What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest wardie77

Finally decided on using John Masons to ship our stuff and confirmed with them today. Movers coming on the 20th July!!!

Slightly nerve wracking but exciting!!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wardie77
Same here John masons coming to give us a quote on 20th July

Their customer service has been outstanding, and prices are very competitive!

Booked our flights for 2nd November with Singapore Airlines :yes:

Can't believe this is actually happening. :wideeyed:

Millie x

:ssign19:Glad you got everything sorted!!!!! Not long now Honey. I bet you cannot believe that you are actually booked up and ready to go after such a long wait.

Good Luck with your interview Gill.

Val - It's a Shame, there are too many "Jobsworths" in this Process!!!!!

:hug:For Mr & Mrs W - hoping you can all be together very soon.

Guest Chantel
Hi there Val yes actually we have received offers from 3 different parties and at one stage there was a bidding war going to the point that the last offer was 13K over our asking price! The problem is that it will make our house the most expensive in the street so when the valuators come to check they look at the average price for property in the area and then see if they can find further value when they come and do the assessment. I would think that the valuators would be pretty conservative when doing the assessment which would leave the buyer with a short fall. I is all pretty frustrating considering that 130k for a 4 bedroom / 2 bathroom house is a steal. Further more 130k would pretty much only buy you a small plot of land to build a house her in Perth, its all lunacy.

For those that do not know we did a Reccie to Perth during April. I put a sneaky application in for a job 3 days before I left to go back to the UK, had a quick interview before I left and was offered the job the first working day back in the UK on the premise that I would be back to take up the position at the end of the month. The offer was to good to pass up so for the next 3 weeks I worked like a demon to finish the house and put it on the market. I left the amazing Mrs W to wrap up our affairs while I left the the UK for good. I have been working for the last month earning double that I did in the UK and shaking my head in disbelief seeing what ozzies are willing to pay for their day to day living. The reason that neither of us have been seem on PIO for the last month is that all of our internet time is spent on skype chatting to each other in an effort of having a family life. I find it particularly difficult being away from Mrs W and the Kids and realise how much I have taken them for granted, to be honest at this point I wouldn't recommend this course of action to anyone. I think it is made especially hard by the fact that we do not know when Mrs W + kids will be moving to Perth permanently

Bless you, bless you, bless you!!! You are half way living the dream! :wubclub:

I can only try to image how desperately hard it is for you and Mrs W to be so far apart from each other, and of-course your children too. However, I raise my glass to you for going ahead and taking a massive leap of faith in preparing the future for your family. The thing about faith is that it is the substance of things known but not seen, you may not know how long you will have to wait before your family joins you, but your heart knows that it will not be long and that you are doing the right thing. Keep your head up. As I said some months back to some one else in PIO in a similar situation ~ you are all under the same moon and stars, it is the same sun that brings light to your day, and you are one in your hearts and souls ~ no distance can match that. Distance exists in the mind, worry exists in the mind, hope, faith and love exist in the heart, and one does battle against the other. Be strong, it won't be long.

You have a new banner of opportunity upon you, you are paving the way for a new life: a life and future planned for, hoped for, and in faith applied for. The doors of opportunity have opened themselves wide for you to walk through, destiny knows that you have your family, destiny will not keep you all waiting. I have faith that your faith will manifest a beautiful and bright future, just like the sunshine that you all share. I also have faith that your house will sell quickly with no long chains or problems. I have faith that you will all be reunited soon and when you are, you will all be so grateful for the time spent apart and the closeness that it gave you and it will all be worth it. A story to reflect on one day under the same sun, watching it set and the moon rise from above the water. Every day is a new day and every new day is a day closer.

Chantel :wubclub::hug::wubclub:

I made a phone call to lloyds tsb and got a copy of the travel insurance and then sent that to my co... I forwarded the e-mails as usual to my sons so they can follow the journey ( they are not shouting well done to any recent ones now its becoming real) and I forced myself to go to the cinema and to the harvester for a meal.. my 'friends' are all acting as tho i was off to war.. for months they have been indifferent and now I am used to it they seem determined to pack the last few months with fun to show me how much i will miss them.. oh and I left my broken umbrella on a train..sigh..

Guest Chantel
I made a phone call to lloyds tsb and got a copy of the travel insurance and then sent that to my co... I forwarded the e-mails as usual to my sons so they can follow the journey ( they are not shouting well done to any recent ones now its becoming real) and I forced myself to go to the cinema and to the harvester for a meal.. my 'friends' are all acting as tho i was off to war.. for months they have been indifferent and now I am used to it they seem determined to pack the last few months with fun to show me how much i will miss them.. oh and I left my broken umbrella on a train..sigh..

Looool :wub: friends and family do moving to Aus like going off to war! that tickled me because it is soooo true and I have been trying to find an analogy for it! bless em for worrying or being concerned, missing us, but I see it that we are just moving house not going off to die some where! besides, would probably see them all more often if they got a nice holiday out of visiting! :tongue:

Looool :wub: friends and family do moving to Aus like going off to war! that tickled me because it is soooo true and I have been trying to find an analogy for it! bless em for worrying or being concerned, missing us, but I see it that we are just moving house not going off to die some where! besides, would probably see them all more often if they got a nice holiday out of visiting! :tongue:

ha ha its true people really are acting like im off to afghanistan.. i start talking about insurance to her this evening she says ssh babe ( she has never called me this before) i cant think about you going away lets enjoy the time we have... i am starting to feel bad that i dont feel bad if you know what i mean!

Guest Tracey72

Removals been and coming back to take and ship off :0 very emotional, a little scared now about leaving! I'm sure once I'm there in Perth it will be fine.......I hope! Did anyone else feel this nervous just before they were leaving??? 1 and a half weeks to go !!!!!

Guest Chantel

Hubby's police check just arrived ~ Of-course he's a star with no trace of criminal activity! Now to do copies of everything :cute::cute::ssign19::ssign19::cute::cute:

Guest Chantel
had e-mail all my paperwork is good so they are waiting for the health examination clearance to finalise my visa.. cant breathe.. speechless...

That's excellent! :yes: Do you know how long you have to wait for the health check to go through?

That's excellent! :yes: Do you know how long you have to wait for the health check to go through?

i have been told that if they do it on line and all ok a few days maximum so i will let you know.. not that i am worried i will fail or anything :o

Archived