Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

Great show Maggot!! Just finished watching it. You all came across brilliantly! Your daughter was great....I loved her accent she put many smiles on my face. Have you booked the flights yet?

Lucy x

Hi Lucy, we were all so nervous about the show, I can not believe my bleeps at golf! I've never seen a Wanted Down Under with bleeps before lol.

Flights are booked for 2nd Sept via Vegas (whooohoo) have you booked yours yet?

Love Michelle xxx

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Maggot1971, let me congratulate you on today's show. I think it was one of the best yet. Realistic budget, some genuine issues to deal with and a desperate attempt from both of you to try and understand each other's position. Your little girl is a treasure and your older daughter very mature. I wish you best of luck.

Thank you, sorry for the bleeps lol

Love Michelle xxx

Hi Michelle, just watched your show, absolutely loved it and what a lovely family you are.

Just wondering where you are up to with your plans, have you got a moving out date yet.

Good luck.

Debbie x

Hi Debbie, We have booked our flights, seems real now they are book. Leaving 2nd Sept via Vegas. Heading to Brisbane and staying with our lovely friends in the Upper Coomera area.

Love Michelle xxx

Guest kate1981

I have been sky (+) this series and the only thing that disappoints me as we are not home owners here in the UK - it would be great its WDU looked at rental properties.

Hi Lucy, we were all so nervous about the show, I can not believe my bleeps at golf! I've never seen a Wanted Down Under with bleeps before lol.

Flights are booked for 2nd Sept via Vegas (whooohoo) have you booked yours yet?

Love Michelle xxx

Hey Michelle,

Don't worry about the bleeps! Gave your show more edge:wink: Yes our flights are booked for 5th May......15 weeks tomorrow and counting! We can not wait!!:jiggy:

I went to Vegas last October....great fun. We did a Grand Canyon tour too. How long you in Vegas for? We are heading straight to Perth with no stopovers....we are just excited to get there.

Lucy xxx

morning everyone!

We have wanted down under coming rnd on monday morning to do some filmimg...eek!! I applied brob bout 3 weeks go, then they sent an application form, now they are coming rnd to see us.

My question is to those who have been on it: are there any costs that we will have to pay toward the trip at all? or is it just spending monney? im aware that them coming round still doesnt mean we will be on the show

Cheers guys!

Tasha xx

morning everyone!

We have wanted down under coming rnd on monday morning to do some filmimg...eek!! I applied brob bout 3 weeks go, then they sent an application form, now they are coming rnd to see us.

My question is to those who have been on it: are there any costs that we will have to pay toward the trip at all? or is it just spending monney? im aware that them coming round still doesnt mean we will be on the show

Cheers guys!

Tasha xx

well done! Keep us posted...

Has anybody else heard anything?

Hi

We had WDU filming us yesterday, was pretty scary beforehand wondering what they would ask but they were absolutely fantastic, made you feel at ease and just asked about our application. From what we gathered it is just spending money unless you want to stay on longer, then you have to pay for yourself.

Good luck Tasha and keep us informed.

Debbie

X

Watching yesterday's show with the Afanasiev’s and something was really annoying me

I had had a few pints when I was catching up with it so maybe that was it,

but they said they had about £300k to spend on a house

Now I understand they are making a TV program but I don’t think they need to add to the drama by taking people to some of the houses they show them on the program

But yesterday they took them to this house, the second one they showed, and it needed a fair bit of work doing on it to make it livable but the Afanasiev’s were still really positive about it saying they wanted about £400k for it, but it would cost about £100k to do it up but maybe they could get it the £100k cheaper because of the condition

Then Nicky comes on the voiceover and say’s about it still being way over their budget

I was sitting there thinking, Well you took them there!

Then they took them to another house and the same thing happened, it was about £500k and again they said they liked it and was a house they might be interested in

And again Nicky comes on to say about it still being way over their budget

That show used to people to houses under budget, about on budget and over budget to give people an idea of what they could get, now it just seems that they take them to random houses which people will never buy either because of the condition or the price, its almost as if they are trying to put them off at times

Its also very rare they show land and house packages as well

Does anyone know of anyone that’s been on the show that actually bought one of the houses they were shown on the program?

Rant over! :cool:

I agree with you StevieF8 it's ridiculous at times! Iv looked at houses myself when I was over there and found loads a lot cheaper and really nice! Well within budget. Think unless you have been there this program can be very scary.

Hi Debbie

OOh how exciting!!!! I will def let u know how Ii have got on and well done you!!!! This is gonna sound a bit odd, but do they look round your house? its just that my bathroom needs doing and they only told us they were comming yesterday!!!!!

Txxx

No they don't look round your house, so don't worry. They filmed us in our living room. We were only given a few days notice too.

Been looking at your profile page and notice your son is unsure about going, we are in a similar situation with one wanting to go, one not sure about going and the other not wanting to go, kids ehhhh. We also have an older daughter and granddaughter not making move with us.

Keep in touch and don't worry about Monday.

Debbie

Xx

Hey Deb...

Yup its true! And my 11 year burst into tears when I told her that the wanted down under team were coming rnd! Its such a worry isnt it?...

I do hope it works out for you, we have to wait a fourtnight dont we until we are told?

Tx

Yes they said will let us know either way within next two weeks.

Where you planning on heading to. We are looking at Melbourne cos hubby has much better job prospects there.

Guest smogmonster

Hi all, forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere, but i cannot find anyway of applying to the show...can anyone help?

I would love to see an episode of a couple (NO KIDS) who are renting a property..

We dont all have kids it would be good to see a more diverse range of people covered.

Ok series so far but very unrealistic house prices!! Pisses me off that they take people to over budget properties... I just watched 1 episode where out of the 3 houses ALL were over budget where usually at least 1 is within budget..

I think the researchers are a tad lazy as there are loads of houses ALOT CHEAPER than what they show...

Oh I'm so jealous of today's family they were in such a good position, mum and dad out there (sponsorship) brother out there (with a job husband needed) and in end eldest daughter decided to go!! Couldn't have been more perfect! Good luck to them! *goes back to saving....and saving....*

Guest madaboutwatches

it winds me up too that they show the families houses that are way out of they're price range, what good is that to anyone! people that watch the show want to see what sort of property the family can afford, not they're "dream" house!

it winds me up too that they show the families houses that are way out of they're price range, what good is that to anyone! people that watch the show want to see what sort of property the family can afford, not they're "dream" house!

Oh my husband was going mental about it today, it is very unrealistic, there's been a few on here who have been on the programme who've stayed an extra week and done their own research and found ideal properties well within their budget.

I would love to see an episode of a couple (NO KIDS) who are renting a property..

We dont all have kids it would be good to see a more diverse range of people covered.

Ok series so far but very unrealistic house prices!! Pisses me off that they take people to over budget properties... I just watched 1 episode where out of the 3 houses ALL were over budget where usually at least 1 is within budget..

I think the researchers are a tad lazy as there are loads of houses ALOT CHEAPER than what they show...

We have the application forms to fill in, and we have NO kids, and planning to rent. if we get on then you'll be sorted!

Looking forward to seeing Si T on Wednesday :)

You will have to let us know how it goes. We will be flying to Lanzarote and the flight is scheduled for the same time as the start of the programme so we will be using sky+.

I'll be leaving my mobile in the kitchen draw so my mates can't throw too much abuse. I have a little bet on with a couple of people in the pub that if I voted Australia I would try and say it in the accent. Hopefully a nice £20 note coming my way.

Si

Archived