What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Our house buyer is on his 3rd or maybe 4th mortgage application......................so after living out of boxes for 3 weeks we have shifted our Oz boxes to the empty shed and prepped a decluttered and more spacious house for sneaky viewings just in case it all falls apart !

The visa process was an absolute doddle compared to this nightmare :arghh::ssign1:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our house buyer is on his 3rd or maybe 4th mortgage application......................so after living out of boxes for 3 weeks we have shifted our Oz boxes to the empty shed and prepped a decluttered and more spacious house for sneaky viewings just in case it all falls apart !

The visa process was an absolute doddle compared to this nightmare :arghh::ssign1:

I hope you get things sorted soon...we all assume when we get an offer things will just tick along nicely as they are supposed to do...we dont realise all the pit falls involved until the final hurdle is jumped.

I really hope you get it all sorted soon, how many are in the chain?

I hope you get things sorted soon...we all assume when we get an offer things will just tick along nicely as they are supposed to do...we dont realise all the pit falls involved until the final hurdle is jumped.

I really hope you get it all sorted soon, how many are in the chain?

Thanks,

It's just our buyer with the problem, his buyer is due to complete as our buyer is going to rent until he can hopefully complete on ours.

I just reckon we will get stung for flights, leaving it so late to book them...............aaaarrrgh !

Guest motogp2910

After alot of research, many emails, even more phone calls and careful consideration we have finally instructed an agent (Go Matilda) to assist us in our visa application. I am very happy, relieved, nervous, anxious and damn well excited all at the same time. Here we go now the hard work starts better get my game face on!! Bring it on!! :jimlad:

An update to the saga of obtaining Vic SS, my migration agent sent yet another email this morning to Victoria literally "begging" them to make the decision before the 29th of June to enable us to submit the 176 in before July 1st changes. This was because he finally got a reply to the email he sent last Friday querying the status of my application. He had this in reply from Vic...

My agent seems to be confident that we will get it, if not, he already apparently has other strategies, so we shall see! Another few more days of living on tenterhooks... :arghh:

hang in there :hug:

Millie x

Had a face to face interview today with ozzie employers over here in London. Got offered a job on the spot!! Trying to keep calm until I see the full details of the offer in writing but OMG!!!! One small step for pio but one major step for the james family....

We have sent an email to TRA stating our case for them to assess us. After 9 months I am fed up of banging my head against a brick wall. If this fails, we will have to decide whether to wait another year or I will need to convince my husband to find a sponsor and go down the 457 route - this will take all of my female charm:laugh:

rooting for you C girl

and Sephie too

Best of luck

Millie x

Thanks,

It's just our buyer with the problem, his buyer is due to complete as our buyer is going to rent until he can hopefully complete on ours.

I just reckon we will get stung for flights, leaving it so late to book them...............aaaarrrgh !

Hope they get things sorted Chardy

Millie x

Well what have i done today to get me to OZ ?????????????

the most important thing i suppose ,

VISA GRANTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG ........... im very quiet , its not sunk in , i realy am just emotionless ..... will do my carwheels in the morning :-)

YAY ;-) ;-)

lee

OMFG ........... im very quiet , its not sunk in , i realy am just emotionless ..... will do my carwheels in the morning :-)

YAY ;-) ;-)

lee

Wow Lee fantastic news !!

Congratulations !! now you can start planning your new life in Oz :yes:

Millie x

Wow Lee fantastic news !!

Congratulations !! now you can start planning your new life in Oz :yes:

Millie x

awe thanks hun ,

Ive been so busy i dont get onto poms much anymore , glad to see your getting there yourself :-)

Its still sinking in a little , the enormity of it , and now i know i have sooooooooooo much to sort out !!!!

Bloody Hell ,,,,,,,,,,,, im off to OZ :-)

lee

awe thanks hun ,

Ive been so busy i dont get onto poms much anymore , glad to see your getting there yourself :-)

Its still sinking in a little , the enormity of it , and now i know i have sooooooooooo much to sort out !!!!

lee

Congratulations lee!! knew you could do it :) when do you and Bex head out? must be a great feeling

awe thanks hun ,

lee

Ta :-)

To be honest, it's a good job I didn't foresee how difficult it would truly be. I knew it would be complex but jeez, had no clue. I think a small boat from Bali might have been the more straightforward option :laugh:

Millie x

YAY ;-) ;-)

lee

congratulations Lee...when you do your cartwheels you tube them, lol I need some light heartedness at the mo...17 days to go and still so much to do...

Guest Hacking family

sending positive vibes your way xx:hug: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Thanks,

Guest Chantel

Hey guys!!!! :biggrin: We are really moving on! Have finally lodged mine and my son's Aussie passport renewal applications in London! Hubby's police check application is sent nearly completing his partner visa application soon to be lodged also!!!!!! :biggrin: Can't wait to get to Brisbane!!!!!!!!!!

Archived