AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Sorry to hear your having so much trouble - I think you only get an email address once your case manager has emailed you, and there is only a personal email of your case manager once they have been assigned. Might be worth a ring back middle of January and asked if a case manager has been assigned and get their email address. :-)

My case manager isn't back now until middle of January, so will need to wait till then for her to answer my query.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I'm just about to start the process. PR visa sorted but cant move over until June due to husbands job so thought I would wit until the new year, now I'm panicking after reading all this thread about how long it could possibly take! We are hoping to move to Brisbane, do I have to send it to Brisbane or can it be sent anywhere as long as I'm on the AHPRA register does it matter where it was processed?

Good luck to everyone still waiting

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Emmisops - I copied all my certificates for additional study days and training and also sent them reflective logs for each month stipulating how many hours it also took to complete ie.review of a specific paper or improving service delivery etc. (Think I probably sent to much, as there was loads). Hope this helps - you could also do your reflective pieces in retrospect???

Hi, just spotted this group.

Have you got a job to go to Laura?

I'm currently looking to recruit in Melbourne and Sydney - client able to support the AHPRA application process with current average 6 weeks if everything goes well.

Hi all got most of my stuff now just need to get a replacement uni certificate. Quick question the statements from previous employers phoned the hr department s and they are saying that I need to go through my payroll office? Is this what everyone else done or did you have a letter from the hr department ?

Also do you need to send your cpd? I've got all certificates of things I've done but would be a lot ( a lot missing due to moving etc) of cpd to do!!!!!

What did everyone else do?

Guest guest79615

my manager (s) done me a statement of service but my employment services department also said they would do one, just stating job role, dates and place of work. I did not send many certifcates as couldnt find them all so i didnt send many and it was fine for Ahpra. just send everything you can get a hold of..

Hi all got most of my stuff now just need to get a replacement uni certificate. Quick question the statements from previous employers phoned the hr department s and they are saying that I need to go through my payroll office? Is this what everyone else done or did you have a letter from the hr department ?

Also do you need to send your cpd? I've got all certificates of things I've done but would be a lot ( a lot missing due to moving etc) of cpd to do!!!!!

What did everyone else do?

Thought i'd join in if that's ok :smile:

Application Posted... 23/11/2012

Application arrived (Fedex)... 26/11/2012

Confirmation of application recieved... 30/11/2012

Posted to the Adelaide office.

It's only been 8 weeks but feels like 80:biggrin:

Sue.

Newbie here. is the letter of good standing the same as the verification of registration? should you ask nmc to send both? I am having trouble with my nmc registration as it it will expire on march 2013 and NMC won't accept payment until march 1st. I already sent my application to AHPRA. I fear that ahpra will close my application if i would wait for a month for nmc to give me an updated license. help please!!!!

Guest guest79615

i wondered that but just went with the verification and that was accepted. when did you send your application??

Newbie here. is the letter of good standing the same as the verification of registration? should you ask nmc to send both? I am having trouble with my nmc registration as it it will expire on march 2013 and NMC won't accept payment until march 1st. I already sent my application to AHPRA. I fear that ahpra will close my application if i would wait for a month for nmc to give me an updated license. help please!!!!

Hi can anyone confirm that for AHPRA register you dont need to do the IELTS as long as you can prove that you were educated in the UK. Im getting conflicting information regarding this and the AHPRA website isnt clear. I want to apply for the 457 visa and can anyone recommend any of the hospitals WA that are sponsoring. x

Guest guest79615

you have to prove at least 5 years education in english and then you do not need ielts..

Hi can anyone confirm that for AHPRA register you dont need to do the IELTS as long as you can prove that you were educated in the UK. Im getting conflicting information regarding this and the AHPRA website isnt clear. I want to apply for the 457 visa and can anyone recommend any of the hospitals WA that are sponsoring. x

i wondered that but just went with the verification and that was accepted. when did you send your application??
I sent my application with ahpra last week. i haven't sent the forms for the verification of registration to nmc yet. you think ahpra would accept the verificatio of registration even if it's nearing the expiration date?

Guest guest79615

if i were you i would just go ahead with the full application now, or you could phone ahpra just to confirm what you are best doing..but you are registered at the moment and will continue to be so i cant see it being a problem..

I sent my application with ahpra last week. i haven't sent the forms for the verification of registration to nmc yet. you think ahpra would accept the verificatio of registration even if it's nearing the expiration date?

when was the expiration date of verification LornaG? and when did you send it?

Guest guest79615

i dont know, nmc just confirmed i was registered, i didnt see it, it goes directly to ahpra..i sent for mine one week after i sent my ahpra application, was worried things would start going missing if their was too long an interval between things arriving...nmc just confirm you are registered and you are so i dont see the date thing being an issue

when was the expiration date of verification LornaG? and when did you send it?

i dont know, nmc just confirmed i was registered, i didnt see it, it goes directly to ahpra..i sent for mine one week after i sent my ahpra application, was worried things would start going missing if their was too long an interval between things arriving...nmc just confirm you are registered and you are so i dont see the date thing being an issue

thank you ever so much... maybe I am just panicking.. :biggrin:

Guest guest79615

i think everyone who has applied to ahpra has panicked at some stage...i think its a legal requirment of the process :biglaugh:

thank you ever so much... maybe I am just panicking.. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

hi all!!

just got all my docs signed today by notary of public. I am confused though at the part where it says that i need to get my signiture witnessed. Did i have to sign all the forms as well??? Really want to get it right this time as first time all was certified by a solicitor which wasnt supposed to be. Does IELTS and uni transcipts be sent directly from them to aphra as well?

I will be openin a bottle o bubbly when i reg sorted. strrrreeeessssss!!! :confused:

Regards the expiration date, if its like Anmac I applied Oct and paid the £34 for NMC verification, however my yearly renewal was end of Oct so then Anmac asked for a new verification as it expired! so maybe dont apply too close to your yearly renewal!

Guest genorm

Rule of Thumb - sign everything and get your sigs witnessed. Both you and Solicitor/Notory/JP at Police Station with stamp - initial and stamp bottom of every page.

Do you have a sponsored job to go to Jules Sharp?

Archived