What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Some really good updates, Good Luck Guys!!!!

Keeping everything crossed:biggrin:

Rec'd an email from an employer today saying that as we are self employed we are considered a "conflict of interest" to them. Sent a begging reply, in for a pound in for a penny - got nothing to lose!

Still waiting to hear back from TRA - they would drive a Nun to the Bottle!!!:cry:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chantel

Rec'd an email from an employer today saying that as we are self employed we are considered a "conflict of interest" to them. Sent a begging reply, in for a pound in for a penny - got nothing to lose!

Still waiting to hear back from TRA - they would drive a Nun to the Bottle!!!:cry:

Awwwwww bless ya! You'll be right, don't give up! What visa you going for? I hope it gets sorted for you :wubclub:

would have thought the security of knowing if employment was terminated you would have 28 days to leave the country would have been enough !!!!!! one wonders how they are able to employ anybody ?

would have thought the security of knowing if employment was terminated you would have 28 days to leave the country would have been enough !!!!!! one wonders how they are able to employ anybody ?

OH has stated that in his "begging" letter back to them. Time will tell ... At least they responded. We have sent off 15 now and this was our first response. We are only applying for jobs that are currently being advertised. When we have more time or a definite No from TRA then we will hit it head off and do our research and hit ground running and send out mailshots to employers.

Chantel - not too sure at the mo. Would pefer a 190 or 489, but we would be happy with a 457 as we are trying to get through TRA - not an easy task!!!!

OH has stated that in his "begging" letter back to them. Time will tell ... At least they responded. We have sent off 15 now and this was our first response. We are only applying for jobs that are currently being advertised. When we have more time or a definite No from TRA then we will hit it head off and do our research and hit ground running and send out mailshots to employers.

Chantel - not too sure at the mo. Would pefer a 190 or 489, but we would be happy with a 457 as we are trying to get through TRA - not an easy task!!!!

that's pretty good 15 out and 1 response !! CV must be good..

Hopefully wont be long now !

Guest Chantel
Packing packing packing that is all I've done for weeks now movers come Monday

That's good, you are packing for a reason! :biggrin:

Guest AKA63029
Movers arriving on Friday, stress levels are starting to rise!!! So much to do!!!

Good luck Wardie, you'll be fine.

Just remember to leave the kettle till last.:yes:

Been sorting out what we taking and having a good clear out.....wow where does all the stuff come from........ Also decorating getting house ready......getting there....yay

Becci

You'll get there Hon. I have OCD tendancies and am always taking stuff to the dog's charity shop.

Booked holiday rental for first 3 weeks, booked hire car and said an emotional goodbye to our primary school teachers and staff! School finished at 3.30pm and we left at 4.40pm! I wasn't the only one in tears! :cry:

Trace

Guest Down Wunderer

Taken my Ielts! Not sure what to make of it really.....pretty sure I did well in the reading and listening, but writing was a bit iffy....how do you give a 250 word opinion about something you have little knowledge of? Also realised how my hand-writing has suffered now that I use the computer to write virtually everything, compounded by the need to write quickly! Not much good doing an English test that looks like it's written in Arabic!

Biggest concern was the speaking...the examiner seemed to turn routine conversation into a bit of a cross-examination, I noticed my normal ability to speak fluently hampered by her forced questions.

Anyone else left the test with similar concerns.......Should a native english speaker really be worried?

Archived