Has Rolf Harris !

tonyman

are we allowed to talk about Rolf now its out in the open ? As last time i mentioned Rolf (who is one of my idols) on a sister site i got threatened with legal action :policeman:but now its out in the open and this is a forum surely its ok to talk about the allegations ?

Guest The Pom Queen
are we allowed to talk about Rolf now its out in the open ? As last time i mentioned Rolf (who is one of my idols) on a sister site i got threatened with legal action :policeman:but now its out in the open and this is a forum surely its ok to talk about the allegations ?

Cough, it should have been you but it was us who got the legal threats.

​Although its out there that he is being questioned, as we are already being threatened by his legal team we need to make sure nothing defamatory is said.

Cough, it should have been you but it was us who got the legal threats.

​Although its out there that he is being questioned, as we are already being threatened by his legal team we need to make sure nothing defamatory is said.

:wideeyed:.......sorry Kate ,i take full responsibility for that , though in fairness it was an innocent thread , i was actually sticking up for Rolf and hoping it was pure speculation.As im one of the good guys as you well know :wink:...in fact ive just text mrs tonyman to tell her about Rolf and the Boston bastards , her reply" sorry darling but i already knew about it but didnt want to tell you as i knew you would be upset"........(she out at some show) and left me home alone :biggrin:

I was totally gutted when I saw this on the news this morning. Rolf is one of my heroes, not just because of his great animal programs when I was a kid, but through art college I watched some very insightful documentaries he'd made about artists. So saddened by the allegations.

This is maybe a really stupid question but how can they tell if these things are true when it supposedly happened so long ago. It was supposedly one allegation by one female. Dont know any info other than that.

I just think unless someone is charged then maybe their name shouldnt be out there. If he's innocent of whatever hes been accused of then his name is still ruined, mud sticks.

Hopefully its not true, my childhood will be ruined! I loved animal hospital

I don't believe it. Surely not Rolf. No way.

Trouble with all this is....what was regarded as messing around in showbizzy circles ( well I'm thinking TOTP's really!) & some girls (I knew some of them) were ok with attaching themselves to guys in bands etc....has now become thought of as paedowhatsit....we're not talking of serious crime here are we? or are we? Hope I haven't said anything out of order M2M !!

Smoke...............fire...................they/we/them were all younger back then, and we all made mistakes which at the time wouldn't have been considered mistakes but "perks of the job"..................I reserve my judgement...............a 16 yr old girl was fair game back then...............any younger, male or female, wasn't.

i truely hope he isnt guilty , i have one of his paintings too , a signed cd from when he did that vet show and when my twin boys left hospital i put two little boys on the cd player for mrs tonyman , still brings a tear to her eye .

Me too - My daughter was a finalist in a national schools art comp and we travelled to the final - he was truly a lovely man (as was his family), spoke about art and I still think he was a very genuine man who had a lot of time for people. Whilst empathising with those who have been wronged and abused, I know from my work that there are those who make false allegations and part of me does wonder about a celeb witch hunt.

Rolf is the last person I'd have ever thought would be arrested on suspicion of such offences, I really hope it's not true. I remember reading about the police interview in the local paper in Brisbane, it was the first time I'd read that the latest celebrity, long time childrens entertainer in his 80s living in the UK etc etc was Australian and while not named at that time, it was completely obvious who it was - the Courier Mail might as well have just named him.

Sad that Channel 5 has pulled his animal show, but understandable. Whether he clears his name or not remains to be seen, but while Jimmy Savile was always a creep, I will be gutted if Rolferoo really has done the unthinkable.

How can you get sued for reporting a fact. Reporting news in fact.

Reporting that someone has been arrested and interviewed by police for sexual offences is a fact and not defamatory. It is true that he was arrested and interviewed and everyone knew.

I don't understand how you can be sued for reporting news as long as you don't defame him.

The Sun had the courage to name him when no one else would.

As soon as the Sun named him, every other news organisation did the same.

I can't see really how there can be much doubt now with all media in Oz naming as well. No doubt the legal team for the person suspected attempted to have his name withheld and was able to for a time.

I don't think it was much of a secret though with the name of county (Berkshire) and an Aussie entertainer was mentioned on the offset.

The Sun had the courage to name him when no one else would.

There is nothing courageous about The Sun.. I'd be surprised if anything goes to court. Unless there is a confession, what evidence is there of any crime after all these decades?

There is nothing courageous about The Sun.. I'd be surprised if anything goes to court. Unless there is a confession, what evidence is there of any crime after all these decades?

There is often not any evidence in sexual assault cases.

It is often one persons word against another.

It can be up to a jury to decide who is more credible and who they believe.

​But you may be right, with a single victim only they may choose not to take it to court.