AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Guest vicky2011

Hi Guys

Advice...if I were thinking about contacting hospitals directly I figured that if I have registration from AHPRA in place this would be my first best bet?! Then if there was any posts could sort out visa from there..? I've completed IELTS although I'm not sure I needed it as you can get statement from school I believe. The application to AHPRA seems like a first big hurdle just getting all the information together.

Also I have recently changed jobs..when it asks for last five years will I need to go back to previous employer as I wa with them three and half years and only with new employer since beginning of year?:yes:

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that mine was taken in total $540 - £364 approx ??? Which office was this at?? :unsure:

not all mine was taken when I got letter of eligibility i have to pay rest when i present at an ahpra office. My application was at Adeliade but the job is NSW so will find their office when i get there..my case officer said the reason they only took assessment fee as I only pay the rest when it is activated as it lasts a year from activation.. who knows I know I have more money and I am sure when I arrive there will be one more thing!

not all mine was taken when I got letter of eligibility i have to pay rest when i present at an ahpra office. My application was at Adeliade but the job is NSW so will find their office when i get there..my case officer said the reason they only took assessment fee as I only pay the rest when it is activated as it lasts a year from activation.. who knows I know I have more money and I am sure when I arrive there will be one more thing!

Oh not sure about this..................mine was at Darwin. I think I will ask APHRA why. :smile:

Guest EMhinds

It took me six months to get my AHPRA eligibility letter of registration. I had to constantly call them and they seem not to bother, but it eventually worked. I was often told that there was a backlog going back as far as September last year. I got a job offer and even my 457 Nomination approved before AHPRA eventually decided to email me with the eligibility letter of reg. You got to keep on ringing them otherwise nothing will be done. By the way they will make no mistake of taking money from your account as soon as they receive your application . BEWARE!!!

AHPRA 03/01/12

JOB OFFER 14/03/12

ELIGIBILITY OFFER 8/06/12

It took me six months to get my AHPRA eligibility letter of registration. I had to constantly call them and they seem not to bother, but it eventually worked. I was often told that there was a backlog going back as far as September last year. I got a job offer and even my 457 Nomination approved before AHPRA eventually decided to email me with the eligibility letter of reg. You got to keep on ringing them otherwise nothing will be done. By the way they will make no mistake of taking money from your account as soon as they receive your application . BEWARE!!!

AHPRA 03/01/12

JOB OFFER 14/03/12

ELIGIBILITY OFFER 8/06/12

Which office EMHinds? Congratulations on getting it in the end :biggrin:

Guest Lisa26
Oh not sure about this..................mine was at Darwin. I think I will ask APHRA why. :smile:

They took all of mine too. I sent mine to Melbourne. I was hoping after hearing that others only got charged part of their fee that it meant they were happy with what I had included....maybe not!!! Think I'll give them a ring at the 6 weeks mark if I haven't heard anything by then. If you have spoken to them about this I'd be pleased to hear the outcome!!

hi all!

got an email from AHPRA requesting additional docs:

1. university transcript- sent a certified copy of uni transcript but still AHPRA requested another with breakdown of hours.. anybody who can send me a template of "AHPRA transcript"? much appreciated

2. IELTS result dated 21 March 2009- british council would not send results which are already expired. is it ok if I send my copy of the original

result?

3. Statement of service- the statement of service i sent from my previous employer lacks details(# of hrs in week/annum, etc.); needs to secure again which takes them forever to release

4. Professional references from NHS

5. Overseas Nurses Program/Adaptation Course evidence- what evidence will i provide? where will i get this?

any input is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

submitted docs: 22 May 2012

Received by AHPRA via tracking system: 28 May 2012

Received confirmation receipt from AHPRA: 4 June 2012

Request for additional docs: 13 June 2012

hi yerrick

Your uni transcript must show a breakdown of the hours for each module studied, the number of hours on nursing placements etc. Did you just send the document that you received from uni when you qualified? If so, this does not give enough information. You will need to contact your university and request an academic transcript from them - usually you have to pay for this. Most universities that offer nursing courses are fully aware of what infromation AHPRA require.

If you require IELTS eg your secondary education was not completed in one of the exempted countries - then you will need to resit the test as the results are only valid for 2 years at the moment.

The details of what is needed for the employer's statement of service can be found on the AHPRA application form AGOS40 Section 13.

There has been a post recently on the PIO forum about adaptation courses - see Jobs and Careers - Ahpra advice on applying for nursing registration!!! post numbers #13 #15 #16 There is also a link to the DIAC website http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/visa-options-nurses.htm with a section at the bottom of the page - Improving your skills.

Hope this is of some help.

hi yerrick

Your uni transcript must show a breakdown of the hours for each module studied, the number of hours on nursing placements etc. Did you just send the document that you received from uni when you qualified? If so, this does not give enough information. You will need to contact your university and request an academic transcript from them - usually you have to pay for this. Most universities that offer nursing courses are fully aware of what infromation AHPRA require.

If you require IELTS eg your secondary education was not completed in one of the exempted countries - then you will need to resit the test as the results are only valid for 2 years at the moment.

The details of what is needed for the employer's statement of service can be found on the AHPRA application form AGOS40 Section 13.

There has been a post recently on the PIO forum about adaptation courses - see Jobs and Careers - Ahpra advice on applying for nursing registration!!! post numbers #13 #15 #16 There is also a link to the DIAC website http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/visa-options-nurses.htm with a section at the bottom of the page - Improving your skills.

Hope this is of some help.

Thank you so much for the info. Will be starting to sort things out.

Guest Kayleigh88

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Alison28 viewpost-right.png

Hi Shelly,

My application was received on 21.5.12, the transaction for payment was processed on 31.5.12 and the money taken on 1.6.12. Not all the money was taken though, just 380AUD which equates to the application fees. Still 160AUD to pay which I presume is the registration fee.

They took $380 dollars from my account too recently, i figured that must be the processing and application fees, sent mine to Perth, sooooooo are we just waiting for them to give us our registration and then theyll take the reg fee? The only communication Ive had from them is an email to say they have received and are processing my application, I thought if they'd taken some money from me we must be getting somewhere ?????

Guest Penelopepitstop

Hi sunbeam and kayleigh88, I posted all my stuff off yesterday...now the wait begins!!! Have to say

its been as stressfull as prepping for an exam! And its all the little extra costs involved too

like uni transcript,NMC verification getting documents notarised....all that alone with postage

comes to £207.......never mind the AHPRA costage!! Thank god for bank shifts is all I can say

Plus.....not finished yet! Gettin the c.v. in order.....and letter from HR who incidentally lost 2

whole years of my career due to migration of ESR!! Which i am so glad I kept original appointment

letters ....as they wanted ME

to prove my career history..! ...my journey so far has very nearly had me sectioned!!But thought it better to sort it out here( due to go over Sept)

So now I wait with everyone else.......I am not defeated and refuse to be...I wana live in the sun :-) xx

Hi pen and everyone else

This is is a great sight for airing out your frustrations, as we have all been, or going through the same thing. Just focus on this time in 4 (or insert your own timeline) months all this will be a distant memory as you spend your days off on the beach! I am also hoping for September (2012) Perth bound. Where are you heading?

sunbeam:smile:

Guest Penelopepitstop

Hello Sunbeam,

We are goin to Busselton...2 hours or so from Perth. Thats where Husbando has been offered his base.(overhead linesman) Looks lovely...massive Jetty thing and cant wait!! Like you said though...next few months to contend with...hope AHPRA dont make it too stressful for me...:wub:

Pen

:mad::cry: APHRA have emailed me this morning requesting documents I have already sent!! They want certified copies of eveything-even tho I have already sent them, they want a statement of service from an agency I worked for in Australia, even tho there application form clearly states they only want statement of service from companies OUTSIDE australia. They want a letter of good standing from the NMC which was sent about two months ago. and wort of all it looks like they have sent my application to SYDNEY!!!!!!!!! I am so mad. I sent it to adelaide so it should not be at sydney. Thats where they have asked me to send all documents to withinh 30 days. I hate APHRA!

That all sounds a bit odd helent113 :huh:

Did you send all your documents with your application form originally? Have you checked with the NMC that the certificate of good standing has been posted (we had a letter from them confirming that it had been done) ?

As for where your application ends up, which AHPRA office, I think that ends up as a lottery - we posted ours to the Adelaide office, via Airsure so we could check on delivery, but the online checker kept referring only to Melbourne (not where we wanted) :no: .

Perhaps you could phone AHPRA and actually speak to someone and check on all of this as I know other forum users have had similar problems and once they rang, the documents all magically reappeared.

Good luck with it all.

:mad::cry: APHRA have emailed me this morning requesting documents I have already sent!! They want certified copies of eveything-even tho I have already sent them, they want a statement of service from an agency I worked for in Australia, even tho there application form clearly states they only want statement of service from companies OUTSIDE australia. They want a letter of good standing from the NMC which was sent about two months ago. and wort of all it looks like they have sent my application to SYDNEY!!!!!!!!! I am so mad. I sent it to adelaide so it should not be at sydney. Thats where they have asked me to send all documents to withinh 30 days. I hate APHRA!

Helen Val is right, query it with them as they do ask for things without really checking. As to sending to Sydney did you complete the question re State as SA? If you put NSW they will automatically send to that state's office??

Have you worked inside Australia in the last 5 years?

Thanks for the replies Val and Gil, I'm guna stay up tonight and phone them. not sure whats going on! Iv checked back through my stuff and it was adelaide office that replied a few weeks ago to say they have recieved my application but its Sydney office that have emailed me this time asking for more stuff to be sent to the sydney office. Hopefully a phone call will sort it all out. will let you know! X