AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hi,

i am sitting my ielts in April, at the beginning of my journey to Oz. Can anyone tell me the answer to these questions

1. i am planning to submit paperwork for skills assessment in May, is it correct to have my ielts forwarded to them before this?

2. i am having paperwork signed by a public notary so this can be forwarded to aphra direct from anmac.

so im doing ielts, then anmac skills assessment then aphra, is this the right order to do it in. any feedback greatly appreciated.

also great to see timescales on this thread....thanks in advance :biggrin:

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is academic version any tips lol. i am hoping to apply for PR but looking at it i meet minimum requirements and points for this. If not will be the skilled visa, hence the academic ielts.

i am delving into and doing everything myself as cant afford to pay someone to do it for me, so this sight is great for info. i have got my head around initial paperwork ( i think). then i shall sort visa after bit more research.

I am hoping to be gone by feb 2014 i hope timescale is enough.

Practise practise practise especially writing as that seems a common part that people fall down on, I used the Cambridge books dont take it for granted that because you speak English that it will be easy, the books help you with what the test is looking for. Its a surreal experience. Apparently theres a youtube video by a guy called Ryan that people are recommendeing, havent checked it myelf but will do soon as I need to resit to try for all 8's for points. Good luck and just hller if theres anything you need advise on

Practise practise practise especially writing as that seems a common part that people fall down on, I used the Cambridge books dont take it for granted that because you speak English that it will be easy, the books help you with what the test is looking for. Its a surreal experience. Apparently theres a youtube video by a guy called Ryan that people are recommendeing, havent checked it myelf but will do soon as I need to resit to try for all 8's for points. Good luck and just hller if theres anything you need advise on

Thanks so much for the advice, just got hold of a couple of books to revise. Looking at them seems i need to. Oooooo reading them examples are complicated i have to reread it as it talks alot about stufff i have no interest in or just seems complicated lol......anyway here goes :)

positive thinking i say

thanks again x

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have read 43 pages! Congrats to all of those who got registered, what a nightmare for some.

i will be sending mine to Adelaide, but want to live in Perth. I have been advised by agent to apply for registration and then the modified assessment. However, I have read to complete the registration I have to have a job offer? Is this correct?

Thanks

i will be sending mine to Adelaide, but want to live in Perth. I have been advised by agent to apply for registration and then the modified assessment. However, I have read to complete the registration I have to have a job offer? Is this correct?

Thanks

Hi!For a modified assessment you need to complete your registration in one of AHPRA's offices, to get the certificate and to be, literally, written down in the register. Only the eligibility letter is not enough for a modified assessment, as per ANMAC's regulations :arghh:. Good luck!

Thanks

Hi!For a modified assessment you need to complete your registration in one of AHPRA's offices, to get the certificate and to be, literally, written down in the register. Only the eligibility letter is not enough for a modified assessment, as per ANMAC's regulations :arghh:. Good luck!

Oh great, I need a job offer to become fully registered!

No,

you don't need a job offer to collect your pin Number, I will be going to Perth and back to UK again to collect my pin number in Feb 14, then I can apply for modified skills assessment without a job. Nightmare having the cost of flying over just to collect a pin number - could do without that expense when trying to save up! lol

No,

you don't need a job offer to collect your pin Number, I will be going to Perth and back to UK again to collect my pin number in Feb 14, then I can apply for modified skills assessment without a job. Nightmare having the cost of flying over just to collect a pin number - could do without that expense when trying to save up! lol

Wish I could like 10 times lol. Did aphra say that you didn't need the job offer? That's fantastic, I want the modified assessment too.

Why dont you's just do skills assessment? If you have time it would save money rather than flying over?

Hi,

I think even if I do skills assessment I would still need to fly over to finalise my pin number -

Unfortunately I have to finalise my registration by Feb 14 as this is my deadline set by AHPRA (ie. appear in Oz) but we (OH and 2 children) wouldn't have saved up enough money for the relocation by Feb next year :-( Apart from the re-location fee's, flights, accomodation its the visa expenses, medicals, shipping, buying cars etc think I will need much more in the bank before we could go over - our alternative plan is to win the lottery ;-)

Unless anyone has any other solution?? or suggestions?? It is a big expense flying round the world for a Pin number :-/

Hello everyone

I just wondered how applications were going for people who summitted in January? I did have to send more documentation which has delayed it. But its now 4 months and I'm not the most patient person!

I have my IELTS next week, then once the AHPRA registration comes through Ill start a modified assessment, anyone experience the waiting times for this recently?

I tell mself I have to keep going with this, its going to be worth it!

Hi everyone I need help pleaseeeeeee.........Can anyone clarify ANMAC and APHRA confusion for me. I have just sent all my paperwork to ANMAC but now it has gone I have realised that I will need most of that for APHRA????? Before I sent all my certified paperwork to ANMAC I photocopied all the certified documents. Can I use these photocopied certified documents to send to APHRA or do they need to be original certified copies? Whiich would mean I would need to do everything all over again and some of my originals have already gone to ANMAC????????????

anmac can forward all your documents to ahpra

Hi everyone I need help pleaseeeeeee.........Can anyone clarify ANMAC and APHRA confusion for me. I have just sent all my paperwork to ANMAC but now it has gone I have realised that I will need most of that for APHRA????? Before I sent all my certified paperwork to ANMAC I photocopied all the certified documents. Can I use these photocopied certified documents to send to APHRA or do they need to be original certified copies? Whiich would mean I would need to do everything all over again and some of my originals have already gone to ANMAC????????????

I am sooooooooo confused. I have just sent off paperwork to ANMAC and now looking at APHRA. Am I correct in thinking I need to pay when I send APHRA application away? Does this mean for example.....If I send off payment and registration in June 2013 and I am not planning on moving there till June 2014 that I will have to have paid for an entire year that I will never use????????? And will need to pay to renew following year even though may not even be in the country yet? Or do yo upay fee then this is potponed until you actually arrive in Australia? Help pleaseeeeee :-(

leapip

Forum Regular

Letter from secondary school for AHPRA

I need to resend another letter from my secondary school confirming that I was taught and assessed in English, the original one I sent was not accepted becàuse of wording... Can I just send the new correctly worded original copy or do I need to get it photocopied and certified?

I just want to get it sent off ASAP!

Thanks

i didn't certify any originals i had, only copies i got certified so i would just send it

leapip

Forum Regular

Letter from secondary school for AHPRA

I need to resend another letter from my secondary school confirming that I was taught and assessed in English, the original one I sent was not accepted becàuse of wording... Can I just send the new correctly worded original copy or do I need to get it photocopied and certified?

I just want to get it sent off ASAP!

Thanks

Hi Redski

as a doc sending paperwork to AHPRA, we have to send them certified copies of your original documents - we had to make 2 copies as 1 went to AMC(aus med council ) and the 2nd to AHPRA. I suspect it would be similar but maybe ring or email direct to confirm

• 1 month later...

Archived