What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Val - Oh yes, but glad it is done. We had to put OH's old job on there and could we remember his job title. He only did it for 5 years!!!! It was like we were filing the visa appl - I will need a tranquilizer if and when I come to do that!

Heather - when are you oft? I thought you had a little while yet? That has come round very quick.

I have just printed off the forms for the Spanish Police Checks - we need them for a trading license. We cannot get the licence until we are on Oz soil, but we are sending it to TRA to show willing that we have the paperwork ready and waiting, they only cost €3.54 so worth doing as it could make all the difference. They want detail, they are gonna get it:biggrin:

Val - Oh yes, but glad it is done. We had to put OH's old job on there and could we remember his job title. He only did it for 5 years!!!! It was like we were filing the visa appl - I will need a tranquilizer if and when I come to do that!

Heather - when are you oft? I thought you had a little while yet? That has come round very quick.

I have just printed off the forms for the Spanish Police Checks - we need them for a trading license. We cannot get the licence until we are on Oz soil, but we are sending it to TRA to show willing that we have the paperwork ready and waiting, they only cost €3.54 so worth doing as it could make all the difference. They want detail, they are gonna get it:biggrin:

we leave the UK next Sunday...things have really started to move fast...

Guest Chantel

Mine and my son's Aussie passports arrived last week much earlier than advised! YAY! :biggrin: Hubby's police check should be here any day now, friends and family statements collected, forms completed, now to submit his partner visa application. Got a quote for the dog and the cat ~ same company, half the price I was quoted back in January! YAY! Just need to get them vaccinated, tested for rabies (cos they look rabid! :laugh:) and get the cat chipped! BRISBANE here we come!!! :yes:

Guest Chantel

Excellent! congrats! do you like it so far? if you haven't done it yet, visit Kings Park and climbe the spiral tower, you can see all over the place! Also, if you go to Freemantle, there used to be a little place near the sea, where they do the most amazing banana splits! :) ENJOY!!! :cute:

Guest Chantel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15208[/ATTACH]

We made it, The Hacking Family are now in Perth

Excellent! congrats! do you like it so far? if you haven't done it yet, visit Kings Park and climbe the spiral tower, you can see all over the place! Also, if you go to Freemantle, there used to be a little place near the sea, where they do the most amazing banana splits! :) ENJOY!!!

Guest AKA63029
Booked our flights for 2nd November with Singapore Airlines :yes:

Can't believe this is actually happening. :wideeyed:

Millie x

:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest AKA63029

Millie x

Very exciting time Millie.

Still can't beat that feeling of starting a new life (with all it's ups and downs admittedly).

To this day I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve when I board that aircraft.:jiggy:

Fantastic! Bit sureal don't you think?

Can't believe this time next week we will be on our travels!

Yep it is definitely surreal. Amazing that your are going next week Heather. it doesn't seem that long ago that we were sitting the rotten IELTS

Millie x

Just a quick mention - I haven't seen Mrs Webweazel on her for a few weeks - has anyone been in contact with her :unsure:? Last post I saw she had received an ofefr on their house.

Hi there Val yes actually we have received offers from 3 different parties and at one stage there was a bidding war going to the point that the last offer was 13K over our asking price! The problem is that it will make our house the most expensive in the street so when the valuators come to check they look at the average price for property in the area and then see if they can find further value when they come and do the assessment. I would think that the valuators would be pretty conservative when doing the assessment which would leave the buyer with a short fall. I is all pretty frustrating considering that 130k for a 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom house is a steal. Further more 130k would pretty much only buy you a small plot of land to build a house her in Perth, its all lunacy.

For those that do not know we did a Reccie to Perth during April. I put a sneaky application in for a job 3 days before I left to go back to the UK, had a quick interview before I left and was offered the job the first working day back in the UK on the premise that I would be back to take up the position at the end of the month. The offer was to good to pass up so for the next 3 weeks I worked like a demon to finish the house and put it on the market. I left the amazing Mrs W to wrap up our affairs while I left the the UK for good. I have been working for the last month earning double that I did in the UK and shaking my head in disbelief seeing what ozzies are willing to pay for their day to day living. The reason that neither of us have been seem on PIO for the last month is that all of our internet time is spent on skype chatting to each other in an effort of having a family life. I find it particularly difficult being away from Mrs W and the Kids and realise how much I have taken them for granted, to be honest at this point I wouldn't recommend this course of action to anyone. I think it is made especially hard by the fact that we do not know when Mrs W + kids will be moving to Perth permanently

Hi there Val yes actually we have received offers from 3 different parties and at one stage there was a bidding war going to the point that the last offer was 13K over our asking price! The problem is that it will make our house the most expensive in the street so when the valuators come to check they look at the average price for property in the area and then see if they can find further value when they come and do the assessment. I would think that the valuators would be pretty conservative when doing the assessment which would leave the buyer with a short fall. I is all pretty frustrating considering that 130k for a 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom house is a steal. Further more 130k would pretty much only buy you a small plot of land to build a house her in Perth, its all lunacy.

For those that do not know we did a Reccie to Perth during April. I put a sneaky application in for a job 3 days before I left to go back to the UK, had a quick interview before I left and was offered the job the first working day back in the UK on the premise that I would be back to take up the position at the end of the month. The offer was to good to pass up so for the next 3 weeks I worked like a demon to finish the house and put it on the market. I left the amazing Mrs W to wrap up our affairs while I left the the UK for good. I have been working for the last month earning double that I did in the UK and shaking my head in disbelief seeing what ozzies are willing to pay for their day to day living. The reason that neither of us have been seem on PIO for the last month is that all of our internet time is spent on skype chatting to each other in an effort of having a family life. I find it particularly difficult being away from Mrs W and the Kids and realise how much I have taken them for granted, to be honest at this point I wouldn't recommend this course of action to anyone. I think it is made especially hard by the fact that we do not know when Mrs W + kids will be moving to Perth permanently

Web fingers crossed for you all!!! Good luck with the house!

Sending you hugs Mr W. It must be difficult to be experiencing a whole new country without the loved ones by your side. Things will come together soon.

You guys have both been very busy and sounds like the house will shift nice and quickly. You have achieved so much in a short space of time.

Things will come together soon. In the meantime I am sure there might be a few PIO ers is knocking around Perth for a bit of a get together?

Millie x

Hi Mr W

It's good, I guess, that you've had a few offers for the house, but I also understand your concerns re the valuation. I hope that the sale can be processed successfully and quickly.

I was asking after Mrs W as I knew that she was on her own and dealing with it all and was just wanting to know she was OK and hadn't hit some problems that POI peeps could help her with. It must be very difficult being apart like this but hopefully, you will all be back together as a family very soon. At least Skype gives you the opportunity to 'see' each other rather than just talking on messenger/ phon etc. Wishing you ALL the very best and that everythign is resolved very soon.

Sending a :hug: for you and Mrs W

Guest Chantel

Must feel great!!! Like you are floating through the clouds away from all of the paper work and preparations...hard work paid off! Now time to embrace your new life! :cute:

I got a message saying that my message was too short so I am making a longer message by telling you about it! loool that didn't work either!!! :)

Millie x

Millie x

Flights booked for 29th July with Singapore Airlines .... normally use Malaysian Airlines (who I think are excellent) but Singapore comes highly recommended so looking forward to the flight and hotel in Singapore... hopefully arrive back in Adelaide not in a half deid condition.

Aw Webweazel You've brought a tear to my eye! (Now I know I'm heavily pregnant and prone to cry at the drop of a hat, but I think that sentiment would have done the trick anyway!)

Hope Mrs Weazel gets there soon!

Archived