Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

Yeah would be good to see a couple without the little ones , families look for zoo's and parks , i get that , but young couples look for different things , a little night life , sporting activities etc ..

we'll never see a single person on WDU but just imagine ,.......................................................................

So lee , u have a deposit and looking to spend $??? how about this 1/2 bedroom .

your job is ?????? so u can expect to earn something around $$??

After you have spent $$?? on food to feed just yourself you average monthly disposable income could be $$???

I will be going from £16K uk and paying £760 a month mortgage to $90k start wage with ZERO commitments in oz ,

just watch me twirl that flag ,actually i wont bother , OZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simples :-)

lee

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been told if you want to get British t.v. in Australia try :

http://malaysiabay.org/

these are not too bad also :

http://isohunt.com/

http://tvunderground.org.ru

UKNova do not share / download anything you can buy .

Just wanted to say I think Nikki Chapman is an excellent presenter ... I am sure she has to say what she is told to on the programme ... but when you see her on the "Revisited " series she comes across as a very friendly , caring lady . I have also seen her on programmes to do with moving to the country in the U.K. ... again she is friendly , easy to listen to and not pushy ... some of them on there make you think that their job depends on the people liking all the properties ...

just my opinion ...

When she came here she was everything you described above with the added bonus of being a down to earth girl with no heirs and graces. She was loads taller than id expected though,lol.. Havent really watched the shows so not sure how she is protryaed on TV but to an extent she does have to say what they want her to.

Cal x

Guest thehoe5
When she came here she was everything you described above with the added bonus of being a down to earth girl with no heirs and graces. She was loads taller than id expected though,lol.. Havent really watched the shows so not sure how she is protryaed on TV but to an extent she does have to say what they want her to.

Cal x

I second this Cal...what a lovely TALL lady!!

She was great with us then when they were about to leave the hire car got a flat tyre so they were here ages we had a lovely chat!!

I told her to join pomsinOz...not sure she has though but she said she'd take a look but she was worried there were horrible things wrote about her...I told her there were only lovely poms one here so we might get a visit!!!:wink:

I second this Cal...what a lovely TALL lady!!

She was great with us then when they were about to leave the hire car got a flat tyre so they were here ages we had a lovely chat!!

I told her to join pomsinOz...not sure she has though but she said she'd take a look but she was worried there were horrible things wrote about her...I told her there were only lovely poms one here so we might get a visit!!!:wink:

Ooh she might be a secret reader. Or she may even post! Who knows!!??

How's things coming along with the house sale?

Guest thehoe5

Well me being me I want everything right before it goes up so i concocted a list of things for us both to do before it goes up Ive done mine but guess what????.... I shall be cracking the whip this weekend as I have estate agents coming next week!

Fingers crossed it will sell straight away for the full asking price!!! .....yea right!!:animal-pig: might fly!!!

Well me being me I want everything right before it goes up so i concocted a list of things for us both to do before it goes up Ive done mine but guess what????.... I shall be cracking the whip this weekend as I have estate agents coming next week!

Fingers crossed it will sell straight away for the full asking price!!! .....yea right!!:animal-pig: might fly!!!

Ooh i love lists. You know where you stand with a list.

Best of luck, i will keep everything crossed for you for a fast (and full asking price!)sale!

Guest thehoe5
ooooh i LOVE wanted down under! anyone who has been on it on here?

There's a few of us on here Cal, Jasper Buchanan airing 12th Jan and Si T is on on the 25th I believe!!! Enjoy xxx

Guest thehoe5
So your on TV tomorrow??? how exciting!!!!!! Cant wait!!,

Tx

Nooo we have been and gone on the 3rd (old news!) :laugh: its The Buchanan family tomorrow... they are lovely xx

Guest kianobeano

Hi

woudn't it be better if they

valued house first

then looked at jobs

spoke to mortgage company to get idea of what was affordable, repayments etc..

then viewed houses ??

Can i ask if anyone on the programme saw other houses on their free time ?

thanks jen x

How easy was it to get on?

There's a thread somewhere that I have outlined the process in. I think there were around 14000 applicants and they are looking for people for the next series. You never know your luck. Email them at wanteddownunder@bbc.co.uk for an application form.

Its good fun if you go into it with open eyes and research like mad before you go.

Good luck

Si

I sent off an e-mail, then more info....then even more info! Although it's been about 4 weeks and not heard back so i don't think we got any further. Not surprised, not enough conflict between DH and I (over emigrating) i suspect lol.

I agree...i did the same but we are all willing and up for the change! We even have family approval! Doesnt make good television when there is no conflict or wobbles about giving everything up in the UK.

I agree...i did the same but we are all willing and up for the change! We even have family approval! Doesnt make good television when there is no conflict or wobbles about giving everything up in the UK.

Sorry should have said ihavent heard anything either and judging by the fact they were due to start filming early in the year i dont think we got to the next stage!

There's a thread somewhere that I have outlined the process in. I think there were around 14000 applicants and they are looking for people for the next series. You never know your luck. Email them at wanteddownunder@bbc.co.uk for an application form.

Its good fun if you go into it with open eyes and research like mad before you go.

Good luck

Si

Thanks already done it, just wondered if they came back and ask anything else. I assume it's just pot luck if they pick you then, especially if 14000 apply, Imagine looking at all the applications:eek:

Guest thehoe5
Hi

woudn't it be better if they

valued house first

then looked at jobs

spoke to mortgage company to get idea of what was affordable, repayments etc..

then viewed houses ??

Can i ask if anyone on the programme saw other houses on their free time ?

thanks jen x

Hi Jen

we stayed out for an extra three weeks and in this time we spent loads of time looking at houses, you have to remember they need to make good tv so taking you to houses they know your not going to like for the price you want to pay then show you houses that you cant afford but know you will love it!!

Anyway my point is there are plenty of houses in the area we like, the size we would want, with a pool and WALK IN WARDROBES!!:biglaugh: at a price we can afford!!

Look on http://www.realestate.com/au there are plenty of houses on there i would move in tomorrow!!!

Regards,

Lisa x

Shame on the BBC for giving a false impression to potential migrants. I'm sure they must be getting high viewing figures for the programme to justify funding more series, but how many people are put off at the first hurdle due to watching it. Sure there are some that come on POI and other forums and find out the truth, warts and all, but it does make me wonder how many just shelve the idea of migration indefinitely, but why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Hi Jen

we stayed out for an extra three weeks and in this time we spent loads of time looking at houses, you have to remember they need to make good tv so taking you to houses they know your not going to like for the price you want to pay then show you houses that you cant afford but know you will love it!!

Anyway my point is there are plenty of houses in the area we like, the size we would want, with a pool and WALK IN WARDROBES!!:biglaugh: at a price we can afford!!

Look on www.realestate.com/au there are plenty of houses on there i would move in tomorrow!!!

Regards,

Lisa x

Totally agree with the Hoe family on the point that their are much better houses out there than what the show features. Dont know about it mabking ogg TV, what it does at my end is give all the doubters about our move a chance to get their NEB in lol.

Totally agree with the Hoe family on the above point, there are indeed much better houses out there for your money despite the exchange rate than what the show features. However, sure about it making good TV. Nonetheless, what it does at my end, is give all the doubters about our move so called friends and family that never visit a chance to get their NEB in lol

Archived