Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

Just enjoy it! I look forward to seeing it. Where did you go in oz? I hope they just show a few more Perth ones this series but we may have had them all now.

We stayed in Upper Coomera as we have friends already out there, I've a brother in Perth, both hubby and I love Perth but think Brisbane has more opportunities for us.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, just wondering has your show already aired or if not, when are you on.

Do you mind me asking could you move dates on when you went t o Oz or was that set by them.

Dbbie

Hi Debbie, our show is on this wednesday. BBC asked us what dates we could do in this years summer hols, they really do try and work around your dates.

Michelle

Hi Debbie, our show is on this wednesday. BBC asked us what dates we could do in this years summer hols, they really do try and work around your dates.

Michelle

Look forward to watching it.

I love the program, put tv on as soon as I get in from work, the tea has to wait until I've watched it, lol.

I love watching this programme, but sometimes would love to know more about the people on it. Todays family with the girl at Uni and two boys, one autistic, left me shouting at the screen lol! Why doesn't the girl join them when she's finished her course at Uni? Why didn't the man want to go??? Yes he would have to work for someone else for awhile rather than be self employed but he knew that. But it seemed like better job prospects, better wages and better lifestle for the family. I don't think he said he'd miss family from UK and he suggested the move in the first place. What was his reasons for staying in the uK??? I hope he does decide to go with his wife and they get on ok, she deserves to live her dream now after bringing her children up.

Guest jimmyoz
Living hand to mouth but out the blue they have a disposable income of £180,000 ??????????????????????

You need to get a grip, always about money every post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money, money, money must funny in a sad mans world:biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Is it just me that thinks 'Wanted Down Under' doesn't really give a very accurate representation of life in Australia or what ??

Some of the houses they show are way too expensive for even well established Ozzies let a lone new immigrant families etc ...

I think anyone rushing into buying a propety too soon after arriving is mad. You need at least a year or so renting to find which state/city/suburb suits your needs best.

For anyone who's lived in a house with a pool sorry to say that they can be a nightmare to keep clean, expensive to heat and pool chorine is quite pricey :-S. This is great tho if you have a slave to do all the work for you and an endless supply of cash :-)

Just my opinion but there you go..

Guest tandcmum

i just think the programme goes about it the wrong way, surely what you can afford to get a mortgage for etc in the UK bears no resemblance to what you can get a mortgage for or afford once you are in Oz and earning dollars. they should look at what equity they have or money they have for a deposit, then look at jobs and potential earnings then look at what they can afford to buy then look at houses. I also think realistically mt people go andrent for a couple of years first and it would be nice to see some rental properties shown

Living hand to mouth but out the blue they have a disposable income of £180,000 ??????????????????????

$147 to £ today

I think you've answered your own question. If only we can access exchange rates of one hundred and forty seven dollars to one pound we'll all have an awful lot of disposable income!

Guest jimmyoz
you forgot the be (money money must BE funny)

Nearly a good come back, but you forgot the third MONEY in money, money, money ( which is strange considering how much you love it!!! )

Oh and you forgot to DOT in $147 to the pound ( $1 DOT 47 to the pound )

Guest jimmyoz

Maybe, would be nice if I could make some money, be able to afford the houses on WDU lol

I agree with other post, I think renting is the best option for new migrants and would be good if they showed these options on the TV

In saying that I will always watch the show and enjoy it and can't wait to move down under.

Guest oldmarried

Maggot1971, let me congratulate you on today's show. I think it was one of the best yet. Realistic budget, some genuine issues to deal with and a desperate attempt from both of you to try and understand each other's position. Your little girl is a treasure and your older daughter very mature. I wish you best of luck.

Watching the Hussain family now from Blackburn to Sydney. I love this show but it's torn because Phil's Relocation Down Under is on the other channel, lol!

I do love Aussie houses though, most of them are so open plan and fresh. I don't think a pool would be a big deal for me though, especially if you lived near the beach.

Watching the Hussain family now from Blackburn to Sydney. I love this show but it's torn because Phil's Relocation Down Under is on the other channel, lol!

I do love Aussie houses though, most of them are so open plan and fresh. I don't think a pool would be a big deal for me though, especially if you lived near the beach.

Have you got the details please? Love watching that!

Watching the Hussain family episode yesterday was interesting, I just hope I can get a similar civil engineering job and $$ when we go. Did they really say they only spend 30quid on weekly shop? I think we need to budget more!

Hi to everyone on here who has appeared on the show, thanks for having the guts to put yourself on there even if sometimes it feels like it is just to be shot at! And of course everyone knows that it is edited to make it more ''sensationalist'', otherwise we might as well watch wish you were here!

I watched the FIRST SERIES with the Jones Family ( Donavan) on here, they are lovely people , my friend and now they treat us as part of the family .Really happy and settled like we are, love them all to bits They even came to our wedding we had an awesome day, been friends now for over 4 yrs and to think it all started for us on this website .Thanks everyone .

Wanted Down Under, Series 1, Jones

www.bbc.co.ukThe Jones family spend a week in Queensland with a view to moving to Australia.

Archived