Wanted Down Under series!

Guest ino4ek

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's were a couple, shame it was New Zealand and not Australia buy hey! Anyway they decided to stay put, you could tell he was so not keen!

I saw this today. I finally got round to watching this, so many people keep telling me it is on I had the time & it was NZ, damn I wanted WA.

It was an eye opener still, & made you think about what you need to do. I will try my best to watch tomorrows one, hopefully it is WA.

I made up cards with Ireland on one side and Australia on the other, and little pics of what each country has.

Dolphins, sun, kangaroos etc on Oz and rain, wind, butterflies and flowers so my daughter told me.

I did a running commentary of each country and had my kids along in a line, twirling their card (age 2, 4 and 7)

We all voted Oz, and they think mammy is fun but abit crazy LOL.

Cheers Caz

You will have to let us know how it goes. We will be flying to Lanzarote and the flight is scheduled for the same time as the start of the programme so we will be using sky+.

I'll be leaving my mobile in the kitchen draw so my mates can't throw too much abuse. I have a little bet on with a couple of people in the pub that if I voted Australia I would try and say it in the accent. Hopefully a nice £20 note coming my way.

Si

Oh have a lovely time, and so cannot wait to see you in Perth tomorrow (where I wanna go) will snigger at your twiddling mind ha ha ha. Have a great holiday and good journey to Oz, wish you all the best x :)

so today was a couple, no kids and renting.

Are you referring to the couple in NZ? If so they were going to buy a house and had a budget of £250,000. But they currently rented in London. i want to see what is available for rent in Oz not to buy....It was good to see a couple though but it would have been better if was OZ and not NZ.. seems to be NewZealanders get paid alot less than us Brits and Ozzies!!! I think that couple would have been on double their salaries if they had moved to Oz instead.

Great to see todays programme - PERTH!!!!!

Loved the house in Tapping!!! 4 bedroom, pool, beautiful 350,000 sterling, didnt see what that was in dollars.

Loved to see the whole family out at bootcamp being active! though I wouldnt find it easy getting in at 6am!!!

My heart did break for the granny!!xxx I really feel for that age person, as they probably feel they wont see them again, and cant really get up and go visit. That said, my fatherinlaw is 82 and is planning on a trip to Oz. He was last there at age 79!!!!

Love Perth, gave me a boost to keep going with this visa process xxx

Cazmayo

I saw it today too Cazmayo, it was really good. I thought the girl, Kirsty, was brave & she did think it through properly & didn't rule it out. I also thought it was good of Kirsty's dad to say what he said, I know it is for a tv series but he seemed honest enough, I just hope my ex is like that when we tell my son at the weekend.

I loved the house in Tapping too it was simply gorgeous you wouldn't pay that price here for house like that.

I liked the idea of the bootcamp too I need something to get in shape & that would be perfect & good way to meet people & it was family orientated & so glad that they still do football my son will be very pleased, although he will have to get use to calling it soccer :smile:.

I am so glad I watched it, it was upsetting seeing what their family said, I can imagine our families will be the same. Going to miss tomorrow's one but will defo try to watch Fridays one.

Great to see todays programme - PERTH!!!!!

Loved the house in Tapping!!! 4 bedroom, pool, beautiful 350,000 sterling, didnt see what that was in dollars.

You cant see it becasue the kid waves the paper around but,

The first house they showed was £265,000 or $420,000 so last summer they are using £1 = $1.585,

£350,000 at $1.585 would be $554,750

Yes, I saying to myself, Hold Up the Page!!! LOL. We are in Ireland so I wanted to know the Oz price as we are in the euro (for what its worth!!), especially with the exchange rate changing all the time, its important to know the Oz Price. Better get saving!!! Will need an improvement in the euro I think to afford this house.

Just watched the Turners in WA episode.. I think this was the best one yet....

One thing i have noticed about the houses in WA which i am not a fan of is the horrible industry metal garden fences!! Whats wrong with good old fashioned wood???

PS. what a good looking family and Jacob had a cool little hairstyle!!

Just watched the Turners in WA episode.. I think this was the best one yet....

One thing i have noticed about the houses in WA which i am not a fan of is the horrible industry metal garden fences!! Whats wrong with good old fashioned wood???

PS. what a good looking family and Jacob had a cool little hairstyle!!

Termites, they don't eat metal!

Termites, they don't eat metal!

Oh yeah good call!! Well they are still ugly there has to be an alternative surely... Actually the ones in the Turner episode were not too bad but one episode i saw a few weeks back they were alot higher.. It was the episode with the family from Northern Ireland .. Totally ruined the whole house..

Oh yeah good call!! Well they are still ugly there has to be an alternative surely... Actually the ones in the Turner episode were not too bad but one episode i saw a few weeks back they were alot higher.. It was the episode with the family from Northern Ireland .. Totally ruined the whole house..

Sadly in the hideous new build legoland suburbs that is what you will get. I still have wooden fences in my 25 year old house but get them treated regularly. Colourbond (that is the brand name of hideous metal) is commonplace in new builds.

Guest Pathfinder

Watched this also today.

I know Mr Turner is on this forum somewhere as I read one of his threads saying he was on today.

Would really like to read his update to see how it is all going so far and if kirsty went n the end.

Anyone know what Tipping is like? The house seemed a very reasonable price?

Watched this also today.

I know Mr Turner is on this forum somewhere as I read one of his threads saying he was on today.

Would really like to read his update to see how it is all going so far and if kirsty went n the end.

Anyone know what Tipping is like? The house seemed a very reasonable price?

He posted saying he was flying out on holls today so i'm guessing he wont be able to update any time soon. But i too was wondering if Kirsty is going with them.

I don't know why I bother watching that program these days, I get so damned irritated by it. The only thing in 45 minutes that made me smile was the Nana, think she was the guys nana. What a lovely lady giving her blessing to the family. I think I have been gone from the UK now for so long I am more Australian than I thought. I won't be watching any more of them.

So what's occurring! I thought today's show was brilliant....Well done Simon!!! Great to put a face to a name. I didn't hear you say Australia in an ozzy accent...I guess you owe the guys down the pub £20 lol. I loved your accents and you had a beautiful house, I can't believe how cheap they are in Swansea...and with a seaview!

Great to see fellow June gang member doing well:biggrin:

Lucy X

P.s. Nice pins in those shorts!:wink:

I don't know why I bother watching that program these days, I get so damned irritated by it. The only thing in 45 minutes that made me smile was the Nana, think she was the guys nana. What a lovely lady giving her blessing to the family. I think I have been gone from the UK now for so long I am more Australian than I thought. I won't be watching any more of them.

I agree it's not very realistic is it...

Archived