Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, just watched today's episode and it was really interesting. Though the salaries sounded good! Again, would be interesting to hear what they decided to do. Perhaps the daughter's boyfriend would decide to go as well. I know i certainly would!

How could that happen ? boyfriend to go & live with them smuggle him in in there suite case lol.

Guest thehoe5
Not seen todays yet , forgot to set sky plus, will try to iplayer it :-)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr just looked , its still the episode from the Andrews family .......

tho have set sky plus to catch the rest :-)

lee

Rang the BBC all sorted now x

Guest thehoe5

I wished id never looked it was awful was called a slut for having daughter to different dad, a stuck up bitch and even a ........sorry cant even write it!!

Anyway as you said its the price you pay and at the end of the day we needed Ellie to see for herself before trying to drag her kicking and screaming and we couldn't have got a better result so I'm happy.

At the end of the day they don't know me so I shouldn't have let them bother me...but I don't like to think people think that of me :frown:

Anyway thanks for the lovely comments about Ellie, shes got a boyfriend since coming back and all loved up but im hoping it doesn't last ...for my sake not hers!! so selfish!!

We are putting the house on the market in the next couple of weeks and think we're going down the s/s 176 to NSW as this seems faster route before Ellie turns 18 and it gets more complicated!!

I'll be on here as I find it really useful for advice:notworthy:

Speak soon xx

Guest The Pom Queen
I wished id never looked it was awful was called a slut for having daughter to different dad, a stuck up bitch and even a ........sorry cant even write it!!

Anyway as you said its the price you pay and at the end of the day we needed Ellie to see for herself before trying to drag her kicking and screaming and we couldn't have got a better result so I'm happy.

At the end of the day they don't know me so I shouldn't have let them bother me...but I don't like to think people think that of me :frown:

Anyway thanks for the lovely comments about Ellie, shes got a boyfriend since coming back and all loved up but im hoping it doesn't last ...for my sake not hers!! so selfish!!

We are putting the house on the market in the next couple of weeks and think we're going down the s/s 176 to NSW as this seems faster route before Ellie turns 18 and it gets more complicated!!

Speak soon xx

Please don't take it personal, yes I know easier said than done, but these people don't know YOU. Lots of hugs Kate :hug:

Speak soon xx

Dont let it get to you,, i got quite a bit of 'unkind stick' when we did the show and to be honest ,, stuff em ! They dont know me personally and they sure as hell dont understand how a TV company edits a show to make it look like they want it.. Id rather be slated for being genuine and 'not posh' than try to be someone im not or as my nan wouldve said all fur coat and no knickers,lol. Also remember jealousy brings out the worst in some people,,,,

Keep smiling

Cal x

Speak soon xx

That's so nice to find out you're making the move. As i said previously i love the revisited's as you get to find out if people actually get to Oz.

As the song 'Sunscreen' goes (heard it on the radio the other day, first time in yonks!) "Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults" And the most important bit for when you get to Oz "Wear sunscreen"!!! :biglaugh::cute:

Guest The Pom Queen
From the time we started the WDU process I have maintained that they can portray me how they want as I am getting what I wanted in return. My wife is a little worried about how they will edit the show but 99.9% of the people watching are, and always will be, strangers to me so I am not particularly bothered what their opinion is. To the point that I won't even go looking for comments other than on here as most people will have a basic understanding of how the show works from previous threads. To a certain degree, even the people I do know at home can say what they want, come the 13th March we are on the way to the airport so their opinion doesn't really mean a lot going forward. Our family and close friends know the people we are and if anyone thinks any differently then good luck to them. I won't be losing any sleep I can assure you.

Ironically, the day our episode is being shown we are flying to Lanzarote for a short break with some of our close family and friends as a send off just before it airs so won't get a chance to see it until we get back and will have seen any reaction before we see the show. Probably better that way to be honest.

My sister did an episode of Deal or No Deal about a year ago and because she was nervous and made a throwaway comment about being able to afford matching underwear she was slated on FB etc. When she called me upset my response was that some people have the brass ones to get out there and do it while others have such a pathetic life they spend it sitting at home making comments about people they do not know, but had the courage to try, on social networking sites.

I know which I would rather be. I just hope they don't focus too much on the cross dressing.

What a great way to look at it and I promise not to laugh at the cross dressing unless you are wearing pink.

Guest mattanlisa
Oh dear......not looking good for todays couple. Fingers crossed!

I agree,thought i had wrong channel on. Jeremy Kyle came to mind! Have to say tho,really felt for the hubby,they're so young and can always come back if it doesn't work out. Lets hope she can compromise as it's obvious he has been doing so for a long time. What lovely supportive parents he has too,totally committed to their son's family being happy and not dwelling on themselves.A refreshing change TBH!

Speak soon xx

Just wanted to say we really enjoyed your show - you have a lovely family. Good luck, we are going through the process too so understand the ups and downs. Keep us all posted......

Speak soon xx

Hiya,

Just wanted to say that I can't believe the comments that other people have said on other sites! It is completely absolutely and mindblowingly stupid!

I thought that you were a fantastic family and all had your heads screwed on!!! I was very impressed with how you all dealt with the decisions, and your daughter is a true credit to you and your family. I thought how mature and kind she was, and was not like a lot of teenagers and people my own age!

I am so glad that you liked Australia and I would just like to wish you the absolute best for your new life. Keep in touch, and as far as I'm concerned those awful naysayers might as well go and swivel!

How many of them are doing what you are doing for your family? They don't even have the b**ls to dare to try and find out if moving to Australia is worthwhile!!! Aaaaaarghh! That makes me so mad.

Sorry they were so awful, but I really think you are a great bunch of people and good luck with whatever you do! Xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hiya,

Just wanted to say that I can't believe the comments that other people have said on other sites! It is completely absolutely and mindblowingly stupid!

I thought that you were a fantastic family and all had your heads screwed on!!! I was very impressed with how you all dealt with the decisions, and your daughter is a true credit to you and your family. I thought how mature and kind she was, and was not like a lot of teenagers and people my own age!

I am so glad that you liked Australia and I would just like to wish you the absolute best for your new life. Keep in touch, and as far as I'm concerned those awful naysayers might as well go and swivel!

How many of them are doing what you are doing for your family? They don't even have the b**ls to dare to try and find out if moving to Australia is worthwhile!!! Aaaaaarghh! That makes me so mad.

Sorry they were so awful, but I really think you are a great bunch of people and good luck with whatever you do! Xx

Theres been similar people on this site in the past, fortunately most have been eradicated. lol

You can either ignore them, or take them to task, or like me .............. take the piddle out of them, they all fit the same profile, angry, stupid, inept saddo's who are a waste of space, so just ignore them, all those who go on a goldfish bowl show like WDU deserve alot of credit and anyone who disagrees come round to my house and i'll stick me boot up yer jacksy.

ORrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you could spray them with this. lol

Troll.jpg?t=1245547890

Theres been similar people on this site in the past, fortunately most have been eradicated. lol

You can either ignore them, or take them to task, or like me .............. take the piddle out of them, they all fit the same profile, angry, stupid, inept saddo's who are a waste of space, so just ignore them, all those who go on a goldfish bowl show like WDU deserve alot of credit and anyone who disagrees come round to my house and i'll stick me boot up yer jacksy.

ORrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you could spray them with this. lol

Troll.jpg?t=1245547890

The worst thing is that none of then would have cajones to say it to peoples faces. Internet warriors through and through

Well I have enjoyed having wanted down under back on our screens, especially as they have been in Perth! We move in May and seeing it on tele has only got us even more excited, if possible. I like the refreshing new lay out, although I too think the family bit is a drag and doesn't interest me, but I suppose that bit is only personal to the families. I liked the Hoe's episode when Nicky Chapman went back to their house to meet and have a catch up, I think that would be a good idea with all families so we have an update. I hope to see more of Perth in this series, there seems to be quite a difference with Perth and the Brisbane shows...it seems Perth is a good move for the families involved, and Brisbane not so good, but maybe that is just a coincident.

I would like to see a childless couple! We are not all pushing prams and looking for quality family time in the park....what about seeing some night life and social groups in action :wink: I could go on and compare the price for a glass of wine rather then the house's:laugh:

take care all, Lucy.

Guest mattanlisa
Well I have enjoyed having wanted down under back on our screens, especially as they have been in Perth! We move in May and seeing it on tele has only got us even more excited, if possible. I like the refreshing new lay out, although I too think the family bit is a drag and doesn't interest me, but I suppose that bit is only personal to the families. I liked the Hoe's episode when Nicky Chapman went back to their house to meet and have a catch up, I think that would be a good idea with all families so we have an update. I hope to see more of Perth in this series, there seems to be quite a difference with Perth and the Brisbane shows...it seems Perth is a good move for the families involved, and Brisbane not so good, but maybe that is just a coincident.

I would like to see a childless couple! We are not all pushing prams and looking for quality family time in the park....what about seeing some night life and social groups in action :wink: I could go on and compare the price for a glass of wine rather then the house's:laugh:

take care all, Lucy.

You go girl! Wish i'd done it years ago but better late than never! We're near you at the mo,swadlincote but hope to be perth one day too. Keep posting tho as it's nice too hear new accounts of perth and surroundings when you do go.Until then,good luck with everything along the way. x

Archived