AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone any experience of the Adelaide office, I had an email today stating they have my application. How long do you think it should take them, if I have provided all the reliever documents?

Thanks

Hi DreamingOfAus I sent my app to Adelaide... it was received on the 6th June. I got an email off them on the 8th June requesting my NMC Certificate; this was sorted the very same day. I was on nights last night so called to see if they had received it.... 3 times I called but no answer. I eventually sent an email at 4am..... so awaiting their response. I know I haven't had to wait as long as some people, but the wait is killing me haha... I check my phone constantly for emails etc!! It's great working nights; I sleep when they do... so sleep well :biggrin:

Good luck... keep us posted.

Hi DreamingOfAus I sent my app to Adelaide... it was received on the 6th June. I got an email off them on the 8th June requesting my NMC Certificate; this was sorted the very same day. I was on nights last night so called to see if they had received it.... 3 times I called but no answer. I eventually sent an email at 4am..... so awaiting their response. I know I haven't had to wait as long as some people, but the wait is killing me haha... I check my phone constantly for emails etc!! It's great working nights; I sleep when they do... so sleep well :biggrin:

Good luck... keep us posted.

Hi ferrymaple,

Night shift for me tonight also for three urgh......Monday madness I'm sure as usual. Let me know if you hear anything, and I will do the same. My self and my friend sent ours in the same envelope and both received emails today :-) so I'm hoping I did everything correctly, and that I will hear soon also :-)

To those of you who have already had their documents certified can anyone clarify how these are done. The Public Notary I am using has asked me to get clarification on 'certifying documents' e.g. he is asking is the notarial certificate endorsed on the final page of the copy of the document rather than a separate notarial certificate being attached to each document? I thought it was the actual copy of the document but is that too simple? I have an appointment for certifying documents on the 27th June so don't hold much hope of getting clarification before then from AHPRA unless I can catch them 7 am UK time. lindinurse

To those of you who have already had their documents certified can anyone clarify how these are done. The Public Notary I am using has asked me to get clarification on 'certifying documents' e.g. he is asking is the notarial certificate endorsed on the final page of the copy of the document rather than a separate notarial certificate being attached to each document? I thought it was the actual copy of the document but is that too simple? I have an appointment for certifying documents on the 27th June so don't hold much hope of getting clarification before then from AHPRA unless I can catch them 7 am UK time. lindinurse

I printed out APHRA's requirements and brought it with me to the JPs. she did it EXACTLY how they asked. All done now. :biggrin:

Good luck.

After 6 weeks wait I have finally received uni transcript and syllabus ... However despite asking the uni haven't included theory hours or clinical hours or syllabus for ru directives/ cross branch covering maternity , ld, mental health and paediatrics , I'm so frustrated!

Can anyone tell me how they proved the eu directives/ cross branch , and if you can just state total number if theory / clinical hours or if you need s full breakdown of every module and state hours for each module / clinical? what format does aphra want?

do you think it would be okay for me to type a list of my placements ? I was with Plymouth uni and they are not being very helpful! Thanks x

I already sent the instructions to Notary, I thought it indicated certifying each copy, there was no mention about attaching a notarial cetificate to each copy. Can you tell me exactly what yours did, sorry to keep asking only I want to get it right first time if possible, lindinurse

I think you are correct ... it is each document /certificate that needs certified. The notary of public that I will use has stated that a fee of £40 for each .but the overall quote for 9 documents will be £150. I presume that my passport/driving licence will be copied and certified on one page. I hope you understand what I mean!

Good luck.. i do also have a list of documents requested for registration that colleagues have forwarded me that are already settled and working in Oz.

Regards

lucky me.. received a job offer even without my registration yet.. employer will be commencing other paper works for my 457 visa.. hope everything else will follow :wink: fingers crossed

CONGRATULATIONS to those who got their eligibility recently!! way to go! :biggrin:

Guest Lisa26

*RANT ALERT*

Just got off the phone to AHRPA... After sending a 75quid uni transcript which I thought was the least of my worries being about 60 pages long...each notarised, they've just said they want more info from it!!! I hope the uni can provide it. Honestly it took a half hour conversation for him to get across what he actually required and even now I don't get it!! ...more money...more time ahead!!

*rant over*...sorry guys! :)

:biggrin: Go me!!!!! I've only gone and bagged myself an Australian Midwifery Registration :biggrin: 20 days too!!! Thank you Adelaide

Woohoo :jiggy: Congratulations ferrymaple - well done :smile:

lucky me.. received a job offer even without my registration yet.. employer will be commencing other paper works for my 457 visa.. hope everything else will follow :wink: fingers crossed

CONGRATULATIONS to those who got their eligibility recently!! way to go! :biggrin:

Congratulations yerrick - fantastic :biggrin:

The majority of JPs charge for the service, particularly if you go through the local court system to get one. Their charges are sometimes lower than a notary's although my local JPs wanted £25 per document :wideeyed:

It is illegal in the umk for a justice of peace to charge, this came from the court and the jp hat signed my documents.

Hey Guys.

I have been on holiday for the last 4 Weeks. What a lovley set of neWs to come back too. I can not believe that so many of you have had your applications approved. :)

To the ones that havent, dont give up hope. Good things come to those Who Wait :)

Lots of love,

We are all in this exciting nightmare together xx

NIGHTMARE UPDATE: This whole APHRA process is so stressful!After telling u all last week about aphra wanting more documents and my application being sent to sydney from adelaide iv had to do the following:

19/6-spoke to someone on the phone abou the requested documents who couldnt answer any of my questions and said he would get a manager to email me within 2 working days with the answers-still not recieved that email!

20/6 spoke to the nmc to ask them to send another letter of good standing as ahpra saying they havent recieved it.Spoke to the NMC who wont send another without APHRA emailing them directly (god help me trying to get that email sent!!)

27/06- called APHRA to ask why no reply from a manager, was told i had to be put through to adelaide office because thats where i sent my application. Spoke to adelaide-they said they couldnt help because my application is in sydney and by that point the sydney office had closed!

28/6 Phoned sydney office- Been told i now have to arrange to do a stat declaration to prove I worked for an agency in australia in 2008. I have emailed this agency twice over the last week and phoned them and still they have not even acknowledged that they need to send a statement of service to save me having to do a stat declaration. o and ahpra also want all my pay slips from 2008 as well to go with the stat dec!

I arrive in oz in 4 weeks and the chances of registration before then are looking pretty slim :(

Hope everyone else sint having too much of a nightmare!xx

Hi there, I had an email a couple of days ago asking me to arrange Nmc to send on my registration certificate. I emailed ahpra back stating they already have it. I had an acknowledgement email today saying they have found it. How long roughly do you think it will be before I hear from them to say I am registered (if all my documents are ok) Adelaide is the office I'm dealing with.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that AHPRA are still giving you the run around helent113 :realmad:

I'm going to try to ring Adelaide AHPRa tonight as it's now been 4 weeks since they received all the paperwork and I have heard nothing, nowt, zippo since then.

My daughter got her registration letter a week ago and the applications were posted together - beginning to think they don't want an oldie like me :sad:

HEYYYYYYYYYYY I got my confirmation email .............. I am registered and now just have to sell enough tickets in my house raffle and then I can go back home .......... Its taken a good 12 months from start to finish , mainly because they mistyped my email address and archived my file and took a trip home to sort it and find out the solicitor who had signed all my docs was not suitable so had to get them all signed by a JP at the loacal court house ...... all 76 docs and only cost £25 and then posting it all back to Oz 3 months ago.............................