AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Congratulations. Fantastic news!!! I do regret sending mine to the Brisbane office. Posted end of feb and no news on principle letter. I won't be heading to oz till at least October but would still be nice to have it for applying for jobs

Thank you so much Mummy Mann. I think that no matter where you send it, it's a lottery down to the person who deaals with your application. There seems to be no consistancy with timescales, hence this thread to help future AHPRA appliers.

I have my fingers crossed for you that it process quickly. If you are looking for work in MH nursing, New Farm Clinic sounds nice and the manager there is really helpful. xx

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much Mummy Mann. I think that no matter where you send it, it's a lottery down to the person who deaals with your application. There seems to be no consistancy with timescales, hence this thread to help future AHPRA appliers.

I have my fingers crossed for you that it process quickly. If you are looking for work in MH nursing, New Farm Clinic sounds nice and the manager there is really helpful. xx

Thanks Laura. I had a few problems at the beginning if my application. AHPRA told me they had not received my documents from ANMAC. In the end after I phoned them it was found they had not been logged under my full name. Since then i've not heard a thing. We are looking at either the gold coast or the sunshine coast. I am a general nurse and hoping to get employment in a surgical setting xx

Hi Laura

Happy news for you, any way l would like to ask about the job opportunity at the New Farm Clinic, Did you apply through Ramsay or direct to the hospital. l would like to live in the NT hence the questions. Please can you advise me on how you went about this.

Hi Laura

Happy news for you, any way l would like to ask about the job opportunity at the New Farm Clinic, Did you apply through Ramsay or direct to the hospital. l would like to live in the NT hence the questions. Please can you advise me on how you went about this.

Hey Magasela, New Farm Clinic are in Queensland and I applied through Ramsay Health :) xx

Hey Magasela, New Farm Clinic are in Queensland and I applied through Ramsay Health :) xx

Oh dear me, l dont know what made me think it was in NT anyway thanks for pointing that out. l have applied to Ramsay health not for a specific job but under international nurses is that what you did?l have not heard from them-maybe there is another way.

Looks like everything pinkroses - can't think of anything else - that's all the documents I have lined up ready to go.

Don't forget that all document copies must be notarised by either a notary public or JP if you're based outside of Australia - AHPRA are very fussy. I'm sure that you've done your CV according to the AHPRA guidelines - I'm just thinking aloud, so to speak.

Good luck with your application - hoping to get mine in within the next week, fingers crossed.

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Yes im getting my CV up to date according to the AHPRA guidelines, which documents need certifying - just identity and uni/school certificates or do statement of service, cv etc need certifying as well? I have been quoted £60 a document!!

Many thanks :)

Basically anything that is being sent to AHPRA that is not an original needs to be certified. This includes identity documents such as birth and marriage certificates, passport; university transcript; educational certificates; any certificates that you may be submitting in support of your CPD; NMC statement of entry, current registration cerificate. Any statutory declaration that you may have to make has to be signed by the notary/ JP. Statement of service letters and CV do not need to be certified as you have to send the originals to AHPRA.

Prices for getting documents certified by a notary can be horrendous - I've been checking on that too, my quotes varied from £25 per document to a total cost of between £200-£300. Another POI member advised me to get a JP to do it so I have contacted my local magistrates court today and the price quoted is approx £25 - and that is for all the documents to be certified, a much better price. I have to book an appointment, turn up at that time at the specified magistrates court and the documents will be certified for me, usually done by one of the JPs before a court sitting begins apparently.

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Yes im getting my CV up to date according to the AHPRA guidelines, which documents need certifying - just identity and uni/school certificates or do statement of service, cv etc need certifying as well? I have been quoted £60 a document!!

Many thanks :)

Check with your local court house about local Justices of the Peace, so long as you get the docs certified as per APHRA requirements they will be happy with a JP or Notary. Price both of them and ask around mine was free (JP), others paid admin fee of £25 and some pay £200+ so up to you. :biggrin:

You send original signed CV and original signed statement of service, not certified copies. They should witness you signing your application or CV.

Edited by GilraenH

Well keep your Chin up Laura,

Many in the same boat!

We sent our ap off last December with confirmation of receipt 19th Dec 2011. We eventually received an email stating which information they required from us, which hadn't been included in the first application. Of which included evidence of address ie Utility bill, which was included, but somehow they seemed to have lost it! Our evidence of schooling (hours) as well as N.M.C Syllabus confirmation was received by them on the 11th April.

Numerous phone calls and emails have been made with a reply as to what is actually happening at present around three weeks ago. The Syllabus is being studied and they will make a decision soon!!

We are now in the process of contacting once more and to let them know we will go down the complaints route, as they do specify a turn around of 4-6weeks on their website. We have even specified we need some form of reply soon as we need to know whether our children will still be in this country in September for schooling, as we did not want them to have to change schools twice in one year, but it's looking more and more likely we'll be here at Christmas:cry: So that doesn't seem to have worked:laugh:

We are using Brisbane and I believe they do have a serious backlog, but can't understand why it takes 3 weeks to read a Syllabus document and make a decision. One would assume they have seen these documents a thousand times over.

Any way Just keep at them so they don't forget about you and I hope your process moves on quicker than ours. I have seen some on this site who have had the 4 week turnaround so it is possible! Mainly dependant on where sent and whether all documentation is in place.

Good luck.:biggrin:

Guest ukmovers

We used a trick mentioned on this forum, 'tell them you have a start date for work and its in a few weeks time and so need approval asap...............'We got Aphra 'letter in principle' after sending them all the docs in 2 weeks. They would have done it earlier if we had sent one piece of paper in the original documents. After sending our application form with supporting docs we got an email from the case officer after a few days and then requested proof of address and that took a week but once they got that two days after they sent us an email to confirm registration had been approved.

Guest trasi

Hi All.

Just joined poms in oz and came straight to this thread...... this is my experience.... Application sent off end Jan 2012, AHPRA confirmed receipt 14 feb. 21st feb NMC sent statement of good standing......27th feb email from AHPRA requiring more info, i.e CV done their way etc. They also wanted documents from my nursing board stating theory / clinical hours etc. Problem was my nursing board (ENB) ceased to exist years ago, so had to go via NMC and university for this. Sent this all off and had another email from them on 29th march saying i had to do a declaration on oath saying i was the same person as i had changed the spelling of my first name when i was 16 !!!..... this was all sent off 2 weeks ago and that should be it now.....i am anxiously waiting to hear that they have granted me my rego.

I have a job, so should be a priority, and i am due to start in August, so may follow up previous thread and tell them i am due to start soon (which i am meant to be). For the record, this has all been done via the Sydney branch...... tis a painful process, even my future bosses in sydney said that, but i live in hope that i will hear from them soon. It has been very expensive, everything and i mean everything has to be certified...... good luck to everyone :cute:

Trasi x

Hi Guys

Bit confused as I sent me and my boyfriend documents to the Melbourne Office on 28/04/12 in 2 envelopes in one if you know what I mean? Money has gone out for both of us. He got a confirmation e-mail in 10 days and then just 2 further docs required - easy ones which he has sorted this week. I have had nothing not even a confirmation??? Reluctant to e-mail in case I get on there nerves. Is this radomness normal? Wondered if its done alphabetically? Would be happy just to get a confirmation at this point.

Hi Guys

Bit confused as I sent me and my boyfriend documents to the Melbourne Office on 28/04/12 in 2 envelopes in one if you know what I mean? Money has gone out for both of us. He got a confirmation e-mail in 10 days and then just 2 further docs required - easy ones which he has sorted this week. I have had nothing not even a confirmation??? Reluctant to e-mail in case I get on there nerves. Is this radomness normal? Wondered if its done alphabetically? Would be happy just to get a confirmation at this point.

Contact them, they have made a mistake and thought they were together? An email to verify it was received etc? Some people contact APHRA on a frequent basis, they are used to it. :biggrin:

Guest UKtoAUS
Fingers crossed Val, did you send to Adelaide? :biggrin:

Yeap, mum and I sent them to Adelaide. Lets hope for a speedy response. :D

My eligibility letter arrived this morning!!!! :biggrin: 5 weeks from they received it. :biggrin:

That's great!! Congratulations. Where did you send your application to?? I've not heard a thing. They havn't asked for any more information. I just hope it isn't sat on someone's desk at the bottom of the pile.

That's great!! Congratulations. Where did you send your application to?? I've not heard a thing. They havn't asked for any more information. I just hope it isn't sat on someone's desk at the bottom of the pile.

Thank you, I sent it to Darwin. So glad that bit is over. :biggrin: