AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Guest Joanne1983

Hi guys. What a fab thread! Got lots of info....thanks :-)

I am just about to send my stuff off, but have a few concerns. I'm going on a 1 year working holiday visa to begin with. Am i correct in thinking i don't need to sit the IELTS test? I have a signed letter from my secondary school stating i was taught and assessed in english.

I have a letter from my current manager (senior sister on my ward) which states the dates ive worked there, and that it's full time and permanent contract. She did not describe my duties but attatched a copy of my contract and role description. Will this be ok?

Any advice would be really appreciated :hug: xx

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys. What a fab thread! Got lots of info....thanks :-)

I am just about to send my stuff off, but have a few concerns. I'm going on a 1 year working holiday visa to begin with. Am i correct in thinking i don't need to sit the IELTS test? I have a signed letter from my secondary school stating i was taught and assessed in english.

I have a letter from my current manager (senior sister on my ward) which states the dates ive worked there, and that it's full time and permanent contract. She did not describe my duties but attatched a copy of my contract and role description. Will this be ok?

Any advice would be really appreciated :hug: xx

Others have done exactly as you have, and been registered okay. where are you sending your application to?

Hi I am just starting out on this process can I ask what form you got to register with aphra and if you had to do a medical? Thanx

Hi I am just starting out on this process can I ask what form you got to register with aphra and if you had to do a medical? Thanx

Hi

The forms are all available on the AHPRA website. You don't need a medical to register with AHPRA, but you will for certain visas.

Link to forms on the nursing bit of the website is here

Guest Joanne1983

I am sending my application to Sydney ....though i've heard this office has the worst reputation for back logs and takes the most time!

Joanne

Guest drummerracer

HELP. i received an email from ahpra saying that they are proposing to refuse my application. they stated the reasons. one of the reasons : you dont have an NMBA approved qualification (together they sent a link saying NMBA approved programs) so i thought, they were asking me to enroll for a bridging course (which is fine with me). when i called, they said they were not asking me to enroll, they want me to send supporting documents for my application as a registered nurse. but i dont have anything to send anymore. i want to apply for a bridging course but they said the final decision of the boards will be on Sept 14. :(

I am sending my application to Sydney ....though i've heard this office has the worst reputation for back logs and takes the most time!

Joanne

so far in my experience, Sydney is fine. if not for the additional documents that they asked I would have my eligibility letter after 12 days.

so far in my experience, Sydney is fine. if not for the additional documents that they asked I would have my eligibility letter after 12 days.

That's reassuring, ive just posted off additional info to sydney. However it did take them 3 weeks to ask for additional info and I have a deadline of the 30th august to get it back to them. The email did state that providing the additional info was satisfactory then reg would be finalised within 2 weeks of the deadline. So watch this space

• 2 weeks later...

My experience has been excellent

Posted my application 3.7.12 to AHPRA Adelaide

Got an email from AHPRA saying application received and requesting additional information 2.8.12

Posted the additional information 14.8.12

Got my AHPRA Eligibility letter today via email.

Minus 10 days for both sets of mail to get to AHPRA, total processing time for my application was 5 weeks I'm impressed with their efficiency. Just need a 457 job now in Melbourne, I'm not eligible for any other type of working visa. My only daughter, her husband and my 2 grandsons moving there in October, any advice on the job front would be welcome, lindinurse.

Hi all, I've just read through all 37 pages- phew!

This is my situation- I'm a nurse of 7 years now retraining in midwifery, wanting to work in Perth as a midwife. I have seen a number of jobs for dual registered nurse/ midwife and feel this would be a good route to go down... Question is- do I register as nurse now, get all this out of the way and then apply to 'add on' my midwifery registration, or do I do them both together?

Ahpra are being a bit unhelpful by saying that it would be best to do them together but if I did my nursing registration now it would be a lot easier and less time to add on my midwifery?

We really would like to be in oz by Easter next year, summer at the latest. With all of the trouble people seem to b having what do you advise?

Sarah xx

• 1 month later...
Hi im about to send everything off to ahpra but i'm confused what identity documents i need to send, it seems to say passport is enough in the bumf but i wondered what other people had sent as some seem to be sending other docs in?

I sent copy of passport, driving license, birth certificate, marriage certificate and a copy of my recent mortgage statement. AHPRA registered me and sent me out a registration certificate. Because I provided extra identity I havn't got to turn up at their local office, I can practice straight away.

I sent copy of passport, driving license, birth certificate, marriage certificate and a copy of my recent mortgage statement. AHPRA registered me and sent me out a registration certificate. Because I provided extra identity I havn't got to turn up at their local office, I can practice straight away.

Had you an Australian visa in your passport before you applied to APHRA?

Not before I applied, but I had to send proof of visa 3 months later so I sent a copy of my passport and the visa stamp in it

:biggrin: They will only accept a passport with a visa as the extra identity, that's why those nurses who haven't yet set foot in Australia must present themselves on arrival with date of entry stamped on it to complete the process. That is the only way to provide adequate proof for the APHRA office I used.

Finally sent AHPRA application off (08/10/12) to darwin office. Fingers crossed, all i can do is wait now i suppose and i hope theyre satisfied. Such a relief to finally stop triple checking and worrying its not right!!! Thanks to everyones input on this thread especially, was really helpful

• 2 months later...
Guest guest79615

hi just a quick question, once your registered with ahpra and in Australia working etc, do you need to register each year like you do with NMC? And if so how do you do it? Is it just log in online and pay a fee or more complicated? Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick question, applied for my aphra reg in October, to Darwin office, acknowledgement of payment letter received 1st Nov, was assigned almost straightaway to someone dealing with my application CO? they were just waiting on my letter from the NMC to arrive, which it did days later, was told my application was complete and that they didn't need anything further. I have phoned aphra regularly to be updated on my application etc, and was told almost 3 weeks ago that my application was being sent to the board for assessment, to see if my qualification meets the required standard for oz, and it was just a routine assessment, was told there was no acutal timeframe for how long this would take, but it would be highly likely it would be after Christmas before I hear anything! reminding me that most places close down over the holidays and don't re-open until the end of Jan. I kept reminding them that I have a job offer, and when I phoned the night before last, was told the lady who I usually speak to was away for the next 3 weeks, and they were waiting on my oz address! told them i was still in the UK at the moment, and she said someone else would take over my case and would email me that day, no-one did, so am still none the wiser, am just wondering is it likely that I will have to wait until she comes back off holiday in 3 weeks time? before anything further happens? or do aphra shut down anyway until the end of Jan?

sorry for the long-winded post, but just wondered if they have all they need, then how long does it take usually for it to be assessed? any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

mummysboys xx

Hi Laura

Not sure where you are at with your application, but finding your thread very helpful! Can I ask if you for help with the AHPRA CV format and any other info regarding documentation. I am not sure which to start first, as we will be going out as a family we have submitted our EOI for a 457 visa. Things have changed so much since we first looked at this 3 years ago, I only have 18 months experience and wonder if I have to have the 2 years in.

Your help would be much appreciated and all the very best with your journey.

Kind Regards

Vicki

AHPRA - posted middle November,

Email to confirm AHPRA had recieved application on 26/11/12,

Request for additional information (professional reference and Uni transcripts) - 19/12/12 with a deadline of 14/1/13,

emailed back for extension - granted until 31/1/13 -

just need to chase up the Uni's and sort out my professional reference!! Then fingers crossed x

Hi everyone!

My application was sent to Brisbane on 26/Oct/2012....received by AHPRA on 06/11/2012....no sign from them yet :arghh: , even though I was told that a case manager will be allocated to me shortly after that date:confused:.

Anyway, it seems that AHPRA Brisbane is one of the slowest :SLEEP:

One more thing, if you don't mind, guys...

The confirmation from AHPRA that they have received my application was done by phone.....even though they have my file since 06/11/2012, I haven't got any e-mail from them, asking for additional information or this kind of stuff....

I'm wondering now if it's all about my e-mail address mistyping :unsure:....every time I rang them, they confirmed that different documents have been received already( i.e. - IELTS results, Good Standing Certificate from Ireland and from my home country etc.), but it seems that I keep teasing them, otherwise they wouldn't do anything:sad:......it looks more and more like a game where I have to guess what else they need and hoping that I'm right and meet their expectations:confused:

What should I do???

Any advice really appreciated!

P.S. - What's actually AHPRA's e-mail address?

Archived