AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Oh no that's awful. You really are having no luck. When I was waiting for my visa I used to hate weekends. It seemed to drag and I was eagerly awaiting for Monday morning when I might hear something. You have been very unlucky but don't give up trying to speak to them. Saying that I never really learned anything about the progress of my application. They just tell me it's in assessment and I should here something soon. When did you apply? x

I applied at the beginning of May but they still haven't taken any money. Most people are saying that their money was taken quickly. They have definitely received it as I got an email which said it was with the assessment team. However; as they haven't taken any money, it's very unlikely that it's actually being assessed.

It is making me think a lot about the time difference between Australia and the UK and how problematic that can be.

Where are you in the process MM?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just sent further docs off, notarised correctly, (used ANAMC docs sent by agent, and solictor not Notary), anyway, as only asked for these docs, ie statement of service, degree cert and Cv, do you think that they are happy with everything else. Hope so, fingers crossed anyway.:biggrin:

I applied at the beginning of May but they still haven't taken any money. Most people are saying that their money was taken quickly. They have definitely received it as I got an email which said it was with the assessment team. However; as they haven't taken any money, it's very unlikely that it's actually being assessed.

It is making me think a lot about the time difference between Australia and the UK and how problematic that can be.

Where are you in the process MM?

I received my pr visa back in march and applied to AHPRA. Brisbane received my application on the 8th march and the money was taken on the 14th. Since then I have e-mailed them a couple of times and was told they had not received my documents from the ANMAC. After a phone call to them in April it was found they had been logged on the system under my forename and surname instead of my full name. Since then I have phoned a couple of times and was told it appears everything is there and just waiting for a decision and my application had been sent to Victoria as there was such a backlog in Brisbane.

The next day I received an email from my CO (in brisbane) apologising for the delay but they needed more documentation supporting my ID and a verification of registration to be sent directly to them, they would not accept the one I had already requested for my skills assessment. I have arranged these so the wait continues :0( xx

I received my pr visa back in march and applied to AHPRA. Brisbane received my application on the 8th march and the money was taken on the 14th. Since then I have e-mailed them a couple of times and was told they had not received my documents from the ANMAC. After a phone call to them in April it was found they had been logged on the system under my forename and surname instead of my full name. Since then I have phoned a couple of times and was told it appears everything is there and just waiting for a decision and my application had been sent to Victoria as there was such a backlog in Brisbane.

The next day I received an email from my CO (in brisbane) apologising for the delay but they needed more documentation supporting my ID and a verification of registration to be sent directly to them, they would not accept the one I had already requested for my skills assessment. I have arranged these so the wait continues :0( xx

Seems to be one rule for one person another for another person. Worried my nursing verification was out of date I emailed ahpra, asking them to check if it ws too old so I could arrange another and they said it was fine, this was from last year I think feb... How old as yours? I am still speechless I got my registraion within three weeks of posting it. Seems I'm a lucky one....

Seems to be one rule for one person another for another person. Worried my nursing verification was out of date I emailed ahpra, asking them to check if it ws too old so I could arrange another and they said it was fine, this was from last year I think feb... How old as yours? I am still speechless I got my registraion within three weeks of posting it. Seems I'm a lucky one....

You are very lucky. It all depends where it is sent and who your CO is as to how quick and picky they are. My nursing verification would of been from around feb last year too. I honestly thought there would not be a problem. Nevermind these things are sent to try us and they generally do ;0) I just can't wait to start applying for a job and i doubt I would be considered yet without my eligibility letter x

You are very lucky. It all depends where it is sent and who your CO is as to how quick and picky they are. My nursing verification would of been from around feb last year too. I honestly thought there would not be a problem. Nevermind these things are sent to try us and they generally do ;0) I just can't wait to start applying for a job and i doubt I would be considered yet without my eligibility letter x

Well if mine was from the same time why should you have to fork out another 34 pounds.... That is awful. Its not a cheap process this whole aus business..... Police checks Nmc verification transcripts....not to mention medicals visas and assessment fee and registration fee. AAAANNND breaaaath......ugh.

Decided to let you know exactly what I sent, as I say I had no probs getting registered:

Nmc sent out evidence of registration to ahpra

Evidence of Identification:

Birth certificate

passport

driving licence

eu health card

evidence of uk address (council tax breakdown)

Transcript from uni

school certificates (standard grades and highers)

Letter from uni and school stating I attended (taught and assessed in English) or ielts

Lett from work stating length of time there, how many hours I work and what I earn (must be in headed paper and signed by a manager)

Finally my cv.

As I stated above, I photocopied everything, and had the copies ALL signed and stamped. I had no problems and was registered in approx three weeks from when I sent it. If you do not have a job lined up, I recommend you send your application to Adelaide.

Can I suggest, if you haven't already done so, download the guidelines from ahpra on getting documents signed, hey are very specific in what they want.

Also I don't know where you are from but in Scotland the justice of peace is meant to be a free service.....

Hi

Thank you sooooo much for your reply.

I had my docs signed by the JP in manchester. cost me £25 for the full lot. there was 3 of them signing the docs and they have not followed the AHPRA wording despite me stressing the importance of it. i am sooo worried AHPRA are not going to accept it!!

I want to submit my application by the end of this week however im stuck on Q26 and Q5 as we dont know what state we are going to.

Also is Adelaide still the office with the quickest processing times?

Many thanks for all your help :)

Hi

Thank you sooooo much for your reply.

I had my docs signed by the JP in manchester. cost me £25 for the full lot. there was 3 of them signing the docs and they have not followed the AHPRA wording despite me stressing the importance of it. i am sooo worried AHPRA are not going to accept it!!

I want to submit my application by the end of this week however im stuck on Q26 and Q5 as we dont know what state we are going to.

Also is Adelaide still the office with the quickest processing times?

Many thanks for all your help :)

Ok so don't worry about question five. I left this section blank other than ticking no, as I did not have this info, as don't know where I will be working.

Question 26 now this is to do with the letters I explained previously. If you have done IELTS then that is sufficient. Although I have passes the ielts I didn't bother including that info, as would have had to pay to get results sent on.

So as long as you have history of 5 years education taught and assessed in English you are fine. I.e 3 years in uni and however many years in high school to add up to the total amount.

Your letter from the school and uni MUST state 'taught and assessed in English' and the years you studied there, On headed paper. also include your high school certificates and uni certificate for this section.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

For Qu 5 you select no and indicate the state that you think you will be working in - it doesn't matter if you do not end up working there.

For Qu 26 if you have been educated through senior school and been to university in the UK and taught in English then the answer to the question is yes and you tick the box for United Kingdom. You then complete the table below. If you have done GCSEs or A levels, a certified copy of your certificate is usually OK for AHPRA as long as it shows your full name and the name of the institution where you studied. You will require a transcript for your university qualification though.

This worked fine for both myself and my daughter :smile:

I got through to AHPRA in Brisbane within 5 minutes today, woohoo!

A lovely lady told me that she expected my application to be further along than it is and that she would give it a push along.

She told me to call back in a week to make sure it keeps pushing along!

A lovely lady told me that she expected my application to be further along than it is and that she would give it a push along.

That's great. Fingers crossed you won't have a long wait x

Guest Lisa26

AHPRA now say they don't need further info from uni on my theoretical and practical hours BUT they need evidence of my medication administration. I can't see any of this written through the many pages of my Uni transcript. Does anyone have any idea what I can get from the Uni to prove this? Or do you have any advice on what to provide if you've been asked this yourself??

By the way.. to the guys who are still waiting for their NMC certificate of good standing, AHPRA said they only received mine on the 5th of July, but NMC said they sent it back in May, so it seems like it just takes a reeheheally long time to get there :)

Thanks all and good luck to who's left!!! Won't be long hopefully!!

x

Hopefully the call will get the wheels in motion and you'll hear from them real soon :-)

Looking good for Christmas in Brisbane :wink:

Hey guys,

i need abit of advice!

I had allllllll my docs signed by the JP last week, travelled 2 hours to get it done as it was the cheapest at £25 for the lot.

BUT!!!!

I forgot to get my signiture witnessed on my CV!!!

Did you all get it witnessed or will it be ok if i sign it and my current manager signs it? Also does my manager have to be a band 7 nurse? as i work as a research nurse and my manager isnt a nurse

Do me and my manager sign each page or is it just intitial each page and sign a verification statement on the last page?

Many thanks for all your help!

Hope your applications are going well!!

My daughter and I just wrote out the sentence, as per AHPRA instructions, and then signed them. We didn't get

manager's signatures and they weren't notarised as they were originals. We didn't sign each page either.

We have both got our AHPRA registrations now, so it worked for us :smile:

Me too... signed it myself as per AHPRA's instruction....

You must declare on your CV:

• that the ‘The Curriculum Vitae is true and correct as at (insert date)’. This declaration must be signed and dated.

ARGHH, I sent my CV off, signed as above and got the notary to witness signiture, but forgot to send references. What to do, shall I send references separate?? How stupid am I, just another wait now. :mad:

Are you meaning the statement of service from your employers shelly23?

If so, you might try calling AHPRA, it means staying up late/ getting up early, and tell them you've forgotten to include them. They will then tell you the best way to send the outstanding documents to them to ensure that they arrive in the correct office and with the right person. AHPRA have been known to lose odd documents when sent separately :rolleyes:

ARGHH, I sent my CV off, signed as above and got the notary to witness signiture, but forgot to send references. What to do, shall I send references separate?? How stupid am I, just another wait now. :mad:

I didn't send off references, just stated who my references were... I have my letter of eligibility.

Guest EmmBee

Hi, sorry to join in this thread.... i am due to qualify as direct entry midwife BSc from london in october.....

Hopefully moving to sydney asap... but where do i start to regards to applying/visas etc???

If someone could give me a step by step process that would be perfect!!

do u still need to do IELTS test if your UK citizen/ 1st language english/ A level in English???

Many thanks in advance xxx

Archived