AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Guest sarah and neil

hello wonder if anybody could help me with filling the registration forms out. Q26 :have you completed five years full-time equivalent education as outlined above, taught and assessed in english. Does this mean my gcse's and a levels. or do i answer no and then tick yes for satisactory ielts test

thanks confused and didn't want to make simple mistake

sarah

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARRRRRRRGH AHPRA!!!!!

Sent docs June 12, received acknowledgement 6 July, 3wks in and no money taken. Sent an email 27/7 - no reply, telephoned this mornig (5.30 am) got through straight away with no problems and they were really good, however ...... apparently they sent an email on monday 30/7 asking for additional info and I have not received this!!! Have checked every conceivable box, even asked them to resend but they wouldn't until I checked !! so another email and another phone call tomorrow. They have not received uni docs - sent by uni 20/6, so they say they will look for these. they don't like the reference from previous employer, so need to get this sorted but this could be a mjor headache as the PCT has just undergone a major senior staff reshuffle! And they want one from current employer who does not know my plans :(

And they want all this before end of Aug even though I still dont have the email with all the nitty gritty on it - please tell me it will be worth it!

Guest Tink99

I have a PR visa (spousal) but just started looking at registrating for SA nursing board. I worked in NSW 10 years ago (don't know if that helps). Please can anyone help in starting the whole process off. Where do I can the application forms and a list of documents required? I have been on the APHRA website.

I have a PR visa (spousal) but just started looking at registrating for SA nursing board. I worked in NSW 10 years ago (don't know if that helps). Please can anyone help in starting the whole process off. Where do I can the application forms and a list of documents required? I have been on the APHRA website.

Hi, I am not sure but the fact that you were previously registered will make your application easier. I have read somewhere when someone had previously been registered had helped but maybe a phone call to the NSW AHPRA might help clarify your situation specially if you have your old pin number.

I had worked in WA only 4 years ago and it helped not a jot, for me anyway. Had to do exactly the same as a new registrant, SA may be slightly different but shouldn't think so, sorry. Good luck with your application:biggrin:

Guest Penelopepitstop

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would let you all know that I got my ELEGIBILITY to register as a nurse email/letter last week!!! HOORRRRAAAYYYY!!!

Wot a stressful experierience it was waiting....applied on 20/6/12.....extra documents requested by them on 3/7/12....sent and recieved by them on 11/7/12.....I emailed my reg officer on 27/7/12 to see WOTS OCCURRIN!! email back on 30/7/12 to say its gone to her supervisor for further assessment and they will be in touch.....I poop pants slightly and feel sick all day!! Woke up on 31/7/12 to an email of ELEGIBILITY ....have to say the whole time I was emailing my reg officer to tell her what I was doing and how much it had cost.....£100 for notary public .....as they wanted further documents (original letters from HR) notarising....I just did it again...took the notary guy 2 bottles of wine and put my lippy on!!LOL...needless to say he decided not to charge me another £100 !! I also got him to notarise a shed load of other documents they didnt stipulate needed notarising...to be safe. I included a copy of the email correspondence from NMC and UNI that said when they had sent my transcript and verification through to AHPRA so there was none of this 'we have lost your information....!' They cant argue with black and white!! Have to say though the whole experience although stressful....not as much as some of your experiences i agree....it was quite smooth and straightforward...leave nothing to chance...send idiot proof information...more than they ask for and get EVERYTHING notarised and done to their SPECIFICATIONS...I took a copy of their guidelines for verifying documents with me to the notary dude and he was surprised at how particular they were....he did it exactly as they wanted. Keep on keeping on guys......I leave at the end of the month EEK!! Reg at the other end in Perth takes a week...my mate just did it last week and is now grafting her bunns off!!

Much luck and best wishes to all who have kept me sane on this thread...and mostly to Laura Coldwell for starting it!!

Pen xx

Guest aisans

Hi, New to all this so just looking for a little advise. I see people are applying ro different states. I am going to be based in Melbourne so is it true that I can apply anywhere and if so what state is best to apply to for the fastest application process? I dont have my general nursing but am registered in Intellectual Disablity and Childrens Nursing, are both these qualfacations recognised there?

Hi, New to all this so just looking for a little advise. I see people are applying ro different states. I am going to be based in Melbourne so is it true that I can apply anywhere and if so what state is best to apply to for the fastest application process? I dont have my general nursing but am registered in Intellectual Disablity and Childrens Nursing, are both these qualfacations recognised there?

It seems that people get registered more quickly with South Australia and Northern territory, so I advise you to send yours to Darwin.

I applied to Brisbane at the beginning of May and I'm still waiting.

Good luck!

I applied to Brisbane in may mummy Mann. They sent my application to Victoria because of overload. Kept on at them with emails. Have you tried pestering them xxx

They told me at one point my application had also been sent to Victoria then I found out it WAS at Brisbane. I wasnt too happy about that. I have e-mailed and phoned several times but don't seem to get much further.

I did send further documents early July but it had already took them 3 months to ask for those.

I phoned them this morning and was told I should receive an e-mail tomorrow, if not to ring them back Friday. Will wait and see but not holding me breath :0/ xx

They told me at one point my application had also been sent to Victoria then I found out it WAS at Brisbane. I wasnt too happy about that. I have e-mailed and phoned several times but don't seem to get much further.

I did send further documents early July but it had already took them 3 months to ask for those.

I phoned them this morning and was told I should receive an e-mail tomorrow, if not to ring them back Friday. Will wait and see but not holding me breath :0/ xx

Did you email them and tell them their standards state 6-8 weeks maximum. Their standards are what they measure YOU by to register you as a nurse. Other nurses have emailed and complained and if not sorted within a specific time frame have referred the matter to the ombudsman with very speedy results.

Good luck!

Did you email them and tell them their standards state 6-8 weeks maximum. Their standards are what they measure YOU by to register you as a nurse. Other nurses have emailed and complained and if not sorted within a specific time frame have referred the matter to the ombudsman with very speedy results.

Good luck!

I'm not normally one to complain, but I think I am going to have to do something if they don't hurry up! An agency is lining me up for an interview but can't proceed until I've got that darn letter. AHPRA you are the bane of my life at the moment!!!!

AHPRA are also the bane of my life.

I have a case officer and she requested extra documents which I have sent.

However; they have requested proof of visa, which I don't have. My plan was to register with AHPRA then try for a 457 sponsored visa. Queensland health won't allow you to put in an expression of interest until you're registered with AHPRA.

My case officer seemed surprised that I didn't have a visa and said she'd have to speak to her supervisor and get back to me (she hasn't!).

I'm now worried that they won't register me because I haven't got a visa, but I can't apply for a jobs (and therefore a visa) without registration, aaarrgghh!!!

AHPRA are also the bane of my life.

I have a case officer and she requested extra documents which I have sent.

However; they have requested proof of visa, which I don't have. My plan was to register with AHPRA then try for a 457 sponsored visa. Queensland health won't allow you to put in an expression of interest until you're registered with AHPRA.

My case officer seemed surprised that I didn't have a visa and said she'd have to speak to her supervisor and get back to me (she hasn't!).

I'm now worried that they won't register me because I haven't got a visa, but I can't apply for a jobs (and therefore a visa) without registration, aaarrgghh!!!

A visa is NOT a requirement of registration for nursing. I am registered and do not have a visa. The ******* is thinking of the proof of identity docs and hasn't read the whole document, ie the overseas applicant section. :rolleyes: Don't worry about it, what they don't have a clue about was weighted in Gold it could refloat economies..........

If you have a definite job offer in Melbourne then you have to apply to the AHPRA office in Melbourne. If you are just thinking of being based there and don't have a job offer, then you can apply to any AHPRA offfice.

A visa is NOT a requirement of registration for nursing. I am registered and do not have a visa. The ******* is thinking of the proof of identity docs and hasn't read the whole document, ie the overseas applicant section. :rolleyes: Don't worry about it, what they don't have a clue about was weighted in Gold it could refloat economies..........

Oh so true Gilraen :rolleyes:

Aargh! :arghh:

Email received from AHPRA.

My fault this time - I didn't send a certified copy of the photo bit of my driving licence, only the paper bit.

Luckily, the notary has agreed not to charge me to do that bit - I was looking at another £70.

Anyway, I just need to get that done tomorrow and sent off, then hopefully I'll be registered. They have emailed to say that the visa requirement is waived because I don't have one.

I may turn to (even more) drink, if I don't get registered soon :laugh:

Further docs sent and received at AHPRA on 12/7, have sent weekly emails since for an update. Sent another one this morning to someone else,

and low and behold she replied today, with my ELIGIBILITY LETTER dated the 1st Aug. Thrilled to bits as don't have to send anything else, but annoyed as letter should

have been sent 8 days ago and could have reduced my stress level. Just waiting for meds to be finalised then were off.:ssign19:

PS. can someone clarify the extension part of the letter, am I reading to much into it. Do it mean that you have to attend an office before the date they have said in letter, I don't need to do anything else now do I??

Further docs sent and received at AHPRA on 12/7, have sent weekly emails since for an update. Sent another one this morning to someone else,

and low and behold she replied today, with my ELIGIBILITY LETTER dated the 1st Aug. Thrilled to bits as don't have to send anything else, but annoyed as letter should

have been sent 8 days ago and could have reduced my stress level. Just waiting for meds to be finalised then were off.:ssign19:

PS. can someone clarify the extension part of the letter, am I reading to much into it. Do it mean that you have to attend an office before the date they have said in letter, I don't need to do anything else now do I??

Congratulations!!!! :jiggy:You have a year from the issue day ? 1.8.13 or something like that. If you are going to be in Oz to complete later than that contact them and they can extend this.

Congratulations!!!! :jiggy:You have a year from the issue day ? 1.8.13 or something like that. If you are going to be in Oz to complete later than that contact them and they can extend this.

Thanks for reply, was thinking that, thanks for all your previous help. It's such a weight off.:biggrin:

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone can give me some positive info. I applied to AHPRA about 7 months ago but due to lots of problems with them it's still on going!!!! Seriously this has been a nightmare I get more info from my 3 year old. basically they keep saying they have all the right info and my application has been passed to the international board. However when I rang they hadn't even received the right transcripts arrrrrr why can't they give u the right information instead of fobbing you off? Our life is on hold waiting or them to process my application. My concern is i am a diploma nurse with no Ielts. I have evidence that I studied all my life in a Enlish school and university. Will they decline m application to work as an RN? Please help xxxxx

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone can give me some positive info. I applied to AHPRA about 7 months ago but due to lots of problems with them it's still on going!!!! Seriously this has been a nightmare I get more info from my 3 year old. basically they keep saying they have all the right info and my application has been passed to the international board. However when I rang they hadn't even received the right transcripts arrrrrr why can't they give u the right information instead of fobbing you off? Our life is on hold waiting or them to process my application. My concern is i am a diploma nurse with no Ielts. I have evidence that I studied all my life in a Enlish school and university. Will they decline m application to work as an RN? Please help xxxxx

Have you been phoning them or emailing?

If emailing that means you have tried to address this with APHRA in writing. Contact the APHRA ombusman and complain; their standards/legislation state overseas assessments take 4-6 weeks.

Lots of Nurses have only diplomas, some don't even have that and are registered. Good luck! :biggrin:

I got the impression ( from other posts) that you aren`t in Australia now. How did you get your registration? I sent them an email saying that I won`t have a permanent address and job offer when I present to the office because I will only be coming for a validation/vacation trip and than move later. They sent me back a reply with the docs I need to bring to the office to get registered including job offer and tenant agreement/ utility bill:wacko:

Oh yes!!!!! Finally got my E-MAIL OF ELIGIBILITY. :0D

The e-mail was sent on the 6th August. When I phoned tonight the gentleman told me an e-mail had been sent on the 6th and it turned out it had gone to my junk box. No idea why this happened as other e-mails I have received from AHPRA have been received in my inbox.

So relieved this is over!! Just need to finalise the sale of our house and then OZ here we come.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting and remember check your junk box ;0) xx

Archived