AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hi All

I went to an immigration Expo at the weekend and I was told that the Darwin office for Nurse Registration had the quickest processing times. We are wanting to go to Perth and apparently their processing time at present is 9 months.

Vicki

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Can I ask about the IELTS exam, i need to score an overall 8 to qualify for the 20 pts for a PR visa. I just hate exams and was considering applying for the 457 visa to avoid this. What do you guys think?

Vicki

Hi All

I went to an immigration Expo at the weekend and I was told that the Darwin office for Nurse Registration had the quickest processing times. We are wanting to go to Perth and apparently their processing time at present is 9 months.

Can I also ask for help regarding the EOI, have not got a clue as where to start with this!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki

It all depends on whether you are looking to settle permanently in Oz vickijem.

If you are unsure if you want to stay permanently in Oz then a 457 is the best. You can always apply for a PR while you are there if you find you are enjoying life Down Under.

If you are looking to settle long-term then I'd go for a PR visa. Do you need the full 20 points from the IELTS to get a qualifying points score? The minimum points level has been reduced to 60 now. IELTS is OK if you do some study for it prior to taking the exam.

Good luck with whatever you decide :smile:

My application was received on 11th May and I have heard nothing since then, and no money has been taken.

I emailed them 10 days ago through their website contact page. Nothing.

I am not feeling well at the moment so don't want to stay up late tonight to phone them.

I'm feeling so pissed off because I really want to start applying for jobs. Queensland health won't even let you submit an expression of interest until AHPRA registration is gained.

My application was received on 11th May and I have heard nothing since then, and no money has been taken.

I emailed them 10 days ago through their website contact page. Nothing.

I am not feeling well at the moment so don't want to stay up late tonight to phone them.

I'm feeling so pissed off because I really want to start applying for jobs. Queensland health won't even let you submit an expression of interest until AHPRA registration is gained.

If you received the e-mail from AHPRA saying that they received your application and they haven't taken ANY money yet, I'd definitely phone them (sorry!). I had the 'received' e-mail and they took the assessment fee about 48 hours later. That's an awfully long time with no contact from them.

Take some paracetamol etc tonight, stay up and ring that number - they need to give you some answers hun :hug:

Hi Val

Thank you for your message. We definitely want to go to Perth and stay permanent but thought that going on a 457 visa would be a cheaper option initially, we have 3 children. Yes I need the 20 points to get 60! I may just do the IELTS and see how I go, we have given ourselves a time frame of 12-18 months to get over there. Good luck with the job hunting!!

Thanks again

Vicki

Hi All

Vicki

I sent my registration to Adelaide mid June, and am now registered, so 6 months is a bit steep....

Liz

[QOTE=nshaz78;1935811928]Hi Laura,

Lovely thread to keep track of things.

I sent my application to AHPRA PERTH on the 24/04/2012

Got a letter on 08/05/2012 stating they needed NMC Verification and letter from employer by the 08/06/2012 or else my application would be disregarded.

The thing is, I requested my NMC Verification in March and this was sent to AHPRA on the 12/04/2012, which was prior to AHPRA receiving my application so they are saying they didn't get it. NMC says verification should be requested when you know AHPRA have your application otherwise they won't keep it. So i have had to pay anothe £34 for another verification!

AHPRA have sent me a list of what is required in the Professional Reference from employer, most of which was included in my original letter and some which is not on the AHPRA application form.

As time is not on my side, i guesse i will have to ask the boss to do another letter and send it off again!

After waiting patiently for just over 2 months with additional documents sent in between the period, I am happy to say I finally got my eligibility email today and am well chuffed. Will be in Perth in a month's time to complete the process. To those still waiting, have patience and stop worrying, it will eventually pan out!

After waiting patiently for just over 2 months with additional documents sent in between the period, I am happy to say I finally got my eligibility email today and am well chuffed. Will be in Perth in a month's time to complete the process. To those still waiting, have patience and stop worrying, it will eventually pan out!

Congratulations!!! :jiggy:

If you received the e-mail from AHPRA saying that they received your application and they haven't taken ANY money yet, I'd definitely phone them (sorry!). I had the 'received' e-mail and they took the assessment fee about 48 hours later. That's an awfully long time with no contact from them.

Take some paracetamol etc tonight, stay up and ring that number - they need to give you some answers hun :hug:

well, I decided to call at 7.10am this morning. The main Melbourne office answered immediately and said they would transfer me to Brisbane, as that's where I sent my application. I have now been on hold for 25 minutes and they are due to close in 20 minutes. So frustrating.

I stayed on hold for 45 minutes, and at 8am (5pm in brisbane) I hung up as I had images of me holding while they all packed up and went home. Also, I had to go to work.

I'm very frustrated. The call will have cost a fair bit and all for nothing. The original email they sent me says "do not reply", so when I have tried to contact them it has been through the contact form on their website. I have no proof that I've done this.

All in all, I think the service is shocking. For a professional organisation their communication and procedures are not good. I realise other people's experiences have been ok, but it is so hit and miss.

Hi guys,

Just a thought for people who are struggling to get through via phone and the juries form. Maybe the people who have already had emails from a case officer could pm the co's email addresses. Sure they would soon get moving with replies if we all emailed individuals rather than an automated email address......

Hi Guys

Pleaseeeeeeeeee can i have some help!

I am going to the justice of peace tomorrow morning to get my documents certified and im not sure if i have everything.

I have got:

My birth certificate

marriage certificate

passport

driving licence

All GCSE certificates

A level

Degree certificate

does my transcript need to be certified?

Also do i need to write a stat dec about my surname changing after marriage and get the JP to sign it?

Do my training certificates such as manual handling, etc need to be certified

Im travelling 2 hours away to get it done as it is the cheapest i can find and realllllllllly dont want to miss or forget something!

have i missed anything?

Your help will be greatly appreciated....

Good luck with ur registrations!!

xx

Hi Guys

I am going to the justice of peace tomorrow morning to get my documents certified and im not sure if i have everything.

I have got:

My birth certificate

marriage certificate

passport

driving licence

All GCSE certificates

A level

Degree certificate

Also do i need to write a stat dec about my surname changing after marriage and get the JP to sign it?

Im travelling 2 hours away to get it done as it is the cheapest i can find and realllllllllly dont want to miss or forget something!

have i missed anything?

xx

Have you done the IELTS. If not you need letter from your school and uni stating you did attend school there and that it was 'taught and assessed in English' I had a copy signed by justice of peace.

As you are not sending original certificates, you will need them signed also. Have you got your letter from work stating how long you have worked there for etc? Again I did not send original so had that signed.

I had my transcript and as I was keeping the original had it signed anyway. Infant I got them to sign everythinG to be on the safe side. I had mine granted in less than a month.

I would send no originals incase it gets lost, save you time not having to get letters written again. By uni work etc....

Hi Guys

I have got:

My birth certificate

marriage certificate

passport

driving licence

All GCSE certificates

A level

Degree certificate

have i missed anything?

xx

Decided to let you know exactly what I sent, as I say I had no probs getting registered:

Nmc sent out evidence of registration to ahpra

Evidence of Identification:

Birth certificate

passport

driving licence

eu health card

evidence of uk address (council tax breakdown)

Transcript from uni

school certificates (standard grades and highers)

Letter from uni and school stating I attended (taught and assessed in English) or ielts

Lett from work stating length of time there, how many hours I work and what I earn (must be in headed paper and signed by a manager)

Finally my cv.

As I stated above, I photocopied everything, and had the copies ALL signed and stamped. I had no problems and was registered in approx three weeks from when I sent it. If you do not have a job lined up, I recommend you send your application to Adelaide.

Can I suggest, if you haven't already done so, download the guidelines from ahpra on getting documents signed, hey are very specific in what they want.

Also I don't know where you are from but in Scotland the justice of peace is meant to be a free service.....

I have found if I stay up and phone them at 9 am aus time I get straight through to someone

Hi MM

Which office do you get put through to? All the calls initially go through to Melbourne and they answered straight away, but when they transferred me to Brisbane I was on hold for 45 minutes.

I am going to try and stay awake until 12 tonight, but it's difficult as I've got a virus and am not feeling well. I've got an shortish day at work tomorrow though, so tonight is probably the best time to do it.

When I phoned AHPRA - three times within the last week :rolleyes: - I phoned them at just after 9am Oz time. The phone call is answered initially at their central call centre and is then transferred on to the office that you posted your submission to - in my case Adelaide.

The first time I rang I was told it was too early for the Adelaide centre to answer, the second time I did get an answer from Adelaide but was speaking to a right jobsworth person and the third time, I got through to Adelaide, spoke to a very helpful person and receieved my registration e-mail 24 hours later.

Morals of the story - ring just after 9am Brisbane time (ring about 00.30 our time) and keep at them - you will get an answer.

Good luck Kapri and look forward to reading a positive update from you tomorrow morning when I log on :smile:

Hi MM

Which office do you get put through to? All the calls initially go through to Melbourne and they answered straight away, but when they transferred me to Brisbane I was on hold for 45 minutes.

I am going to try and stay awake until 12 tonight, but it's difficult as I've got a virus and am not feeling well. I've got an shortish day at work tomorrow though, so tonight is probably the best time to do it.

I was put through to Brisbane and the call was answered straight away. I may have been lucky. I have phoned Brisbane twice up till now. I hope you had some luck last night and feel a bit better today x

I was put through to Brisbane and the call was answered straight away. I may have been lucky. I have phoned Brisbane twice up till now. I hope you had some luck last night and feel a bit better today x

I'm starting to think the Gods are against me!!

I stayed up until midnight and called. Melbourne answered and said they would put me through to Brisbane. Then something happened to the line. I tried to hang up and re-dial but it was still giving me the same tone and at the same time my internet went off.

Up shot is, I stayed up until 1 o'clock trying to sort it, am absolutely shattered today, and I still haven't spoken to anyone in Brisbane. My internet and phone came back on at 6am this morning, according to my husband. I have no idea what happened!

I will have to wait until Monday morning now. I'll set my alarm for 6.30am.

Oh, and they still haven't replied to the first enquiry I sent through their website, or the second. I'm beginning to think it hasn't sent properly.

I'm starting to think the Gods are against me!!

I stayed up until midnight and called. Melbourne answered and said they would put me through to Brisbane. Then something happened to the line. I tried to hang up and re-dial but it was still giving me the same tone and at the same time my internet went off.

Up shot is, I stayed up until 1 o'clock trying to sort it, am absolutely shattered today, and I still haven't spoken to anyone in Brisbane. My internet and phone came back on at 6am this morning, according to my husband. I have no idea what happened!

I will have to wait until Monday morning now. I'll set my alarm for 6.30am.

Oh, and they still haven't replied to the first enquiry I sent through their website, or the second. I'm beginning to think it hasn't sent properly.

Oh no that's awful. You really are having no luck. When I was waiting for my visa I used to hate weekends. It seemed to drag and I was eagerly awaiting for Monday morning when I might hear something. You have been very unlucky but don't give up trying to speak to them. Saying that I never really learned anything about the progress of my application. They just tell me it's in assessment and I should here something soon. When did you apply? x

Archived