What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Chantel
Handed our notices in - 3 months and we will be in Brisbane!!!!!

Hey :) what part of Brissy are you going to?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chantel
Well what have i done today to get me to OZ ?????????????

the most important thing i suppose ,

VISA GRANTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG ........... im very quiet , its not sunk in , i realy am just emotionless ..... will do my carwheels in the morning :-)

YAY ;-) ;-)

lee

Hey long time coming!!!! Well done!!!! Congratulations :) Go grab life!!! :biggrin: :ssign19:

Guest Chantel
Our house buyer is on his 3rd or maybe 4th mortgage application......................so after living out of boxes for 3 weeks we have shifted our Oz boxes to the empty shed and prepped a decluttered and more spacious house for sneaky viewings just in case it all falls apart !

The visa process was an absolute doddle compared to this nightmare :arghh::ssign1:

Hey Chardy, been a while. How's it going? Do you have your visa yet? I hope you get a really quick sale on your house.

Guest laroo76

Packers just collected all our boxes, very empty house on this cold grey summer day,, bring on the Aussie winter,,, fly out Monday,, cant wait!!

Guest wardie77
Packers just collected all our boxes, very empty house on this cold grey summer day,, bring on the Aussie winter,,, fly out Monday,, cant wait!!

Good luck Laroo76!!! Keep us updated on your experiences.

Hey Chardy, been a while. How's it going? Do you have your visa yet? I hope you get a really quick sale on your house.

Hi Chantel, it has been a while, have you not seen my signature ?? Had my visa for nearly 10 months now and getting desperate to be able to use it !

The offer was quick enough, only 8 weeks on the market but getting the sale wrapped up is another matter !

Justin x

got one of those visa things today :eek:

Will I be needing that? :wideeyed:

:laugh:

Too right I will, only been after one for nearly 4 years. Hasn't sunk in yet:jiggy:

Thank you so much everyone for listening to me moan, rant and vent frustration for what seems like forever :notworthy::hug:

Millie x

so, have you booked your flights yet? What are you waiting for? Lol...youve had it ages now! Lol

Too right I will, only been after one for nearly 4 years. Hasn't sunk in yet:jiggy:

Thank you so much everyone for listening to me moan, rant and vent frustration for what seems like forever :notworthy::hug:

Millie x

So, have you booked your flights yet? What are you waiting for? Lol...you've had it ages now! Lol...

Hope you have a good flight and wishing you happy landings Down Under - will watch for your first post from Oz :smile:

Millie x

Did you get your visa Millie ?

Millie x

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! congratulations! and if you have moaned I must have missed it :) x

Millie x

I know I have said this to you already, but its a :ssign19: from Him and a :ssign19:from Me and we wanted to say it again!!!!

Congratulations Honey, you have worked soooooo hard to get this far and now you have the "Golden Ticket" you will be a Pom in Oz.

We are very very pleased for you.

Lorraine xxxx

Thanks so much everyone for the good wishes. It is starting to sink in a bit and I there is now a rumbling thunderbolt in the background with the mind with the enormity of the job to do list. I am the queen of lists and sad as I am, the spread sheet check list / action plan has already started and it is approaching three pages. I was going to go after Christmas because my sister and family are coming from Brisbane to UK for a holiday so I thought we could all go together.

Now I am thinking an October touch down will suit better (my boss will be NOT happy with me at that decision but she will get over it) I will decide for defo on Friday.

Opened the Bollinger yesterday and Santa's marching band are currently marching through my head playing jingle bells:ssign11::ssign3:

So since yesterday I have sold my dear little Mercedes for a reasonable price and they are letting me drive it until I leave. I have also sold a Laura Ashley bed and think I have a buyer for the Smeg fridge. I am only taking a small amount of furniture to Oz. I need to get the garden furniture on Ebay as this is the best time of year to offload it, all evidence to the contrary judging by yesterdays rain. I have already started to job family and friends with tasks from my list - time to call in all the favours :cute:

Millie x

Millie x[/QUO

Fantastic news millie! Congratulations!!

Just emptied the garage.

Been here 6 years and still had boxes in there from our last 2 house moves 8 years ago !!!

Once the wifes motor bike goes you could even get a car in there now, never seen it so clear.

Will start on the shed tomorrow.

Glad of the grand voyager, has made trips to the tip much easier :)

Jon.

ps. Seem to have friends at the tip now.

Archived