the agreement in place where as we can enrol with Medicare for basic health needs? So unless I'm required to have insurance I won't be taking any out as case officer hasn't mentioned it. Hope people start to get their visas granted soon give the forum abit of reassurance. Good luck everyone..

My employer nominated me 15/07/13 and it says processing commenced...

Can i begin my 457 visa application before the nomination is approved? If I have to wait, how long will I be waiting. I will be working in Sydney so i suppose they receive quite a high application rate. Any help appreciated, i may be being impatient but want to know if i am doing the right thing!!?

not sure how long you will have to wait I've waited 7 weeks up to now and lodged mine at Perth centre of excellence. I have lodged both nomination and visa together, so you can apply for you're visa now as long as you know the nomination tracking reference number (trn) but no1 will look at you're visa until you're nomination is approved. Processing commenced is just a general message which means your application is awaiting a case officer once a case officer has been assigned to your application the update will say either further processing commenced or further information required. Good luck hope you're granted your nomination soon...

Thanks very much for the help. I have tried logging my visa online using my nomination TRN but it says i need a sponsorship TRN as well. I do not have this. Is this something my employer can provide? I do not seem to be able to begin my application with only nomination TRN. Frustrated!!

Thanks very much for the help. I have tried logging my visa online using my nomination TRN but it says i need a sponsorship TRN as well. I do not have this. Is this something my employer can provide? I do not seem to be able to begin my application with only nomination TRN. Frustrated!!

Yes your employer will have this dependant on whether they are an approved sponsor or not! All very confusing isn't it, but will be all worth it in the end :)

Yes your employer will have this dependant on whether they are an approved sponsor or not! All very confusing isn't it, but will be all worth it in the end :)

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to be a pain but is there anyway that my new company would of not passed on this TRN nomination onto the migration company they have sponsored people before so i am not sure where that leaves me, is there anything else that you or anybody else can suggest for me to do? people are saying on here that they are updates i have received nothing at all? stressful isnt the word, to make matters worse my new tenant is on about cancelling as she needs to be in by september aarrrrhhh

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to be a pain but is there anyway that my new company would of not passed on this TRN nomination onto the migration company they have sponsored people before so i am not sure where that leaves me, is there anything else that you or anybody else can suggest for me to do? people are saying on here that they are updates i have received nothing at all? stressful isnt the word, to make matters worse my new tenant is on about cancelling as she needs to be in by september aarrrrhhh

i think I may be confusing you. When you're company apply for you to work for them they nominate you for the position, everytime they nominate someone they will have a trn enabling them to track the nomination for that person, the trn is different for every person. So if you have used a ma then they will have your trn so if you can get in contact with them and request your trn and password then you will be able to track your nomination process and see where it is up 2 rather than relying on your ma, hope I've not confused you even more, if you need any more help etc just ask and I will help as much as I can :) x

i think I may be confusing you. When you're company apply for you to work for them they nominate you for the position, everytime they nominate someone they will have a trn enabling them to track the nomination for that person, the trn is different for every person. So if you have used a ma then they will have your trn so if you can get in contact with them and request your trn and password then you will be able to track your nomination process and see where it is up 2 rather than relying on your ma, hope I've not confused you even more, if you need any more help etc just ask and I will help as much as I can :) x

Hi Sarah, no that makes a lot more sense thanks, i will e-mail my MA now and request the trn number and password one last thing, what website will i need to use to access my progress? Thanks for your help

Hi Sarah, no that makes a lot more sense thanks, i will e-mail my MA now and request the trn number and password one last thing, what website will i need to use to access my progress? Thanks for your help

Hi the following link will direct you to the page http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/employer-sponsored.htm then u just choose to track nomination process and it will ask for trn and password :)

Hi guys a got a news for u all I just spoke to a candidate of labor party Tim watt at a shopping centre and he clearly said files submitted before 1 st july will b considered in old laws

Have you heard anything regarding you're visa? Good to hear the visas are considered under the old laws, hope you hear soon

Oh Jazz I hope you're right! but like Chubbs says it does say on the immi website about the new laws applying to unfinalised applications also...so confusing!! I've still not heard anything :-( it'll be 8 weeks on Tuesday. My employer rang immigration mid week and they gave them a number to call once it does reach 8 weeks, as apparently then you can officially chase them up! They did also say they've been inundated with applications in June due to everyone wanting to get them in before the 1st !

Still no news today...such a long wait almost 8 weeks.

hey little same here no news but I sent a mail to immigration minister tony burke about the delay and requested him to get involved and get someone to investgate and requested him to instruct immi to finalise the genuine cases asap and lets hope he acts on the mail and hopfully we get the good news soon

No news yet for me either, I sent all the required information and I'm back to waitin now! This is ridiculas! I don't understand why it's taking so long, like jazzcrave said grant the genuine visas! I can't imagine there would be many visas applied for that aren't genuine though? I mean how can people prove their qualifications needed for the visa etc? Bit worrying! Anyway good luck and I hope so much we all get out visa grant soon...

I've got an email from my sponsor that they send the last documents requested by DIAC. They said that due to the changes after 1st of July the whole sponsorship been reviewed.

was you're employer already a sponsor before sponsoring you? If so I know that's not the case as once accepted to become a sponsor it lasts for 3 years, and there are changes to visas every year so that's not the case with sponsors already, however if this is the first time for a sponsor then I don't know the rules around that

was you're employer already a sponsor before sponsoring you? If so I know that's not the case as once accepted to become a sponsor it lasts for 3 years, and there are changes to visas every year so that's not the case with sponsors already, however if this is the first time for a sponsor then I don't know the rules around that

No they not been sponsoring before. However the sponsorship already been approved middle of June.

But now they crossed it off and DIAC reviewed the hole lot again and asked for more papers.