AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

I sent my AHPRA application to the Brisbane office which was received on 24/05/12. After several emails they have finally replied informing me that some of my documents have been incorrectly certified:( the email is from the Melbourne office. My question is where do I send the documents? Brisbane or Melbourne? Lol I'm sick of this!!!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent my AHPRA application to the Brisbane office which was received on 24/05/12. After several emails they have finally replied informing me that some of my documents have been incorrectly certified:( the email is from the Melbourne office. My question is where do I send the documents? Brisbane or Melbourne? Lol I'm sick of this!!!

I would email the person who sent you that info and ask for the address they want it sent to. :biggrin:

Are you meaning the statement of service from your employers shelly23?

If so, you might try calling AHPRA, it means staying up late/ getting up early, and tell them you've forgotten to include them. They will then tell you the best way to send the outstanding documents to them to ensure that they arrive in the correct office and with the right person. AHPRA have been known to lose odd documents when sent separately :rolleyes:

No sent statement of service, thought I had to include separate references aswell, but looks like there not needed anyway. Thanks for reply :biggrin:

I've FINALLY got my eligibility letter!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!:biggrin::biglaugh::biggrin::em3600:

Just in time as well, I fly out to Oz in 2 weeks-eeeek!

Good luck to everyone else and let me know if I can help!

xx

Congratulation..... How exciting... Best of luck :biggrin:

Guest ebyrne

hi guys i am new to this forum! i decided to join as i have been reading them since applying to ahpra to help with my application n i thought it would be alot easier to just ask my own questions and see how it goes :)

Applied to aphra 24/4/12 recieved confirmation 5/5/12 . I applied to brisbane office. Had a registrations officer who contacted me said i needed to supply a training transcript and nmc verification. All that was sent. Rang nearly every day the last week or two to find out what was holding up my registration, was told so many times by my registrations officer that i had supplied all the correct info but there is a backlog and it hopefully will be in soon!

Finally got a email last week stating they had sent my application to Victoria as there was such a backlog in brisbane. Low and behold i was issused with a new registrations officer there who sent me a email on wednesday saying they had recieved my trainscript but they now need a syllabus???

I dont understand how one registration officer differs from the next! im so peeved off !! do i get this frommy university? has this happened to other people weeks later? they also asked me for a cv which i had already submitted but they couldnt find it !! i rang today and the helpdesk were well able to find it in my file!!!!

please help! any advice greatly appreciated !! im losing my mind. started new job as a practice nurse on monday, they have been reall good said they will wait till it comes through but its not fair!!

I've FINALLY got my eligibility letter!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!:biggrin::biglaugh::biggrin::em3600:

xx

Congratulations. A big relief for you. All the best xx

xx

congratulations!! :biggrin:

hi guys i am new to this forum! i decided to join as i have been reading them since applying to ahpra to help with my application n i thought it would be alot easier to just ask my own questions and see how it goes :)

Applied to aphra 24/4/12 recieved confirmation 5/5/12 . I applied to brisbane office. Had a registrations officer who contacted me said i needed to supply a training transcript and nmc verification. All that was sent. Rang nearly every day the last week or two to find out what was holding up my registration, was told so many times by my registrations officer that i had supplied all the correct info but there is a backlog and it hopefully will be in soon!

Finally got a email last week stating they had sent my application to Victoria as there was such a backlog in brisbane. Low and behold i was issused with a new registrations officer there who sent me a email on wednesday saying they had recieved my trainscript but they now need a syllabus???

I dont understand how one registration officer differs from the next! im so peeved off !! do i get this frommy university? has this happened to other people weeks later? they also asked me for a cv which i had already submitted but they couldnt find it !! i rang today and the helpdesk were well able to find it in my file!!!!

please help! any advice greatly appreciated !! im losing my mind. started new job as a practice nurse on monday, they have been reall good said they will wait till it comes through but its not fair!!

I would complain in writing that it is taking longer than the 6 weeks APHRA promises. Ask why it is that Brisbane did not ask for this when they asked for other documents but Melbourne are now doing so. And if this is not sorted for you. You can also complain then to the ombudsman, but only after a complaint to APHRA.

Good luck. :biggrin:

xx

Congratulations Helen - the wait is over :biggrin:

Good luck with your moving plans :smile:

xx

congrats! :biggrin:

i rang AHPRA yesterday and was told to wait till end next week since it takes two weeks to process any additional documents submitted. fingers crossed :unsure: hope to get my eligibility earlier than friday..

Congrats on getting your registration at last!!

Ive finally sorted my application ( I think) I want to post it out first thing tomorrow. is this the correct address to send it to for Adelaide?

AHPRA

GPO Box 9958

Adelaide

SA 5001

I'm abit confused as some postal companies don't deliver t to PO Box address's

Thanks guys for your help :)

Aarghh! I have had an email from AHPRA saying my application is not complete. They are saying they haven't got my cert of good standing from the NMC but it was definitely sent!

They also say I need to provide a certified copy of proof of address :(

Hey Kapri, Did u arrange for your letter of good standing before you sent ur application off? I did this and they never recieved mine! give the NMC a ring and they will send another one out the same day. Also not sure why you have to prove your address? But a certified bank statement should be fine or a copy of your driving liscence. hope u get it sorted X

Do you have a copy of your cert of good standing? Might be worth emailling this across, while you wait for an original replacement. Proof of address, as suggested use driving licence (both parts). On the plus side, they are looking at your application, so probably will be a quick reply once you get these documents to them.

Do you have a copy of your cert of good standing? Might be worth emailling this across, while you wait for an original replacement. Proof of address, as suggested use driving licence (both parts). On the plus side, they are looking at your application, so probably will be a quick reply once you get these documents to them.

The proof of address is a pain, and expensive because it has to be certified, but easily remedied.

The cert of good standing is a problem as it gets sent directly from the NMC in London. I paid for it, and they sent it, back in March.

It seems AHPRA have mislaid it and I know this has happened to other people. It means I have to get up early again, and phone AHPRA again. Grrrr :arghh:

Guest EmmBee

Hi guys, sorry to step on the band wagon, Do you apply for registration before visa?? I'm very new to this whole business and need as much support as possible!! hoping to get to sydney this time next year-ish, will finish course in september. Anyone got any handy tips/where to start??? :\ all seems a bit scary but VERY exciting!

Hi guys, sorry to step on the band wagon, Do you apply for registration before visa?? I'm very new to this whole business and need as much support as possible!! hoping to get to sydney this time next year-ish, will finish course in september. Anyone got any handy tips/where to start??? :\ all seems a bit scary but VERY exciting!

Hi Emma

It's completely up to you, depending on your circumstances.

Your visa is your right to live and work in Australia whereas your nursing registration is the same as NMC here.

If you want to apply for a permanent visa you need to have your skills assessed by the ANMC. They are not the same as our NMC - they purely do skills assessment for migration http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Nurses_ANC/257

Once you have the ok from them, you apply for a visa. Your nursing registration is done through AHPRA https://www.ahpra.gov.au/

Some people register as a nurse with AHPRA first, then do a modified skills assessment with the ANMC. This way is cheaper, but takes longer.

If you want a sponsored visa then ypou just register with AHPRA then apply for jobs with sponsorship. This will be much quicker but is less secure as you are tied to one employer.

Hope this helps ;)

So, I've spoken to my case office this morning and she has found my cert of good standing, yay!

However, she has asked for proof of my Australian visa, and when I said I didn't have one she was a bit flummoxed and said she'd have to seek advice from her superior!!

I think she expected me to have a visa because I've been registered in Australia before (in 2007, but I let it lapse). I explained that I never actually worked in Australia but she needs to seek advice and will email me. Has anyone else had this?

I was also asked recently to provide proof of my visa. I thought this was strange because it has never been a requirement as far as I know, and most nurses had not been asked for this. There are many nurses that have had their registration first before applying for their visa. AHPRA are very strange people with each case officer having different requirements off applicants. Hope you get it sorted soon

Hey EmmBee,

Good advice from Kapri there. Personally I choose to apply for a permanent visa (176 Western Aus State Sponsored) which I was recently granted following sitting IELTS then applying for and getting an approved skills assessment. I am now going to apply for registration and look for jobs.

I don't know which is the best route for a newly qualified Nurse - when I started out on my journey I phoned a couple of visa agents (Visa Beuro was one) who were able to advise on the best route for me as they know about all the different types of visas and requirements for each. I ended up doing the whole process myself saving a few pennies, but their initial advice was free and very useful.

Hope this helps xx

Just found a good thread for you to join http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/142421-newly-qualified-nurse-6.html

Archived