AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

HEYYYYYYYYYYY I got my confirmation email .............. I am registered and now just have to sell enough tickets in my house raffle and then I can go back home .......... Its taken a good 12 months from start to finish , mainly because they mistyped my email address and archived my file and took a trip home to sort it and find out the solicitor who had signed all my docs was not suitable so had to get them all signed by a JP at the loacal court house ...... all 76 docs and only cost £25 and then posting it all back to Oz 3 months ago.............................

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIGHTMARE UPDATE: This whole APHRA process is so stressful!After telling u all last week about aphra wanting more documents and my application being sent to sydney from adelaide iv had to do the following:

19/6-spoke to someone on the phone abou the requested documents who couldnt answer any of my questions and said he would get a manager to email me within 2 working days with the answers-still not recieved that email!

20/6 spoke to the nmc to ask them to send another letter of good standing as ahpra saying they havent recieved it.Spoke to the NMC who wont send another without APHRA emailing them directly (god help me trying to get that email sent!!)

27/06- called APHRA to ask why no reply from a manager, was told i had to be put through to adelaide office because thats where i sent my application. Spoke to adelaide-they said they couldnt help because my application is in sydney and by that point the sydney office had closed!

28/6 Phoned sydney office- Been told i now have to arrange to do a stat declaration to prove I worked for an agency in australia in 2008. I have emailed this agency twice over the last week and phoned them and still they have not even acknowledged that they need to send a statement of service to save me having to do a stat declaration. o and ahpra also want all my pay slips from 2008 as well to go with the stat dec!

I arrive in oz in 4 weeks and the chances of registration before then are looking pretty slim :(

Hope everyone else sint having too much of a nightmare!xx

Phone NMC and ask them for the tracking reference for the statement of good standing (they sent them signature on delivery). I asked for mine and the sent me the details. You will then be able to see if AHPRA received it. If they did then I'm sure they will be able to 'find' it!

I already sent the instructions to Notary, I thought it indicated certifying each copy, there was no mention about attaching a notarial cetificate to each copy. Can you tell me exactly what yours did, sorry to keep asking only I want to get it right first time if possible, lindinurse

The notary that signed my docs, stamped and signed all the main documents and if there were several pages for example the uni transcript then the front copy was signed and stamped and the other pages (of the same document) were just initialled.

After 6 weeks wait I have finally received uni transcript and syllabus ... However despite asking the uni haven't included theory hours or clinical hours or syllabus for ru directives/ cross branch covering maternity , ld, mental health and paediatrics , I'm so frustrated!

Can anyone tell me how they proved the eu directives/ cross branch , and if you can just state total number if theory / clinical hours or if you need s full breakdown of every module and state hours for each module / clinical? what format does aphra want?

do you think it would be okay for me to type a list of my placements ? I was with Plymouth uni and they are not being very helpful! Thanks x

My uni transcript listed the hours I undertook for each branch placement/module. It may be worth going back to your uni and making it clear exactly what you need them to provide, especially if you have had to pay for it! Try giving them a time frame.. it worked for me!

Hi all

I sent all my docs to the Brisbane office and got an email on 11th May to say they had been received.

They have not taken any money and I haven't heard any more from them. Do you think it's too soon to phone? It's been just over 4 weeks.

Never too soon to phone! lets them know you are still there waiting....!

Hi everyone, could anyone that has been successful let me know about statement of service letters. Ahpra have contacted me requesting letter. I sent 2 one from HR and one from line manager (more a reference really If I remember as all done last April for ANAMC.) Is it dates of service/pay/FT-PT/permeanent? Or does it need to go into detail about job specifics ie, clinical/managerial. Can't find anything and don't want to have extra docs notarised if don't need to. Also for the CV, does the Notary just need to witness my signiture is that right. Sorry but can't find info, and who better to ask, thats you guys.:confused:

Edited by shelly23

Rang the AHPRA office this morning - they are still assessing my case. I was told that this can take up to 3 months for international applicants - I thought it was 6 weeks maximum - carry on waiting and remain in limbo then I guess :sad:

Hold on in there Val.... I suppose they've got to say that time scale as worst case senario otherwise we'd all be on the phone everyday! We know by this thread that Adelaide have put the apps through pretty quick. Try and enjoy your weekend..... it was the only time I slept well haha. x

Guest Lisa26
Rang the AHPRA office this morning - they are still assessing my case. I was told that this can take up to 3 months for international applicants - I thought it was 6 weeks maximum - carry on waiting and remain in limbo then I guess :sad:

Don't worry Val, I phoned APHRA for the same reason, and was told exactly the same. BUT surprisingly enough I did get an email the very next day requesting more information, so maybe the phone call does push someone to pull their finger out

Guest Lisa26

Can I please have some advice guys??.....

I need to know if I've got a jobsworth case officer for my application at AHPRA; He's requested that I send him a uni transcript with theoretical hours/components, clinical hours/components etc...BUT I believe I've already provided this.

I've sent a very comprehensive transcript which includes all the module content, and learning outcomes from each clinical placement. It lists each clinical placement and hours for each placement. It lists what dates I took the modules, when I started and finished the course etc etc.... pages of it.

He says that he needs more information than just 'Surgical' for my placement listing (when it does state the exact ward I was on). He says that he needs to know exactly how many hours were studied in each module (All my theoretical hours were broken down into theory sections 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 and the hours broken down into each of those and then totalled.)

I've spoken to the Uni about this, and they are confused because they have sent many of these exact same transcripts to AHPRA and all over the world and NEVER had to provide this additional information. Can any of you please tell me if you've had to provide this, or if you did please? Otherwise I'm worried I've got a real issue on my hands and may need to speak to his super. I've tried ringing him so many times to discuss and he never answers to me, or replies to my emails, I don't know where to go. He's saying if I don't get this info I can't get registered but Uni say they don't even hold that info!!

??!?!?!?:arghh:

My uni transcript listed the hours I undertook for each branch placement/module. It may be worth going back to your uni and making it clear exactly what you need them to provide, especially if you have had to pay for it! Try giving them a time frame.. it worked for me!

Thanks allison , I'm so frustrated with them - they say they don't hold this info ... I only completed my nursing September 2011 and the course is still current so I'm sure the syllabus is still the same . Apart from trying to type it up for them I don't know what else to say to them to get it done ! I've explained it as simply as I can!

Can I please have some advice guys??.....

I need to know if I've got a jobsworth case officer for my application at AHPRA; He's requested that I send him a uni transcript with theoretical hours/components, clinical hours/components etc...BUT I believe I've already provided this.

I've sent a very comprehensive transcript which includes all the module content, and learning outcomes from each clinical placement. It lists each clinical placement and hours for each placement. It lists what dates I took the modules, when I started and finished the course etc etc.... pages of it.

He says that he needs more information than just 'Surgical' for my placement listing (when it does state the exact ward I was on). He says that he needs to know exactly how many hours were studied in each module (All my theoretical hours were broken down into theory sections 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 and the hours broken down into each of those and then totalled.)

I've spoken to the Uni about this, and they are confused because they have sent many of these exact same transcripts to AHPRA and all over the world and NEVER had to provide this additional information. Can any of you please tell me if you've had to provide this, or if you did please? Otherwise I'm worried I've got a real issue on my hands and may need to speak to his super. I've tried ringing him so many times to discuss and he never answers to me, or replies to my emails, I don't know where to go. He's saying if I don't get this info I can't get registered but Uni say they don't even hold that info!!

??!?!?!?:arghh:

Im sorry your going through this hell too !

HEYYYYYYYYYYY I got my confirmation email .............. I am registered and now just have to sell enough tickets in my house raffle and then I can go back home .......... Its taken a good 12 months from start to finish , mainly because they mistyped my email address and archived my file and took a trip home to sort it and find out the solicitor who had signed all my docs was not suitable so had to get them all signed by a JP at the loacal court house ...... all 76 docs and only cost £25 and then posting it all back to Oz 3 months ago.............................

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Further update

Rang again in the early hours - got a much nicer person to talk to this time.

It turns out that the person who had been given my file to assess had left her job and it had just been sitting for several days:shocked:

My file has now been reallocated and it says that all documentation is complete and acceptable so hopefully I will get THE E-MAIL very soon :unsure:

Further update

It turns out that the person who had been given my file to assess had left her job and it had just been sitting for several days:shocked:

My file has now been reallocated and it says that all documentation is complete and acceptable so hopefully I will get THE E-MAIL very soon :unsure:

Thankfully you rang!!! :eek: Any day now! Perhaps even tomorrow? :wink:

fingers crossed, not long now x

Further update

Thanks allison , I'm so frustrated with them - they say they don't hold this info ... I only completed my nursing September 2011 and the course is still current so I'm sure the syllabus is still the same . Apart from trying to type it up for them I don't know what else to say to them to get it done ! I've explained it as simply as

Would it help if a sent the format of my uni transcript? Kinda like a template? Then maybe you could send it to the uni?

Hi there guys,

Mega excited, got email confirmation today from ahpra, I am now eligible to practice in australia :-) application sent: 12th of June. I am amazed how quickly this has happened. Thanks to everyone for their help in questions I asked. Medical on 13th then visa will be ganted :-)

Liz.x

Hi there guys,

Mega excited, got email confirmation today from ahpra, I am now eligible to practice in australia :-) application sent: 12th of June. I am amazed how quickly this has happened. Thanks to everyone for their help in questions I asked. Medical on 13th then visa will be ganted :-)

Liz.x

Great news Liz. I couldn't fault AHPRA either... they were super quick. x