AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hey everyone,

I was thinking it might be a good idea to get a thread going on AHPRA applications submitted in May. Kind of like the monthly visa threads. I thought we could include when we posted it, when we recieved confirmation and which office we sent it to. That way we can all compare where we are at with our applications and see which office is most efficient at processing applications. Hopefully it will help future AHPRA applicants too.

So ill go first.............

Posted 25/4/12

Confirmation of application recieved 7/5/12

Posted to the Adelaide office.

I know I have got a long wait ahead BUT I think my application is spot on so hopefully it wont take as long. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

:jiggy:

Muchess Love,

Laura Coldwell.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laura,

Lovely thread to keep track of things.

I sent my application to AHPRA PERTH on the 24/04/2012

Got a letter on 08/05/2012 stating they needed NMC Verification and letter from employer by the 08/06/2012 or else my application would be disregarded.

The thing is, I requested my NMC Verification in March and this was sent to AHPRA on the 12/04/2012, which was prior to AHPRA receiving my application so they are saying they didn't get it. NMC says verification should be requested when you know AHPRA have your application otherwise they won't keep it. So i have had to pay anothe £34 for another verification!

AHPRA have sent me a list of what is required in the Professional Reference from employer, most of which was included in my original letter and some which is not on the AHPRA application form.

As time is not on my side, i guesse i will have to ask the boss to do another letter and send it off again!

Hi Laura,

Got a letter on 08/05/2012 stating they needed NMC Verification and letter from employer by the 08/06/2012 or else my application would be disregarded.

The thing is, I requested my NMC Verification in March and this was sent to AHPRA on the 12/04/2012, which was prior to AHPRA receiving my application so they are saying they didn't get it. NMC says verification should be requested when you know AHPRA have your application otherwise they won't keep it. So i have had to pay anothe £34 for another verification!

AHPRA have sent me a list of what is required in the Professional Reference from employer, most of which was included in my original letter and some which is not on the AHPRA application form.

As time is not on my side, i guesse i will have to ask the boss to do another letter and send it off again!

Hi , I'm applying this week. Could you please let me know if possible the list of information that Aphra wanted in your employers reference . As I don't want to get this wrong .

Good luck + many thanks

Hi , I'm applying this week. Could you please let me know if possible the list of information that Aphra wanted in your employers reference . As I don't want to get this wrong .

Good luck + many thanks

I have attached the list for you below

Professional Reference Letter - A current nursing/midwifery professional reference from a senior nurse/midwife with a supervisory role in relation to your nursing/midwifery employment. The reference should be on official employer letterhead, dated and signed and contain the following information:

- dates of employment.

- attest to your safe and competent practice as a nurse/midwife

- state the level/grade of position.

- indicate whether your employment is/was full time or part time.

- state the duties and scope of the role.

- indicate the practice setting.

- state whether you work/ed in a supervised or unsupervised capacity.

- detail the experience gained in the role e.g clinical, education, research, management.

Hi Laura,

That is not the information that has been shared by other members!!!! I have read often that APHRA cannot be bothered to check information on file and when challenged they can 'find' the previously missing document. :mad:

Hi Everybody,

what a great thread to have! My partner and I have been issued with a permanent 176 Visa, we land in Melbourne on May 30th. I got my visa as a spouse. I will be presenting at the Melbourne Office of AHPRA, with the required documentation, to begin the process of securing my registration. I figured I would rather do it from Melbourne than stress about doing it from this end. What a confusing and messy process this seems to be.... I caledl to query if it was acceptable to come to their office with the original documents and copies for them to verify and they said this was acceptable. I figured to find and pay for a notary public in the UK was way too stressful and expensive, so I'm hoping its still the case when I get there that they will be happy to verify. Will keep you all posted!

My only question: Looking at the application form, it requests a detailed CV, showing full practice history. Am I reading this correctly as being that my CV only needs to go as far back as when I became a registered nurse in the UK? Not my full employment history, prior to qualifying? :frown:

Hi Everybody,

what a great thread to have! My partner and I have been issued with a permanent 176 Visa, we land in Melbourne on May 30th. I got my visa as a spouse. I will be presenting at the Melbourne Office of AHPRA, with the required documentation, to begin the process of securing my registration. I figured I would rather do it from Melbourne than stress about doing it from this end. What a confusing and messy process this seems to be.... I caledl to query if it was acceptable to come to their office with the original documents and copies for them to verify and they said this was acceptable. I figured to find and pay for a notary public in the UK was way too stressful and expensive, so I'm hoping its still the case when I get there that they will be happy to verify. Will keep you all posted!

My only question: Looking at the application form, it requests a detailed CV, showing full practice history. Am I reading this correctly as being that my CV only needs to go as far back as when I became a registered nurse in the UK? Not my full employment history, prior to qualifying? :frown:

APHRA CV is different to job application CV. It is about your nursing career. Get your statement of service sorted before you arrive in Oz. Harder to chase this up from there. :biggrin: Good luck with APHRA etc

Hey Guys,

Nice to see the thread is getting used even though I didnt get any new emails :(

It is nice to see that we are all not alone in the AHPRA nightmare and that we have each other for support when it feels like things are not moving. :arghh:

With regards to getting it over there: I am sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news (please bear in mind this is one case) my friend has just moved over there and she is married to an Australian. I know she had to work as a HSW for months as AHPRA messed her about too :(

For the CV-I googled AHPRA CV format and it came up. If it helps I can send mine along with my CPD??

xx

Guest aoneill

Hi all,

i have applied to Sydney office LAST SEPT 2011, payment took Oct and here I am still no reg through as yet.Then about 16 weeks later I received email they had mislaid all my ods, I had to resend them all again. I have phoned, sent emails every 2 days to them, same old crap - due to high volume applying.........ba ba ba. That's not my problem, they took my payment and I want my reg... it's easy. So, now at the end of my ranter, and have lodged a formal complaint to Ahpra just posted it today. Just fed up with Ahpra. Don';t know if it is a good thing complaining or not, it might just totally pissed them all, a taste of their of own medicine. lol. Now a waiting game. So please don't applications to Sydney office, due to backlog. xxx

Hi all!

Good idea for the thread :)

20/04/2012- Sent my application to Adelaide APHRA office

01/05/2012- Recieved confirmation letter from APHRA to say they have recieved my application

03/05/2012- Full payment taken from my account by APHRA (£354.83)

08/05/2012- Email recieved from uni to say transcript posted to APHRA on 26/04/2012

I have emailed NMC today to find out if they have sent my letter of good standing. I am going to wait two weeks from APHRAs confirmation or reciept of my application and then ring them if I have not heard anything xx

Guest aoneill

Hi Helent113,

Hopefully Adelaide office, are more efficient than Sydney. Are you hoping to go to Adelaide?. I am hoping to go to Sydney, I am married with 2 children. I had a telephone interview away back in Feb and have secured a job, but can't apply for 457 visa withput Ahpra reg. Catch 22. Goodluck. xx

After spending 2 hard months getting together everything I needed for APHRA and making sure everything was perfect before sending it, I have been sent a letter this morning saying that because I have been registered previously in Australia (3 years ago) I should not have used the application form that I did (AGOS-40) and that it is another form I have to complete. They have sent my whole application back to me and said I have to fill out another form and send different things. ARGHHHHHHHHH!! :arghh:

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it off my chest!

Time to start the application process again....

Hi,

I applied for a 175 visa, which meant I needed to have my skills assessed by ANMAC. This took ages about 7 months but AHPRA was really quick. I sent my CV and application form to Adelaide and had ANMAC transfer my documents. All in all it only took 16 days!!

Application sent 17.05.12

Received 27.04.11

Documents from ANMAC received 2.05.11

Registration granted 4.05.11

Now to sell the house and make the BIG move!! Excited!!!

Hiya,

Surprise surprise, had an email this morning from AHPRA saying they have now found my NMC Certificate of Good Standing. It was stored under an alternate name???? I wonder whose name!!! which means what NMC said about AHPRA getting rid of docs sent prior to applications is untrue. The however still require a detailed professional reference covering ALL the points she requested as my case officer says that they are geting stricter on the final assessments.

Hey Guys,

I need some advice and I hope that one of you may know the answer?.........

So I applied for my AHPRA at Adelaide office as I THOUGHT that was where we may be going. So today I got a letter through from Darwin Royal offering me a job. Its an official offer letter and I have heard that if this is the case then your AHPRA gets through faster. So now I am wondering what to do. I didnt think I would get this job abd now I have I really want to take it, well I am going to take it. Should I just send my offer letter to AHPRA in Adelaide or will they then make me do the application again and send it to Darwin or will they just process it in Adelaide??

Thanks any help will be much appreciated. xx

I would notify the AHPRA office in Adelaide that you have now received a firm offer of a job in Darwin (enclose a copy of the offer) and let them decide how they want to progress your application. It may be that they will now forward it to the NT office for asssessment of your registration.

Good luck with the new job :smile:

Hi Guys

This is a great thread. I am hoping to lodge my AHPRA application this month and just wanted to check if the following list is everything I need to send:

AGOS - 40 application form

Passport copy

Driving Licence copy (paper and photocard)

Birth certificate

Marriage certificate (as i have changed my surname)

Bank statement

CV - signed and dated as a true copy

University transcript

letter from secondary school to say that i was taught in english

cpd log for last 5 years

Certificates from education - degree cert, gcse, a level etc

Certificates of training - basic life support, mandatory training, etc

statement of services previous jobs

NMC statement of entry

Will contact NMC for certificate of good standing when my application has been recieved

is there anything that i have missed? do i need to send professional refrences as well?

Many thanks for all your help

good luck with your registrations :)

p.s the ones in bold are what documents i am still waiting for

Edited by pinkroses

Looks like everything pinkroses - can't think of anything else - that's all the documents I have lined up ready to go.

Don't forget that all document copies must be notarised by either a notary public or JP if you're based outside of Australia - AHPRA are very fussy. I'm sure that you've done your CV according to the AHPRA guidelines - I'm just thinking aloud, so to speak.

Good luck with your application - hoping to get mine in within the next week, fingers crossed.

Hey everyone,

I was thinking it might be a good idea to get a thread going on AHPRA applications submitted in May. Kind of like the monthly visa threads. I thought we could include when we posted it, when we recieved confirmation and which office we sent it to. That way we can all compare where we are at with our applications and see which office is most efficient at processing applications. Hopefully it will help future AHPRA applicants too.

So ill go first.............

Posted 25/4/12

Confirmation of application recieved 7/5/12

Posted to the Adelaide office.

I know I have got a long wait ahead BUT I think my application is spot on so hopefully it wont take as long. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

:jiggy:

Muchess Love,

Laura Coldwell.

Hey Guys,

So i logged onto my email today to find an email from AHPRA. Before I open it i think to myself "god, what have I missed off"....Instead I find "THE ASSESSMENT IS NOW COMPLETE, AND YOU ARE CONSIDERED ELIGABLE FOR REGISTRATION AS A MENTAL HEALTH NURSE IN AUSTRALIA"

All I have to do is present at the AHPRA office within 12 months and get my registration. I can NOT believe it has taken 16 days from posting the application for getting my 'in principle'!! I actually dont know what I am going to do, I didnt expect it to take this amount of time and Im not apply for my visa until September!!

Despite my little dilemma I am SO pleased!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fantastic news Laura - well done :biggrin:

Aw thank you so much, I seriously can not believe it! Its insane that it has taken just 16 days. Good luck with yours, im going to keep my eye on this thread. I hope it helps people decide which office to apply to in the future too xxxxx

Aw thank you so much, I seriously can not believe it! Its insane that it has taken just 16 days. Good luck with yours, im going to keep my eye on this thread. I hope it helps people decide which office to apply to in the future too xxxxx

Congratulations. Fantastic news!!! I do regret sending mine to the Brisbane office. Posted end of feb and no news on principle letter. I won't be heading to oz till at least October but would still be nice to have it for applying for jobs