AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hi all,

As mentioned, I am just starting out on my quest for registration - to be honest I thought it was going to be a breeze after all that I've achieved so far and without much problem, I feel I have been quite naive on this after reading this thread!

Have many of you done skills assessment first then had your file transferred and what are your experiences of this? Trying to even remember which documents were sent as part of the skills assessment is an effort. Don't know whether to just do everything afresh as my skills assessment is 2 years old come October.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

As mentioned, I am just starting out on my quest for registration - to be honest I thought it was going to be a breeze after all that I've achieved so far and without much problem, I feel I have been quite naive on this after reading this thread!

Have many of you done skills assessment first then had your file transferred and what are your experiences of this? Trying to even remember which documents were sent as part of the skills assessment is an effort. Don't know whether to just do everything afresh as my skills assessment is 2 years old come October.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

AHPRA didn't accept my verification of registration which was forwarded onto them from the ANMAC. I have had to request one to be sent directly to them. IELTS and Uni transcripts I believe they have been accepted.

Guest EmmBee

Thank you!! forgot to mention my skill is direct entry midwife, not nursing. Is this the same process? I will look into all of this in my next few days off"

Congratulations Yerrick!

I have finally posted all my docs to AHPRA Adelaide last Monday and they recieved them on Friday,

Does anyone know how long I should wait before I start chasing things and also when do I get NMC to send out the letter of good standing, do i get a reference number from AHPRA to pass on to NMC?

Many thanks to all you guys who helped me with gathering everything! :)

Congratulations Yerrick!

I have finally posted all my docs to AHPRA Adelaide last Monday and they recieved them on Friday,

Does anyone know how long I should wait before I start chasing things and also when do I get NMC to send out the letter of good standing, do i get a reference number from AHPRA to pass on to NMC?

Now you have posted your application I would request NMC to send your verification of registration. Not sure if you know but you will need to request an application form which can take up to 10 days for you to receive. Once you have sent the application back to them and payed the £34 they will then send it out to AHPRA. I did not get a reference number. Good luck hope your wait is not to long. Mines been 4 months so far but then I did send mine to Brisbane :0/ x

Guest catcat87

Hey all,

Thanks to this thread my head isnt as fryed as it was. I have written down all of the suggestions etc.

So im a qualifies intellectual disability nurse from ireland. Moving to Melbourne in Dec 2012.

I know it takes weeks even months to receive conformation back from AHPHRA.

However can anyone tell me should i send it to Melbourne or is there smaller offices I can send them to that will still be in the

same state etc, or do i have to send them to Melbourne.

Look forward to the replies :)

Guest catcat87

also sorry now ha more confusion.

In section G: Agent authorisation........ who or what is that??

u'd need a degree in filling out forms for this thing!

Guest walshysj

Hi well I sent my application off 26th April received in office 8/may 2012 apparently they emailed me on the 9/may but I found out 2 months later it was to the wrong email address!!!! SO NOT IMPRESSED but hey after emailing and phoning error rectified and today 23rd July I received my email confirming eligibility so am now on the next hurdle and this was all sent to the Perth office.

Hey all,

Thanks to this thread my head isnt as fryed as it was. I have written down all of the suggestions etc.

So im a qualifies intellectual disability nurse from ireland. Moving to Melbourne in Dec 2012.

However can anyone tell me should i send it to Melbourne or is there smaller offices I can send them to that will still be in the

Send to Darwin or Adelaide. They seem to be processing applications a lot quicker than the other offices. Good luck

Congratulations Yerrick!

thank you!

i requested my NMC even before i posted my docs to AHPRA and it was at the AHPRA before they received my application. good thing it was not misplaced. i started chasing them when i received confirmation that they have my docs already. i emailed them using their web enquiry form asking if there are still docs that they needed.

good luck!

thank you!

i requested my NMC even before i posted my docs to AHPRA and it was at the AHPRA before they received my application. good thing it was not misplaced. i started chasing them when i received confirmation that they have my docs already. i emailed them using their web enquiry form asking if there are still docs that they needed.

good luck!

Me too, and I included a certified copy of the letter the NMC sent me, notifying me of it, in in application papers so they could match it all up. :biggrin: The only thing that didn't go in advance was the Uni syllabus transcript, it took a little bit longer to arrive.

Guest catcat87
Send to Darwin or Adelaide. They seem to be processing applications a lot quicker than the other offices. Good luck

Thanks for the reply :)

So even that Darwin is in a different state to Melbourne i can still send it there? the reason im weird about that is because I think there is 2 different registration forms for oz, one for one part such as the AHPHRA n another. Not to worry neway il just send it wen i get all these docs together.

What has ANMAC got to do with this reg process?? confused as what i need to ask from them etc

thanks

Cathy

Hey all,

also sorry now ha more confusion.

In section G: Agent authorisation........ who or what is that??

u'd need a degree in filling out forms for this thing!

I know that you are moving to Melbourne but do you have a job offer there yet? If you have a defintie job offer then you have to submit your AHPRA application to the office in that State ie Melbourne. If you don't have a job offer, you can submit to any AHPRA office and Darwin and Adelaide do seem to be the fastest.

The agent section on the form only needs to be completed if you are using an agent to deal with all your emigration paperwork, if you are doing everything yourself, then leave this blank.

Good luck with it all :smile:

Guest rlf504

Hey Guys, Im a little annoyed............

Heres my experience;

1) Sent off Application to Brisbane Office 10th May 2012

2) AHPRA took money 23rd May 2012

3) Received e-mail from AHPRA notifying me they had received my application 25th May 2012

4) Rang AHPRA for update on my application 22nd June 2012- They told me everything was on track and they were just waiting for police check.

5) Sent online enquiry 3rd July asking for update on my application - They told me overseas applications are processed in date order and due to their complexity, these applications can take longer than the standard 4-6 week timeframe.

6) Received e-mail 25th July 2012 - telling me my application was incomplete and they now required furthur evidence of being taught and assessed in English as an NVQ level 3 2 year course and 3 years Nursing Diploma education was not sufficient. Now they want a letter from my secondary school and its the 6 week holiday!!!!!! They also want a professional reference which it mentioned nothing about in the application form only statement of services. They have also asked for visa application evidence which I dont have because I cannot apply for jobs until i have my registration and cannot apply for 457 without a sponsored job.

7) Sent an e-mail back asking why my NVQ certs and accompanying letter from my course leader and Diploma award letter stating I had been taught and assessed in English for 5+ years was not sufficient? and that i could not provide visa evidence.

8)Received e-mail back today saying if i did not provide the evidence they required my application would be withdrawn.

Sooooooooooooooooo pretty annoyed. Any1 else had similar problems?

Bex xxx

Heres my experience;

3) Received e-mail from AHPRA notifying me they had received my application 25th May 2012

4) Rang AHPRA for update on my application 22nd June 2012- They told me everything was on track and they were just waiting for police check.

5) Sent online enquiry 3rd July asking for update on my application - They told me overseas applications are processed in date order and due to their complexity, these applications can take longer than the standard 4-6 week timeframe.

6) Received e-mail 25th July 2012 - telling me my application was incomplete and they now required furthur evidence of being taught and assessed in English as an NVQ level 3 2 year course and 3 years Nursing Diploma education was not sufficient. Now they want a letter from my secondary school and its the 6 week holiday!!!!!! They also want a professional reference which it mentioned nothing about in the application form only statement of services. They have also asked for visa application evidence which I dont have because I cannot apply for jobs until i have my registration and cannot apply for 457 without a sponsored job.

7) Sent an e-mail back asking why my NVQ certs and accompanying letter from my course leader and Diploma award letter stating I had been taught and assessed in English for 5+ years was not sufficient? and that i could not provide visa evidence.

8)Received e-mail back today saying if i did not provide the evidence they required my application would be withdrawn.

Bex xxx

I applied back in march to brisbane and they didn't contact me for further information until 3 months later!! They also wanted proof of my visa, so I sent this and a load of other identity documents. Also NMC verification letter which they would not accept from the ANMAC. It's very frustrating but worse for you because of the 6 week school hols. Good luck hope you get things sorted x

Hi

I have received an emil this morning to say that no further documents are required and that my application is being escalated for assessment by a supervisor. Is this usual?. If so any idea how long it takes roughly from this point? I applied to Perth office. :huh:

Heres my experience;

Bex xxx

I can understand your frustration but lots of nurses go on a 457 visa there must be someone out there who has had similar problems. I would try a 457 thread or contact DIAC to see what the procedure is for applying for this visa.

Good Luck!!

Heres my experience;

Bex xxx

Complete a Statutory Declaration stating you were educated at such and such a school, between dates XXXXXX and XXXXXX, were taught and assessed in English in front of a notary or JP and send that.

Also ask them why a visa is required at this stage when the standards do not require a visa for eligiblity to be given and that on arrival in Brisbane you can attend APHRA and present your passport and visa to complete registration, and quote APHRA's own Proof of identity requirements:

What special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia?At application, individuals who are applying from overseas and who are unable to provide evidence from each of the categories, must meet the minimum identity requirements of:

• a certified copy of an overseas passport (an EU card is not acceptable)

• if the applicant has ever been formally known by another name, or provides documentary evidence in support of their application in another name — a certified copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce papers, deed poll).

Applications from overseas applicants will be assessed only on receipt of the relevant evidence of identity, and an otherwise complete application (all supporting documentation provided and declarations made).

Following assessment the applicant will be advised if they are eligible for registration. Those eligible applicants who only provided the minimum identity requirements, and/or medical practitioners applying for limited registration (see below) will only be granted registration upon personal presentation at an AHPRA Office with the following evidence:

• If arrived in Australia within the previous 6 weeks:

o original foreign passport or travel document with current Australian visa and proof of date of arrival (e.g. entry stamp); plus

o evidence of their current residential address, an original signed statement from a prospective employer/sponsor verifying the identity of the applicant OR an original offer of employment.

• If arrived in Australia more than 6 weeks prior to attendance — evidence that meets the requirements in Categories A, B, C and D.

Good luck. Do not let them intimidate you. They are bound by their own rules. :biggrin:

Got my eligibility letter this morning too. I have been really lucky with the person in charge of my application. I have had straight forward instructions and good communication throughout. (Perth office).

Best of luck to all those still waiting :wink:

Whoop!! Finally got my eligibility letter this morning. What a stressful process that was but got there in the end. Good luck to all you may applicants still waiting x

Got my eligibility letter this morning too. I have been really lucky with the person in charge of my application. I have had straight forward instructions and good communication throughout. (Perth office).

Best of luck to all those still waiting :wink:

Congratulations to you both :smile:

Hi there, me and my wife are 2 registered nurses from Portugal starting the process to work in Australia, we have a doubt regarding the transcript of training required by Aphra. I went to my school and the document they had was a doc with 200 pages, is this it, can anyone tell me how a transcript of training looks like?

Thanks guys.

Archived