AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hi All,

This is my first thread. So please bear with me. I tried creating a thread. but couldn't get any answers. hence I thought of posting it here.

We were planning to migrate to Oz on 457 visa. So I did my AHPRA. I am (I hope) about to receive my principle letter. I applied for AHPRA without IELTS as I was taught in English and I am a Native speaker. And AHPRA CO has confirmed receipt of all documents needed and escalated to Supervisor. Now we just found out I am expecting ( 6 weeks- first baby).

Hence don't want to go on 457. We would better go on a PR if we could. My concern is do I need to do IELTS for skills assessment or can I apply for modified assessment with principle letter? Has anyone done that before? I did try IELTS once. But got only 6.5 in writing and 8 in everything else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Ruby

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes!!!!! Finally got my E-MAIL OF ELIGIBILITY. :0D

The e-mail was sent on the 6th August. When I phoned tonight the gentleman told me an e-mail had been sent on the 6th and it turned out it had gone to my junk box. No idea why this happened as other e-mails I have received from AHPRA have been received in my inbox.

So relieved this is over!! Just need to finalise the sale of our house and then OZ here we come.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting and remember check your junk box ;0) xx

:jiggy::jiggy:

So happy for you Mummy Mann - it's been a long wait for you but you've crossed the finishing line. Hope you can finalise the house sale soon and then you can be on your way :biggrin:

Thank you Val :0D

I'm just wondering about something though. I was given details to log into the AHPRA website where I was able to download and print a copy of my certificate of registration. I have not been given information that I need to validate in person and my registration expires on the 31st may 2013. Is this usual? as I have read other posts where nurses need to show up at the local office within 12 months. Also they are posting a certificate to me xx

I got the impression ( from other posts) that you aren`t in Australia now. How did you get your registration? I sent them an email saying that I won`t have a permanent address and job offer when I present to the office because I will only be coming for a validation/vacation trip and than move later. They sent me back a reply with the docs I need to bring to the office to get registered including job offer and tenant agreement/ utility bill:wacko:

Being eligible for registration is all but registered. I did not have to have a visa for the assessment process Maruska. Having a visa is a requirement to enter Australia, to complete the registration process.

I know of a number of nurses who completed their registration on a validation trip.

Why would you need a job offer if you are on a GSM visa? APHRA do not always know their own standards......

I have been told the same about job offer and utility bill. I challenged the utility bill etc and was told that a letter from my employer stating the temporary accommodation address would suffice. I have a job offer.

Thank you Val :0D

I'm just wondering about something though. I was given details to log into the AHPRA website where I was able to download and print a copy of my certificate of registration. I have not been given information that I need to validate in person and my registration expires on the 31st may 2013. Is this usual? as I have read other posts where nurses need to show up at the local office within 12 months. Also they are posting a certificate to me xx

Congratulations. :biggrin:

Perhaps you already met the proof of identity requirements?

Being eligible for registration is all but registered. I did not have to have a visa for the assessment process Maruska. Having a visa is a requirement to enter Australia, to complete the registration process.

I know of a number of nurses who completed their registration on a validation trip.

Why would you need a job offer if you are on a GSM visa? APHRA do not always know their own standards......

I have been told the same about job offer and utility bill. I challenged the utility bill etc and was told that a letter from my employer stating the temporary accommodation address would suffice. I have a job offer.

I do have the eligibility letter, it just seems a nonsense to apply for a job somewhere and get an offer just for the sake of being registered ( not intending to actually start the job). If we visit Australia for 3 weeks to 1 month, would I be able to use hotel address? Also, I didnt plan to stay in one spot for these 3 to 4 weeks:confused:. Wonder if I would be allowed to use friend s address?

I do have the eligibility letter, it just seems a nonsense to apply for a job somewhere and get an offer just for the sake of being registered ( not intending to actually start the job). If we visit Australia for 3 weeks to 1 month, would I be able to use hotel address? Also, I didnt plan to stay in one spot for these 3 to 4 weeks:confused:. Wonder if I would be allowed to use friend s address?

Which office has given you this information? I have asked several nurses about the address and one on here told me to use the hotel address or the address arranged by the employer. I cannot believe that so many nurses get registered with all this hassle reported on here!! :rolleyes:

I sent my inquiry to Brisbane office, if necessary, I am willing to alter our travel plans to deal with an office that isn t such a pain in the ...... . I got my eligibility from Adelaide office in less than a month, maybe will contact them instead:eek:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2f3192&dbid=AP&chksum=rbtIhlZj1%2fRDYU7puzOixw%3d%3d

There is only one mention of the word visa in the whole document. It is referring to the skills assessment:

Depending on their visa status, they may make application through ANMC to be assessed through the Migrant Skills Assessment process.3

There is no word: address in the document nor job offer.

It doesn't say you have to have a visa............to be a nurse.......

Those eligible applicants who only provided the minimum identity requirements, and/or medical practitioners applying for limited registration (see below) will only be granted registration upon personal presentation at an AHPRA Office with the following evidence:• If arrived in Australia within the previous 6 weeks:

o original foreign passport or travel document with current Australian visa and proof of date of arrival (e.g. entry stamp); plus

o evidence of their current residential address, an original signed statement from a prospective employer/sponsor verifying the identity of the applicant OR an original offer of employment.

If arrived in Australia more than 6 weeks prior to attendance — evidence that meets the requirements in Categories A, B, C and D.

This means that you need to demonstrate your address within the 1st 6 weeks and have a job offer or statement. After that you can use the criteria in A B C D. A job offer is not a requiremnt in those. :biggrin:

I sent my inquiry to Brisbane office, if necessary, I am willing to alter our travel plans to deal with an office that isn t such a pain in the ...... . I got my eligibility from Adelaide office in less than a month, maybe will contact them instead:eek:

You may go into Brisbane but I have been told that the docs are certified by APHRA and sent on to the office to which you originally applied!

Congratulations. :biggrin:

Perhaps you already met the proof of identity requirements?

Think you may be right. When I was asked to send proof of visa I sent that along with copy of driving license and latest mortgage statement hoping they would not ask for more x

We have been going through the process since April! Keep having to provide more information. Latest is we've now got to provide a professional reference and evidence of post reg continued professional development! My main gripe is that they could have asked for this months ago! Where will you be working in Darwin GilreanH? We've been offered jobs in top End Mental Health Service. Got the offer back in March so can't believe it will ever happen.....

We have been going through the process since April! Keep having to provide more information. Latest is we've now got to provide a professional reference and evidence of post reg continued professional development! My main gripe is that they could have asked for this months ago! Where will you be working in Darwin GilreanH? We've been offered jobs in top End Mental Health Service. Got the offer back in March so can't believe it will ever happen.....

Hi ClaireD I am going to NSW now. I am on a waiting list in Darwin for possible posts. As we want to come out before the end of the year I am accepting a post in NSW who are offering PR too. :biggrin:

And good luck with APHRA!!

Arrrrrgh need help if possible. Have applied to NSW and they have written asking for further info : uni transcript, which was sent 20 June!! Statement from nmc, now sorted, reference from current employer ( difficult as they don't know my plans ) now final problem reference from previous employer, I left on difficult terms with a certain manager and although she provided a basic reference for this employer she said that I wouldn't get a positive reference in the future. I contacted the trust last week to confirm my employment as per AHPRA standards ie dates, full or part time and role, I then went on holiday and have come back to nothing. Can my previous employer not provide a basic reference?

I do have a list of my positions within the trust over the 3 years I worked for them which state my hours - would that be sufficient for AHPRA as it is signed and on headed paper? Really worried that I've come this far and one malicious person could scupper my chances.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Arrrrrgh need help if possible. Have applied to NSW and they have written asking for further info : uni transcript, which was sent 20 June!! Statement from nmc, now sorted, reference from current employer ( difficult as they don't know my plans ) now final problem reference from previous employer, I left on difficult terms with a certain manager and although she provided a basic reference for this employer she said that I wouldn't get a positive reference in the future. I contacted the trust last week to confirm my employment as per AHPRA standards ie dates, full or part time and role, I then went on holiday and have come back to nothing. Can my previous employer not provide a basic reference?

I do have a list of my positions within the trust over the 3 years I worked for them which state my hours - would that be sufficient for AHPRA as it is signed and on headed paper? Really worried that I've come this far and one malicious person could scupper my chances.

Thanks in advance for any advice

i

If its a statement of service you need, ie hrs, perm/temp contract, and salary, then your HR can do all that, for both previous and current employer. Your old manager doesn't need to be involved.:biggrin:

i

If its a statement of service you need, ie hrs, perm/temp contract, and salary, then your HR can do all that, for both previous and current employer. Your old manager doesn't need to be involved.:biggrin:

Hi Shelly, that's what I thought but HR have referred back to her and I can only assume it's so she can be difficult, hence its been over a week and still nothing :(

Oh and with regard to current employer - I am now a practice nurse in a small surgery.

Hi Shelly, that's what I thought but HR have referred back to her and I can only assume it's so she can be difficult, hence its been over a week and still nothing :(

Oh and with regard to current employer - I am now a practice nurse in a small surgery.

The Statement of Service is required to:• Be on the employer’s letterhead

• Provide dates of employment

• Describe the role in which you were employed, and whether if was full-time/part-time hours

• Be signed by a manager (e.g. Director of Nursing, Unit Manager or HR Manager)

what about attaching Job descriptions and asking a HR manager to agree that you were employed between dates/hours etc?

what about attaching Job descriptions and asking a HR manager to agree that you were employed between dates/hours etc?

Thanks Gilraen will be getting back onto HR in the morning to see if I can resolve this as AHPRA have only given me to the end of august to submit the docs.

I would ask HR again with what Gilrean has posted, however that doesn't help with your current employer. I suppose it depends what visa you want to go on. As if 175/6, then will be a longer process, than the 457. You could inform your practice manager that you are thinking about going to Oz, but it's not definite, and that it wouldn't happen for at least 12-18 months, (lie). There isn't anyway around this one is there, unless you ask a GP, and keep it confidential, but in a small practise it will be difficult. Good luck with that one.:biggrin:

Fantastic news, good luck this week then with HR.:biggrin:

Just to let you know, that after much persistence, HR are finally going to pop something in the post to me. I will make the AHPRA deadline for further info after all - roll on registration then visa!!!:laugh:

Just to let you know, that after much persistence, HR are finally going to pop something in the post to me. I will make the AHPRA deadline for further info after all - roll on registration then visa!!!:laugh:

Good luck rachall. All this stress will be worth it in the end x

Good luck rachall. All this stress will be worth it in the end x

Thanks mummy Mann, we were beginning to get despondent as I received the job offer in March and it's taken this long just to get this far, hopefully it will be plain sailing now, but I don't want to speak too soon x

Archived