457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sarah! That's good to know - I was starting to wonder whether this was making a difference perhaps! My app was lodged on 10th June and I uploaded all my documents in the same week, so hopefully you're right and it's just a case of waiting for approval! I guess with all the bits in the news about this visa though I'm just getting abit nervous about rejection, espec having given up my job, house here etc.

If you don't mind me asking are the emails from the immigration department quite obvious (i.e. does it have a particular subject line?) Just so I know what i'm looking out for! :)

Will keep you posted and likewise the same with your app x

Yeah the emails stand out a mile off they have your surname then first name in capital letters so you know straight away! I'm the same once this evidence has been submitted I will then have the nervous wait that you have at the minute! It's so scary as like you say so much negative news surrounding the visa!! The average processing time is around 8 weeks so anyday now you will recieve your grant so all this waiting about will be worth it! Good luck x

Yeah the emails stand out a mile off they have your surname then first name in capital letters so you know straight away! I'm the same once this evidence has been submitted I will then have the nervous wait that you have at the minute! It's so scary as like you say so much negative news surrounding the visa!! The average processing time is around 8 weeks so anyday now you will recieve your grant so all this waiting about will be worth it! Good luck x

Ah that's great, thanks again!

Good luck with yours too, and hopefully next time we speak one of us will have our visa's!! :)

have you still not heard?? No news is good news, I have only just been assigned a case officer after 6 weeks!! Good luck hope u hear something soon, maybe tomorrow... :)

My application was submitted June 7 onshore and nothing heard since...

It's been so long now... My current visa is almost expire :wacko::wacko: OMG...

Thanks for your wishes... I'll keep my fingers crossed for all. :yes:

Lou so sorry to have to read that!! Hope everything works out for you I'm sure it will, just remember these are just little hurdles, once you are out there all this will seem like a distance memory, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep me updated and let me know how you're getting on. Is there no way once you have you're visa you still fly out and you find a job whilst your partner waits for his start date? I think you have so much time before work has to commenced? I'm not 100% sure on that, hope something works out soon, best of luck x

Thanks Sarahsara,

I will be working for my current company out there so we will both be gainfully employed from the start.

What would it be without a challenge or two? At least we will appreciate it when we do get there!

Hope you hear soon :)

Hello folks, just to let you know how our 457 Visa went. We ended up applying for the Visa on the 15th of July and we had our Visa granted on the 23rd of July. So the timing was really very short considering. This was for Melbourne not Sydney.

Wow-congratulation! Shows that if you hit the queue at the right time it doesn't have to take long at all. All the best for your move!

My application was submitted June 7 onshore and nothing heard since...

It's been so long now... My current visa is almost expire :wacko::wacko: OMG...

Thanks for your wishes... I'll keep my fingers crossed for all. :yes:

youre current visa shouldn't expire as you will be on a bridging visa now? Fingers crossed hope you hear soon :)

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 457 visa. Does DIAC reqire the work experience (electrician) assessed by assesing Autority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

Thans for help.

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 457 visa. Does DIAC reqire the work experience (electrician) assessed by assesing Autority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

Thans for help.

Hi I think it depends on what country you're from? Were from the uk and haven't needed to prove skills.

Have you applied for you're visa... good luck :)

Hi I think it depends on what country you're from? Were from the uk and haven't needed to prove skills.

Have you applied for you're visa... good luck :)

I am from HR country. No i didnt apllied yet!

Can anyone, from HR country, confirm that DIAC reqires that the work experience (electrician) is assessed by assesing Autority?

I am from HR country. No i didnt apllied yet!

Can anyone, from HR country, confirm that DIAC reqires that the work experience (electrician) is assessed by assesing Autority?

I am from a high risk country(I'm low risk), and I only need a letter from employer to apply 457 visa.

I was working as electronic engineer for more than 7 yrs.

This morning I've got an e mail from DIAC requesting for more information such as police clearance, birth certificate, IELTS, passport sized photo so I think basically you only need a letter from your employer.

I will submit those docs next week. :realmad:

Hope this will help with your application and good luck for all.:jimlad:

Hello folks, just to let you know how our 457 Visa went. We ended up applying for the Visa on the 15th of July and we had our Visa granted on the 23rd of July. So the timing was really very short considering. This was for Melbourne not Sydney.

hi congrats on ur visa . jut wondering what position or occupation did u apply for .??if u don't mind telling

Congrats to you guys who got approved! Im still waiting for mine.

Out of topic... What sortof financial or other support you got from your sponsor? Ie relocation, accomodation etc

Hi, we were told originally we would get 3 months accommodation, a 20ft container and business class flights. When the contract came it was one months accommodation, a 20ft container and economy flights.

We still deemed it worth doing!!

Hi everyone, so we have heard back from our case officer asking for more information cv, letter from previous employers and references etc however no mention of proof of our relationship do you think I should send this just incase or do you think she's forgot? I've got all the evidence here ready for her when she requires it but just a little worried as to why she hasn't asked for it. Maybe we've got lucky and she doesn't require it? Haha doubtful but if anyone can help that would be wonderful... Thank you!

Morning Sarah,

That's great news! I'd say that the more info you can send now the better? It might delay things further else if they turn round and ask for it later down the line!

No news for me unfortunately. I've been reading about the changes introduced to the 457 and how they actually affect applications lodged before the 1st, and my GAE (Guaranteed annual earnings) fall below that outlined in the requirements. Concerned now this is going to be an issue. :(

Hey Katie and Sarah I would suggest u not to send anything else apart from Wat case officer has requested , they always know Wat they need n sending documents out of no where might create suss. So send Wat they asked rest upto u , if u feel its ok then u may go ahead. N Katie if u lodged everything prior to 1st july ur case shud be considered under old laws as on to 31st june. Best of luck guys.

Morning Sarah,

That's great news! I'd say that the more info you can send now the better? It might delay things further else if they turn round and ask for it later down the line!

No news for me unfortunately. I've been reading about the changes introduced to the 457 and how they actually affect applications lodged before the 1st, and my GAE (Guaranteed annual earnings) fall below that outlined in the requirements. Concerned now this is going to be an issue. :(

Just found this on the subject. Mine was lodged on 28/05 and still not approved.

How will the changes affect subclass 457 visa applicants?

All subclass 457 visa applications lodged before 1 July 2013 but not finalised, will be subject to the new visa requirements. Your case officer will request further information if required.

All subclass 457 visa applications that are lodged after 1 July 2013 will be subject to the new visa requirements. The majority of subclass 457 visa applicants will not be affected by the changes.

In some circumstances further evidence to demonstrate claims for a subclass 457 visa may be required. Visa applicants should note the changes to the English language and skills requirements.

Edited by chubbs75

Morning Sarah,

Don't worry Katie, your case officer will ask either you or your MA to update your contract agreement.

Yea I understand ur point too I'm in d same boat , but as I mentioned previously, many friends of mine aapplied for pr in 2005 n they got their files opened in 2011 but their case was considered under laws according to 2005. Rules changed 50 times from 2005 to 2011 but they didn't effected their files . If they start doing this 10000 people will suffer . God forbidden if that happens u got full rights to sue DIAC . My know did d same in 2009 they changed laws n imposed on his file as he was waiting for 3 years n all of a sudden they were abt cancel his application , coz of some ielts, he sued DIAC n they changed d policy n he got his PR. they can't do injustice .

Babs2012 is a good example they applied in june 20th n their file was approved according to old laws which were in affect till 31st june. Don't stress all will be fine . Just pray n leave it to god.