Jo & Jon have a new arrival!!

JoandJon

Hi all,

Jon & I are pleased to announce the (eventually) safe arrival of our lovely little daughter Siena Rose!!

The various details:

Born on Saturday 20th October @ Casey Hospital Berwick, at 3:19pm, Weight = 3.19kg, Length = 50cm

Yep she has hair - quite a bit of it, and it looks dark! She has blue-ish eyes (at the moment), and the correct number, shape and position of appendages...

A few of the not-so-attractive details:

Unfortunately her arrival didn't go quite to plan (to put it mildly), and after a rather hideous preliminary extending over several days and me developing a fever, they tried to progress things further on Saturday morning by induction. Siena wasn't a fan of the drug, and threw a tantrum or two and as a result we were whisked off to theatre for an emergency C-section.

BUT, we got there in the end, and for anyone who's worried about going public for maternity care, I have nothing but praise for the care I received at Casey :)

Some of the midwives were absolutely amazingly brilliant (particularly Tania, Janie, Rachel & Thao), others were very good (and I'd probably have described them as brilliant if I hadn't had such amazing care from Tan & Janie!). There were a couple who I didn't really gel with, but they were still good. And a special thanks for the lovely Dr. Ed who finally let me go home :D

I'll post photos when I can figure out how to get the ones where I don't look like a drugged-up maniac off the camera!

(Oh, and if you're one of the midwives on the ward - I'll bring in cakes on Friday)

Wow - I'm a mum........ When does it start really feeling like it?

Guest guest30085

Awwww, congratulations to you both and welcome to the world little Siena Rose, what a beautiful name. What lovely news xx

Congratulations! I hope your lab is OK - my two were most put out when we bought Saoirse home for the first time but the 3 of them are as thick as thieves now!

If you had an emergency section make sure you take it easy - I tended not to and it makes the recovery longer, so look after yourself.

Guest Longtime Lurker

Many congratulations! I echo the comments made about the name - beautiful. Hope you do not have too many disturbed nights!

Archived