What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Much strength for you Candygirl! Really lots!

Today, I have found that our Oz dreams may not happen... as a colleague of work of mine submitted for Vic SS in the exact same job category as me (who did get a positive VETASSESS assessment however she submitted in early April and we submitted early May) was rejected for SS from Victoria today! :cry: Vic stated that her skills were not specialized enough for Vic even though she does meet the criteria for DIAC. Acks!! She works in the same lab as me and I'm thoroughly gutted just thinking about it. I can't really focus right now on my thesis so I'm just thinking of backup plans now... Have emailed my migration agent who should have received our documents we sent off on Friday yesterday. So, fingers crossed we get a miracle!! :arghh:

Oh Honey, I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. You can appeal the decision and they do refund if the appeal is successful. Your agent will have more of an idea about that.

This is the problem - the left does not know what the right is doing and people are saying different things as to what is written on their guidelines and whoever you speak to. I have just had good call with DIAC in London. I have outlined everything (poor bloke must have thought his ears were going to fall off) and he has given me some hope. Need to talk it over with OH when he comes back to the office.

Good Luck Sephie. I will keep everything crossed that you have some good news from your agent.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much strength for you Candygirl! Really lots!

Today, I have found that our Oz dreams may not happen... as a colleague of work of mine submitted for Vic SS in the exact same job category as me (who did get a positive VETASSESS assessment however she submitted in early April and we submitted early May) was rejected for SS from Victoria today! :cry: Vic stated that her skills were not specialized enough for Vic even though she does meet the criteria for DIAC. Acks!! She works in the same lab as me and I'm thoroughly gutted just thinking about it. I can't really focus right now on my thesis so I'm just thinking of backup plans now... Have emailed my migration agent who should have received our documents we sent off on Friday yesterday. So, fingers crossed we get a miracle!! :arghh:

My daughter and myself applied for residency in 2001, I got mine by marrying an australian.

she got hers by working in the outback in horrendous conditions for over a year. She went personally to the immigration office in Brisbane to apply for her permanent residency which they had refused. She sat down with an immigration officer and put her case forward (with a few tears I must admit). The immigration officer said to her, if you promise to stay in QLD and don't bugger off to NSW, you can have your residency.

There are always ways around things. Keep trying.

Good luck x

Guest laroo76

Rang vodafone to get iphones unlocked, they said they normally charge £20 but would do it for free...yippee!!

Guest kim1985g

Hello, My husband is currently applying for a job in Australia and if he gets it we will be in Oz by the end of the year.:-) He had his first interview yesterday and all seems to have gone well as he has been asked to go back in 2 weeks to meet with the CEO of the company he would be working for as he comes into the country at the end of this month. Today has been spent on the phone with city & guilds trying to get copies of my husbands training certificates for the visa application.

Kim x

Yesterday morning , still can't believe it .at every point I've had a hurdle to jump .

Now to start planning our move and a party :wink:

thankyou heather again for the books and support and to Mille and sporty ,you have kept me going

Yesterday morning , still can't believe it .at every point I've had a hurdle to jump .

thankyou heather again for the books and support and to Mille and sporty ,you have kept me going

Aw thanks Ade, that will be some party :yes:

I am still on the hurdles but trying to hang in :unsure:

Millie x

I think everyone on this site are doing good...they offer support to us mere minions knowing first hand what we are all going through...

Now there's just Millie to get her grant after the long battle she has had...

You never did tell me what was funny in that IELTS book! Lol.

Are you still going to Perth?

Yeh off to Perth ,duncraig .

On the back of the book ,there were some very bad spelling mistakes .when you read it it was hilarious ,then I looked at where it was printed .....Korea :cute:

Come on millie lets get that visa

Sent off the police checks--and started clearing my top drawer--2 drawers done---several more to go--but I've done enough for today:cool:. Currently enjoying the touch and feel of Oz notes and imagining life under the blue skies!

Left loads of charity bags out on the front lawn 1st thing this morning, came home from work to find that nobody has bothered to collect them!!! :-( Will have to load them in the car now and drop them all off tomorrow somewhere!

On a plus point, have taken more stuff to the tip, booked appointments in Perth with the bank to activate our bank account and arranged a meeting with the Business Centre!

Well over the last fortnight it feels like Operation Oz has finally kicked off...uni course, exams & essays done, shippers booked, house sale coming along, utilities cancelled, furniture on eBay, various cupboards sorted, dream job in Melbourne secured (!!!), plans made to spend time with f&f in final weeks and probably lots other things. All this whilst working full time - lucky no children to look after! Next week is about shippers and moving out my little London pad - big changes imminent, eek! 8 weeks and counting til I step on that plane and it's beginning to feel like its in sight!!! Yeay!!! Bring it on!

An update to the saga of obtaining Vic SS, my migration agent sent yet another email this morning to Victoria literally "begging" them to make the decision before the 29th of June to enable us to submit the 176 in before July 1st changes. This was because he finally got a reply to the email he sent last Friday querying the status of my application. He had this in reply from Vic...

Thank you for your email. The application is currently in the latter stages of assessment and we will have an outcome as soon as possible.

My agent seems to be confident that we will get it, if not, he already apparently has other strategies, so we shall see! Another few more days of living on tenterhooks... :arghh:

An update to the saga of obtaining Vic SS, my migration agent sent yet another email this morning to Victoria literally "begging" them to make the decision before the 29th of June to enable us to submit the 176 in before July 1st changes. This was because he finally got a reply to the email he sent last Friday querying the status of my application. He had this in reply from Vic...

My agent seems to be confident that we will get it, if not, he already apparently has other strategies, so we shall see! Another few more days of living on tenterhooks... :arghh:

Good Luck Sephie, let's hope it is good news.

We have sent an email to TRA stating our case for them to assess us. After 9 months I am fed up of banging my head against a brick wall. If this fails, we will have to decide whether to wait another year or I will need to convince my husband to find a sponsor and go down the 457 route - this will take all of my female charm:laugh:

Archived