The all new UK weather game.......

Perthbum

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 degrees today, and my silly wife is quite badly sunburnt. 20 degrees in the UK is very different to 20 degrees in Oz

You mean they haven't started already? I've already seen predictions of a drought.

If you don't get a serious number of days over 20 degrees let's face it, it's going to be another crap summer. 20 degrees is not even warm. It's OK if you're sat inside and looking out a window. I've been watching the EPL on TV and thought the weather looks good, then the camera pans over to the crowd or managers in the dugout and they are still sat there in big coats, scarves, hats.

Guest chris955
20 degrees today, and my silly wife is quite badly sunburnt. 20 degrees in the UK is very different to 20 degrees in Oz

​Exactly, 20 here is very pleasant indeed but certainly capable of burning.

the temperature doesn't matter you can burn in the sun at any temp....our garden is like a suntrap, 15 degrees can easily feel like 20 or more, felt quite hot in the garden without the wind today. Didn't spend long in the sun as i'm still sunburnt from yesterday

the temperature doesn't matter you can burn in the sun at any temp....our garden is like a suntrap, 15 degrees can easily feel like 20 or more, felt quite hot in the garden without the wind today. Didn't spend long in the sun as i'm still sunburnt from yesterday

Ahhhh, you are good at figures...can you update the totals please...my iPhone is slow

it is gorgeous but its going to be like this in Melbourne all week and its nearly winter :)

My dads family in melbourne are just back home after weeks in glasgow and they only had one nice day in their visit lol so i dont think they were too happy when i said how nice it is after they just left! Its only to last today though so im making the most of it ;)

the weathers meant to be nice all week here, when i'm at work :'( and 4 out of 5 shifts are in the afternoon....wankers lol, just sitting around to work now.

No need to brag that england has it nice all week lol i thought it was 1-0 to me when i said it was nice here while most people are at work lol. Hopefully the nice weather will come back again next week! Lucys out sunbathing with me but erics hiding in the dark livingroom.. Weirdo!

Ok...update.......day 2 of the comp and I am thrilled to announce that it is already 20c in many parts of the country......2 days....2 days 20c or more.

the only casualty so far is Paul 1 Perth who has already been knocked out and wendee who said one day over 20c.

Edited by Perthbum

Ok...update.......day 2 of the comp and I am thrilled to announce that it is already 20c in many parts of the country......2 days....2 days 20c or more.

the only casualty so far is Paul 1 Perth who has already been knocked out and wendee who said one day over 20c.

Did you seriously expect a sensible contribution from Wendee ?

it is gorgeous but its going to be like this in Melbourne all week and its nearly winter :)

That answers a question for me Wolves .........yesterday was enough for me 22c ........i think any long term ambitions i had to go back to W.A are fast disappearing ..........i actually think i wouldnt enjoy the heat anymore like i used to ......i would hate to ruin my happy memories ........my wife wants to sell what we have over there anyway .......i was dead against it , trying to keep my options open, mainly for my girls .........but !!!!!!!!!

Nice here today,building an extension on a nice hse in New Brighton,overlooking the Mersey,only about 200 yards away,watching the Irish Boats come in,and the tug boats doing their stuff,dont know how warm it was,but it was enough for me,dont like roasto when i'm setting brick in it

Nice here today,building an extension on a nice hse in New Brighton,overlooking the Mersey,only about 200 yards away,watching the Irish Boats come in,and the tug boats doing their stuff,dont know how warm it was,but it was enough for me,dont like roasto when i'm setting brick in it

could you do it for 4 months in 30 plus ?

could you do it for 4 months in 30 plus ?

Probably not,i like "warm",but the sun kills me if im honest,mates in Perth reckon you get used to it/acclimatise,i dont know?

Im not a massive sun lover tho,if anyone gave me the choice of weather i'd go for a frosty clear day,no rain tho,rain=rain offs=no £

Couldn't get a 7 day forecast for Stratford-On-Avon, PB, but seeing that it's only a short distance from Brum, I used that instead...Cold, windy and very humid.:wink:

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/7day/birmingham

Cheers, Bobj.