What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hacking family

aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh only 4 more sleeps and my to do list is still as long as it ever was

got one of those visa things today :eek:

Will I be needing that? :wideeyed:

:laugh:

Too right I will, only been after one for nearly 4 years. Hasn't sunk in yet:jiggy:

Thank you so much everyone for listening to me moan, rant and vent frustration for what seems like forever :notworthy::hug:

Millie x

Millie,

Congratulations, so so pleased for you .. it couldn´t happen to a nicer person .. you deserve it .. time for a treat me thinks ..:hug:

Guest guest66832

It's a funny thing but only ten days away from leaving for Sydney I now find it incredible just how much of my life going to Australia has taken up. It really does become an obsession, an unhealthy one in my opinion. Maybe the people who go for it are just really competitive and the fact that it is such a hard thing to do makes us all the more determined to do it.

Anyway putting it all into perspective, the thing I have learned from the last four years is that this thing can totally take over your life. That is a bad thing. My advice to anyone still going after a visa is live your life, where you are and enjoy it the best you can while still going for your dream. I know how hard this is from personal experience, but looking back now I wish I had not been quite so focused on just getting back down there and taken the time out to enjoy the experiences and people around me whilst going through the last few years.

It's a funny thing but only ten days away from leaving for Sydney I now find it incredible just how much of my life going to Australia has taken up. It really does become an obsession, an unhealthy one in my opinion. Maybe the people who go for it are just really competitive and the fact that it is such a hard thing to do makes us all the more determined to do it.

Anyway putting it all into perspective, the thing I have learned from the last four years is that this thing can totally take over your life. That is a bad thing. My advice to anyone still going after a visa is live your life, where you are and enjoy it the best you can while still going for your dream. I know how hard this is from personal experience, but looking back now I wish I had not been quite so focused on just getting back down there and taken the time out to enjoy the experiences and people around me whilst going through the last few years.

Thats deep man :cute: only joking! Great post Rob

Guest guest66832

There's a lot of living to do while waiting for a visa, or waiting to be eliglbe for a visa. I used to think that I wouldn't start having a life till I was in Oz but we have to make the most of every day no matter where we are.

Definitely, Sometimes i feel like im limbo land trying to find a sponsor and not being able to get on with life here, it probably sounds stupid. So we've decided if things havent changed by half way through August then we're going to book the holiday that we kept putting off

Guest guest66832

I know only too well that feeling of being in limbo, my facebook status for ages read, "Neither here nor there", meaning I wasn't living a life while I was in the U.K. and I wasn't in the place that I wanted so much to be in. Maybe I'm talking from the perspective of someone that is shortly on their way back, but I do think that I would have had a better time if I had just relaxed a little about the whole thing and got on with life whilst waiting.

Too right I will, only been after one for nearly 4 years. Hasn't sunk in yet:jiggy:

Thank you so much everyone for listening to me moan, rant and vent frustration for what seems like forever :notworthy::hug:

Millie x

Hi Milie, that it fantastic news, huge congrats to you......now the fun starts.......much love Becky xxx

Ha Ha RobinOz you could be writing our biographies. Our lives have been on hold for the last 9 months. Every day I am doing something related to getting us to Oz, whether it be making notes from advice on PIO and/or general research on Oz. We have become obsessed with it, which I agree is not healthy. We have only told our immediate family and v close friends so find it incredibly difficult to let "off steam" - Thank God for PIO. I honestly don't know how some people have managed to keep going for years, although that may be us at this rate LOL. We just laugh. You have to, otherwise you would go round the twist.

Good Luck on your new life Down Under.

Thanks Becky, Stacey, Shoes too for the good wishes :-)

Off to Queensland soon to hassle Shoes about her closet :jiggy:just wish she was actually my shoe size :(

Sent our passports off today for the coveted stamp. I know we don't actually need it but it was hard earned so best make double sure.

Millie x

Thanks Becky, Stacey, Shoes too for the good wishes :-)

Off to Queensland soon to hassle Shoes about her closet :jiggy:just wish she was actually my shoe size :(

Sent our passports off today for the coveted stamp. I know we don't actually need it but it was hard earned so best make double sure.

Millie x

I agree Millie...hard earned cash! They are really fast in processing too.

Millie x[/QUO

Fantastic news millie! Congratulations!!

Well done Benny:wubclub:

DONT have yer little finger out at a jaunty angle when drinkling cocktails in oz tho:wink:

Only joshing!:smile:Congratulations

Archived