Shortest Time in Oz?

alandeej

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep been there too, quite a nice place actually:) how about you?

Wow! How did you manage that? My sister works for a large international aid agency and couldn't get into North Korea!

Sorry guys, but I have to say this...

I did warn you that your negativity and constant jibes at people who just wanted to help you, would ultimately lead to your own downfall and unhappiness in Australia. I, for one, really tried hard to assist with advice, but all you gave me was a kick up the butt. You SHOULD pack up and go home and be sure to dissuade any other Brits who haven't done their homework to please stay in the UK where they belong. We don't need wingers in Australia, and we certainly didn't force you to join us in the beautiful country. Perhaps you need to find your inner happiness before blaming everyone around you for things not working out the way you want them to. It's clear to me that even if you moved to planet mars, where there is no life, you would find fault with the aliens too!!

I see you have finally arrived in Australia, l hope you like Australia after complaining about your time Scotland and that you couldn't settle in the UK elsewhere on this forum and then take a 'pop' at those who can't settle here. Glad you have managed to get into Perth, better than regional WA!

Get over it , all of you......if you like Oz GREAT....get on with your life, if you don't FINE...go back. The messages you are posting for people currently wanting to come to Oz is detrimental and I am sure you are putting a lot off or giving them serious doubts when this could well be an experience of a lifetime for them. Get POSITIVE folks. People live on hope .

And apart from the obvious differences between a city and a regional small town, the Australian culture is pretty much the same Australia wide.

Australia is definitely NOT the same country Australia wide. This has been my experience after living in 4 different Australian cities and country areas in 2 different states.

The "Australian" life others talk about on here is often so different to my "Australian" life that they may as well be living in a foreign country.

It's just the impression I get from reading your posts. Thanks for clarifying though.

Tradie Hero - I didn't have time to answer this the other day....BUT...

I'm amazed you could get the impression that I dislike the UK from a single ONE of my posts. There's not one of the 1200 or so I can think of which implies that. In fact I love some parts of the UK so much that I have sacrificed a considerable part of my life and my eyesight transcribing old English parish registers for the sake of posterity and English heritage.

The only thing I do object to on PIO is posters making inaccurate and absurd generalisations about the entire country of Australia based on their experience of a particular location or circumstance.

I don't care that they are showing their ignorance of the rest of the country but I do care that people who are searching for accurate information may be basing their decisions on information which is misleading.

Get over it , all of you......if you like Oz GREAT....get on with your life, if you don't FINE...go back. The messages you are posting for people currently wanting to come to Oz is detrimental and I am sure you are putting a lot off or giving them serious doubts when this could well be an experience of a lifetime for them. Get POSITIVE folks. People live on hope .

"Them" can find out themselves, couldn't they?

I for one would never be deterred of something I really wanted to do, despite of the opinions of a very few.

Besides, people who have negative opinions of this place have just as much right to post their experiences as you or anybody else.

Ah, you're obviously very new to all this.

If someone is half hearted enough about a move to let a load of anonymous board posters influence their decision then perhaps they had better not move half way round the world to a foreign country. If a "negative" post makes someone have a thought about what they might do should the worst or something unexpected happen to them then it's a post worth making.

Telling people to bugger off back whence they came if they dont like it is so passe - many of us were trapped at the ar$e end of the world (thank you P Keating) and unable to escape for a myriad reasons (as you can see, I did escape but after a hell of a lot of tunnelling LOL). Their feelings and opinions are just as valid as the most Pollyannaish of wannabe migrants who would like to think that the temperature is a pleasant 25C every day of the year right across the country and everyone lives in a 4x2 with pool and has a job earning $150k pa.

I would much rather that anyone making a life changing move to the other side of the world did it with their eyes open to all the issues that may befall them then they will stand a much better chance of making it work in the longer run.

I struggle a bit to understand why some people feel that negative posts have no place on PIO, particularly when it comes to the MBTTUK threads. I’m not talking about the sweeping generalisations that don’t really stand up to scrutiny (although it has to be said that they are made in fairly equal measure about the UK. I am so tired of reading about the ‘hell hole’ I supposedly live in). But if folk have doubts because of something they read here, isn’t it better for those doubts to be addressed before they make any final decisions? Personally I would rather know that some people really struggle with X, Y or Z, because I could then start to think about whether those issues might be a problem for me, and how I might deal with them.

Asking people not to post their negative experiences may make for a more comfortable read, but it doesn’t change people’s experiences or views. Surely as adults we can balance the positive and negative posts and make up our own minds?

Asking people not to post their negative experiences may make for a more comfortable read, but it doesn’t change people’s experiences or views. Surely as adults we can balance the positive and negative posts and make up our own minds?

If anything, those who are on here trying to censor certain opinions different to their own, should butt out!!! :tongue:

Guest MongooseB

Perhaps if you knew more about the folk who started this thread, you would understand. I, unfortunately, have had first handed experience, along with quite a few others. It is a pity they are so unhappy, and I genuinely mean that as I know how much they had looked forward to this move. That said, there have been some incredibly horrible remarks made on another site which has infuriated many folk and it is completely unecessary.

On that note, if it pleases you to join the Ausie bashing, far be it for me to stand in the way of your self inflicted misery. I love it here and could only ever hope that others find the happiness we have found in Aus.

Good luck to you, I hope you find what it is you are looking for.

We lived in one (no pool though) and husband earned above the golden $150k.....still rubbish....(wonder if it was because we didn't have a pool....) Lol

We got one and a pool but don't earn nowhere near that figure but we love it! Figure that one then. Lol

Loving Fremantle!

We got one and a pool but don't earn nowhere near that figure but we love it! Figure that one then. Lol

Loving Fremantle!

Maybe the key to happiness is having a pool then....

But then one of our friends has one and seems to be involved in a constant battle to keep it clear. He says its green at the moment, something to do with lightning strikes??

Maybe the key to happiness is having a pool then....

But then one of our friends has one and seems to be involved in a constant battle to keep it clear. He says its green at the moment, something to do with lightning strikes??

Nope, Algae is normally due to high phosphates. I've never had green water. Once the pool gets out of balance, algae is normally the first to show.

Nope, Algae is normally due to high phosphates. I've never had green water. Once the pool gets out of balance, algae is normally the first to show.

Someone's peeing in the pool!!! :swoon:

Or is it?

http://x.havuz.org/viewtopic.php?t=4946

Has your pool ever been struck by lightning though? Our friend says its quite common in Kal and no-one really knows how to get the colour back to normal

Or is it?

http://x.havuz.org/viewtopic.php?t=4946

Has your pool ever been struck by lightning though? Our friend says its quite common in Kal and no-one really knows how to get the colour back to normal

Lightning is normally accompanied by rain and airborn dust. It's these that put phosphate into the pool.................you can get it even from run-off from your yard which is why a lipped pool is preferable...............he says in hindsight:rolleyes:............I didn't get a lip on my pool 'cause I was frightened of the kids tripping

Tradie Hero - I didn't have time to answer this the other day....BUT...

I'm amazed you could get the impression that I dislike the UK from a single ONE of my posts. There's not one of the 1200 or so I can think of which implies that. In fact I love some parts of the UK so much that I have sacrificed a considerable part of my life and my eyesight transcribing old English parish registers for the sake of posterity and English heritage.

The only thing I do object to on PIO is posters making inaccurate and absurd generalisations about the entire country of Australia based on their experience of a particular location or circumstance.

I don't care that they are showing their ignorance of the rest of the country but I do care that people who are searching for accurate information may be basing their decisions on information which is misleading.

Then why are you permanently on a section for Pomes moving back to the UK when you yourself have no intention?? Hidden agenda???

Then why are you permanently on a section for Pomes moving back to the UK when you yourself have no intention?? Hidden agenda???

I am not "permanently on" the MBTTUK section or any other PIO forum.

I look only at the New Posts section and respond from there.

Any PIO member is permitted to post to any PIO forum.

"Hidden agenda???"

I am aware that there are people searching PIO for factual information on which to base one of the most important decisions of their life...possibly THE most important decision of their life.

The reason I respond should be quite clear from my previous post:

I do care that people who are searching for accurate information may be basing their decisions on information which is misleading.

That is my agenda - there is nothing hidden about it.

Pomes moving back to the UK when you yourself have no intention??

I don't recall having ever discussed my private life with you.

I do care that people who are searching for accurate information may be basing their decisions on information which is misleading.

Well if they base their decisions entirely on what they read in MBTTUK and decide not to move to Australia, then might I suggest that they must be very stupid indeed and Australia doesn't need them... there are more than enpugh stupid people here already!!!! ;-)

:biglaugh:

Archived